[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

It would be expensive or you'd have a penalty in damage. The easiest is to ditch Starkonja's helm for a regular helm and you'd have no issues with resists. If you don't do that then you're gear needs to be pretty good.

I tested removing Starkonja's but keeping the enchant and removing my ring with 6 to 12 phy damage to replace with Purity. A level 20 purity actually had slightly more damage by about 1%. But you lose out on life from the ring which costs you a good 250hp.

A good helm with the enchant cost about the same as a Starkonja's and my rings around only about 10-20c each. So the only thing you really gain overall is the minions.
Last edited by kan333 on Sep 11, 2018, 1:32:17 PM
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Well, most of your slots could have a good bit more life than they do, but that shouldn't change the facetanking of phoenix. What is going on with your gem setup though, you have two double strikes? One of them is in a 4L and that's your level 20 but your level 19 is in the 6L? If you are properly gem swapping for phoenix that extra 4L is not gaining you anything but is absolutely blocking some useful gems like enfeeble and frost bomb, which honestly make a BIG difference and you aren't using. Also make sure you use lion's roar for guardians as that's a lot of damage, probably swap taste of hate for it, and swap your life flask for a good jade flask. You have a lot of life and great instant leech so I'm not sure what the life flask is getting you, but I'm pretty sure 10k extra evasion would be better in almost all cases.

I found 4L additional Vaal Double Strike really useful. Another one is level 19 because going to corrupt it when it get's to level 20, and to be honest 19 is enough for everything, except for phoenix, as I can see.

What extactly will frost bomb do for this build? If I have to pick 1 out of 2, what should I get, frost bomb or cold snap? What about bloodrage on boss?

Life flask helps with bleed, less regen (because blood rage degen kills), desecrated ground, labyrinth (lava chamber) traps, delve darkness, etc. I can't imagine my life without it.

And lastly, should I avoid big explosion with current 7.6k life pool?
Frost bomb gives -25 to cold resistance and vaal cold snap generates frenzy charges
Would picking up vitality void make a noticeable difference in leech?
Hello all. I'm new to duelist and melee. Can someone look at my gear and see what upgrades I can make with around 2 ex?
"
leethal wrote:
Hello all. I'm new to duelist and melee. Can someone look at my gear and see what upgrades I can make with around 2 ex?

Sure

The first thing you need to do is get a Shaper offhand. Set up a poe.trade notification for a rapier with 35%+ extra damage as cold, damage penetrates 6%+ elemental resists and either a crit multiplier roll or an open suffix to put one on. Death's Hand is OK for leveling but the the sword I just noted costs around 5c to 40c depending on the time of day and would give you 12% increased damage.

You can get better jewelry than you have for 5 to 15c each. You want physical damage rolls on each piece of jewelry and a crit multiplier roll on your amulet. Write down all your resists and figure out what you need total. I can pretty much guarantee you can could spend 60c or less on all 3 pieces, end up with physical damage rolls on all of them, a crit roll on amulet and end up with 250hp or more than you have now.
Hey, just got to maps. Looks fun for the moment, I just bought a basic gear for mapping. Will try uber lab tomorrow as the last ascendancy nodes seem really good !
But why does my path of building show only 21k dps ? I don't know what i am doing that could be wrong, i create a new build, import my character, tree, jewels and items... and it show 21k dps.
But I can clearly see that I deal a lot more than that as everything is exploding :D
"
Ulkio wrote:
Hey, just got to maps. Looks fun for the moment, I just bought a basic gear for mapping. Will try uber lab tomorrow as the last ascendancy nodes seem really good !
But why does my path of building show only 21k dps ? I don't know what i am doing that could be wrong, i create a new build, import my character, tree, jewels and items... and it show 21k dps.
But I can clearly see that I deal a lot more than that as everything is exploding :D

When you use PoB you have to tell it what is happening to you or mobs by using the configuration tab. Load up the OP's PoB link and look at his configuration page to get a better idea.
Hey!
First of all very well detailed build guide, thanks!

Im searching for a new build to play.. and as a starter for leagues that can scale without having to make a new char half way through.

Atm I´ve been facerolling with trapper that can do all content BUT.. it is squishy as hell and I hate it.. dying many times lvl80-90 range is pain in the ass.. and just so completely demoralizes from playing traps at that range.

I looked at tanky builds and this came up.. havent played melee in a long long time but seems this could be good for both high tier maps and delves?

High tier maps 10+ I get random deaths from one, two shotted by random mobs or bosses at times. Plus DELVE-s as trapper is decent but still so squishy, very easy to one\two shot die.
Mathils actual cat
"
kan333 wrote:
"
leethal wrote:

Sure

The first thing you need to do is get a Shaper offhand. Set up a poe.trade notification for a rapier with 35%+ extra damage as cold, damage penetrates 6%+ elemental resists and either a crit multiplier roll or an open suffix to put one on. Death's Hand is OK for leveling but the the sword I just noted costs around 5c to 40c depending on the time of day and would give you 12% increased damage.

You can get better jewelry than you have for 5 to 15c each. You want physical damage rolls on each piece of jewelry and a crit multiplier roll on your amulet. Write down all your resists and figure out what you need total. I can pretty much guarantee you can could spend 60c or less on all 3 pieces, end up with physical damage rolls on all of them, a crit roll on amulet and end up with 250hp or more than you have now.

Hi thanks for the advice. I've upgraded my offhand and ammy, how about for the rings, what should i get stat wise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info