[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
pauseplease wrote:
Any thoughts on Impresence if resists aren't an issue?
Well, the problem is the best version is physical but we only do half phys damage. This means that vulnerability is cut in half on top of the already ridiculous boss curse resistance. The end result is an amulet with about the same damage as my current one but less life, no int, and costs 2 skill sockets to put in blasphemy vulnerability. My amulet is also not particularly expensive compared to some of my other gear pieces took, so it has room to improve.

"
brgillespie wrote:
"
Cons
You have to listen to the Duelist say shit

For real. The Duelist is damn near insufferable.
"My fans in Oriath would barely recognize me!"
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Last edited by PsychicMuffin on Aug 7, 2018, 11:38:43 AM
Char is now 1 day and 2 hours total play time old, had a relativly smooth leveling curve with Frost Blades, getting Multistrike and then the threshold jewel for Frost Blades increases the clearspeed tenfold, bought two Ornaments of the East when i hit lvl 46, EZ mode until maps. Had Double Strike on a 4-link for single target the whole time, Frost Blades on a 4L as well, transitioned into pure Double Strike when i hit maps at lvl 72 (without grinding, event exp was crazy).

So far my most costly purchase is my current chest for 60c, everything else was sub 10c or self found, sitting at lvl 78, 4,8k life, max resistances, nothing snooty. Having a blast leveling right now, real fun char!

Last edited by Sacrifized on Aug 7, 2018, 5:29:05 PM
Fantastic build, been looking for something like this for awhile!

Is it possible to use reave or frost blades or spectral throw for your clearing skill alongside dual strike for single target? Like maybe a 4link somewhere?
I watched your videos and don’t feel dual strike with ancestral call clears that well.

Also how budget would you say his build is as a league starter? I farm Uber lab in league start for currency and hoping to do that quick with this build. For example, in super early league could you use like bringer of rain to get this build going?

Thanks so much for your help!
"
Sacrifized wrote:
Having a blast leveling right now, real fun char!
Awesome! You have a solid set of budget gear set up, glad it's working for you!

"
bankai1009 wrote:
Fantastic build, been looking for something like this for awhile!

Is it possible to use reave or frost blades or spectral throw for your clearing skill alongside dual strike for single target? Like maybe a 4link somewhere?
I watched your videos and don’t feel dual strike with ancestral call clears that well.

Also how budget would you say his build is as a league starter? I farm Uber lab in league start for currency and hoping to do that quick with this build. For example, in super early league could you use like bringer of rain to get this build going?

Thanks so much for your help!
Yeah I toyed with that idea for a while. I also toyed with the idea of putting the clear skill in a 6L and putting DS in a 4L because ancestral call + melee splash don't even contribute to single target anyway, so it's basically already in a 4L for single target until you gem swap. In the end I decided I liked the quality of life gems instead and just rolled with it, but like...reave is the king of melee clear speed so it's hard to say that's a bad idea.

The one problem is that all the skills you mentioned will use your offhand, and I can't think of any good claw skills that aren't usable with 1H swords at all honestly. So you'd have to swap the rapier for a scepter most likely, which will definitely be less damage, but isn't the end of the world. If you really wanted to push this optimization to the limit you could find a really nice shaped helm and then effectively have dual 6L skills (personally I'd go reave + DS), and that would be pretty sick.

It's honestly really solid on a budget even to the extreme of a league starter. It just doesn't really REQUIRE much other than the bloodseeker, haemophilia, and decent life rolls on rares. I think I'd personally go with starkonja's + tabula over bringer, especially considering the flat damage on bringer has diminishing returns since DS gives us so much already, but I could see the armor and endurance charge generation being pretty valuable for early uber labbing. I think it's an interesting idea, but I can't vouch having not tested it. If you give it a shot, let me know how it goes!
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Hello!

First of all, thank you so much for this build it is crazy fun. So far i rolled my head on the keybord to lvl 80.

I was wondering, what is most important to consider when choosing the offhand weapon? It looks like the pDPS doesn't influence the overall dps.

I am sure this may have been discussed previously but in the five points you took for blood magic you skipped 5x4% hp nodes three with evasion as well for a net gain of 15% life. Assuming you can sustain mana without taking a mana node and as you noted hatred/HOA do not add a ton of benefit why not grab arctic armor, purity of lightning and purity of ice? You would be able to have far less resist on gear and it would be even more Tanky. I know there is more synergy between instant leach and that extra % HP but it just seems like a massive amount of mitigation that would prevent one shots.
"
ceddybeddy wrote:
Hello!

First of all, thank you so much for this build it is crazy fun. So far i rolled my head on the keybord to lvl 80.

I was wondering, what is most important to consider when choosing the offhand weapon? It looks like the pDPS doesn't influence the overall dps.

On your offhand you want GLOBAL stats, like gain x% of physical as extra fire/cold/lightning (This increases your damage by a lot), global crit, elemental penetration etc.

These global stats increase your damage even if you don't actually use the weapon they are on. Other stats like "x% increased physical damage" or "x - x added damage" only affects the weapon itself. Weapons used like this is called "Stat sticks" because we only use them for their stats, not their damage.
Last edited by Avous on Aug 10, 2018, 2:50:25 PM
Nice build. Tried some melee builds for the past several years but this build is like the nicest one. Please check my character for details. Some gems are in wrong place, coz of corrupted equips with wrong sockets and links.
Right now I have ~14ex to spare but I don't know what to do and where to start to push my double-strike champion even further. Can you guide me with this? Still got so excited about this build and want to enjoy it even more. Thank you !
*P/s: My champion's IGN KiaConBuomVang. Incursion Event.
Last edited by caube524 on Aug 10, 2018, 3:02:27 PM
Lovin this build, im testing it for the Delve League which i will probably use it in.

Updated gear a little bit, sitting at 6,3k life at lvl 86, just inching into T10 maps right now and everything feels like T1, the only thing i die to is massive lagspikes that are plagueing me since yesterday. Saving up for a new chest now. Is the increased elemental damage from one of the rings doing anything? Just wearing it because selffound. Saving up for a chest right now. Still haven't done uberlab because the last trial is eluding me.

Definitly going to use this build as league starter for Delve, it's unbelievably smooth in progressing through the game.
Last edited by Sacrifized on Aug 11, 2018, 3:08:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info