[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

what would you guys look for in weapon upgrades after blood seeker? Is 100 chaos enough for anything for looking at?
"
"
Meynbuhdei wrote:
The "Life Leech/On Hit Rate" stat shows you the maximum amount of health you can leech with one hit given your health total. A "Life Leech/On hit Rate" of 68548.1 is impossible because the maximum life leech you can get per hit is capped at 20% of your max health. If you were to have 5000 Health then your life leech/on hit would be 1000 because that's 20% of your health pool. Having "Life Leech/On hit Rate" at 68548.1 would mean he had 342,740 health.

TL:DR don't trust POB w/ unreasonable numbers

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodseeker

Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon is instant

Gain life on hit is applied instantly and is not capped by 20%

I probably don't know what I'm talking about at this point but wasn't there a nerf that made it so you could only leech a certain percent of your health pool per hit? The OP of the build touched on it on the 3.6 update section, but when I changed the wording on POB my Life Leech/On Hit Rate jumped to 56736 so clearly I was wrong on that front. Was OP wrong and the damage leeched by Bloodseekers is just not capped?
"
Meynbuhdei wrote:
"
"
Meynbuhdei wrote:
The "Life Leech/On Hit Rate" stat shows you the maximum amount of health you can leech with one hit given your health total. A "Life Leech/On hit Rate" of 68548.1 is impossible because the maximum life leech you can get per hit is capped at 20% of your max health. If you were to have 5000 Health then your life leech/on hit would be 1000 because that's 20% of your health pool. Having "Life Leech/On hit Rate" at 68548.1 would mean he had 342,740 health.

TL:DR don't trust POB w/ unreasonable numbers

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodseeker

Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon is instant

Gain life on hit is applied instantly and is not capped by 20%

I probably don't know what I'm talking about at this point but wasn't there a nerf that made it so you could only leech a certain percent of your health pool per hit? The OP of the build touched on it on the 3.6 update section, but when I changed the wording on POB my Life Leech/On Hit Rate jumped to 56736 so clearly I was wrong on that front. Was OP wrong and the damage leeched by Bloodseekers is just not capped?

Leech from hellions are instant, and not capped. Correct me someone if im wrong.I need to read 3.6 patch notes.
Leech from Bloodseeker is still leech and is subject to the cap, although it is applied at once.

Gain on hit is also instant, but is not capped and is an entirely different mechanic.

For raw numbers, leech can still produce thousands of HP per second, whereas gains on hit are paltry in comparison - even a level 20 20% LGOH gem will only support about 70 or so per enemy hit, so say you are running molten strike with 30 lavaballs per sec, that's 2100 if they all hit, which generally doesn't happen with normal slayer/zerk accuracy being around 90-96%.

VDS with onslaught + totem + blood rage might get you to 9-12 APS and there it will hit the cap before you've run out of rage.

Where leech really shines is mana leech, since while you have a buncha stuff reserving your mana, the leech rate is either a) uncapped or b) reflects a % of total mana, so you have far greater potential although bloodseekers do not leech mana, it's pretty common on flasks and other accessories.

Mana gain on hit is a joke compared to leech. It's limited to shaper rings, twin claw type weapons, and a corrupt. You're strictly better off with a -cost to skills affix unless you're using it to proc in delves where sometimes you can't leech in the dark.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

This was straight from 3.6 patch notes linked by OP in the update section. Don't really know what to make of this when looking at POB though.
"
Meynbuhdei wrote:
"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

This was straight from 3.6 patch notes linked by OP in the update section. Don't really know what to make of this when looking at POB though.

Do you have a quote from patch notes pls?
"
"
Meynbuhdei wrote:
"
Leech Length Nerf

Do you have a quote from patch notes pls?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333233 Link to the patch notes. Ctrl+F: "Leech"
There are two types of leech cap:
1. leech cap per one hit (can not exceed 10% of your life)
2. leech cap in a second (can not exceed 20% of your life)

Also the leech is not instant and all leech instances (for each hit) is applied in a time.

All that means that GGG changes to leech made it so it does not matter how hard you hit or how big your aps is - you will not leech more than 20% of your hp in second. Although there are some ways to increase that global cap (arakaali, belt, tree, ascendency)

But bloodseeker is not affected almost to all of this because the leech is instant and not HOT (heal on time).
The only thing that affects leech from bloodseekers is the leech cap per hit.
So to leech big numbers with bloodseekers you need to stack APS.

The more attacks you do - the more leech you can achieve and it is not capped by leech cap in second.

That was stated by op in first post.

PS. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axqh93/bloodseeker_claw_new_leech_mechanics/
any 3.7 changes?
The build is pretty viable.

Red elder was easier and faster than ever before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0w-GM3PyY&feature=youtu.be

At the beginning of the fight there were some weird problems with double strike not targeting elder.
Last edited by hidden_gobsek on Jun 27, 2019, 4:12:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info