600+ DEATHS IN INCURSION LEAGUE

Hello guys yes i have 600+ deaths, my character is duelist dual wielding im current level 64 i stopped dealing any damage to monsters and i die fast i suffered to reach level 64 with 608 deaths ,now im hard stuck at leveling because i started to lose heavy experience, i tried many builds and combos still didn't work for me.
btw i played world of warcraft for 8 years, league of legend for 4 years and read alot about how good is this game but i think i reached my dead end,everyday i wake up walking in acts for 3 hours didnt know what to do how to fix my character and start playing. anyone could refresh my life in this game?
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2018, 7:47:18 PM
Hello exile,

I see some typical mistakes here.

You have some skills here and there but without proper supports.

In fact your passive tree looks solid but your gear is terrible.

You should be looking for gear with both flat life and resistances.

Try to keep resistances above 50-60% (close to 75% as possible) and you should have around 3k life at the current level (300-400 life per act).

There are some nice beginners guides on YT

I can recommend Engineering Eternity and you can start with his Beginner's Guide Series.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q/playlists

There are also lots of topics with same problems we´re discussing here.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154763
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 15, 2018, 1:10:57 PM
I just took a quick look at your character. You lack resists, your weapons are garbage (look into vendor recipes to craft weapons), your main skill whatever that may be, has no support's added to it and you should have at least 3 supports linked to it at that level. Vaal Pact (passive node) might also not be that good of an idea this early, I think life regen would be better for you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
don't get too discouraged with your current state of affairs, but use it as a massive learning experience.
this game is not noobie friendly, and often times your first few characters will be failures, but successful in teaching you more and more about the game.
By no means,am I being cynical or making fun of you,and I do understand that poe can be hard for new players,but...

608 deaths by level 64? How did you have that much nerve to level to 64 by dying so much?
weapons resists and life are pretty bad.

you should have 75% all res, a 200 DPS weapon, and 4000 life there as melee IMO.

This game is really easy to maps once you get past learning curve though. Most people do 64 in <8 hours deathless so dont give up yet

Oh and stay away from incursions too until you have a 5L and stats above you'll get raped and not get anything anyway because not enough kills otherwise
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 16, 2018, 5:43:19 AM
Your gear is pure garbage. Besides, looks like you don't know what you have to achieve. Lacerate for clearing and molten strike for single target? Will not work with your tree. Molten strike requires at least 2 Wildfire gems and goot investment to elemental nodes, drop it as your tree is not suitable for this. Drop it, get Brihgtbeak (mine hand) and Prismatic eclipse (offhand), get Tabula rasa, throw away every piece of your current equipment, buy something with at least +50 life and ele resists in every piece, use sunder and swap it with heavy strike for bosses. You will see the difference. Then go to forum, look at some other builds, try to figure what to do yourself :)
I don't know much about playing League of Legends, but just about the only useful thing for Path of Exile which you could have learned in WoW is, dodge attacks. As the other posters indicated you need gear upgrades and probably some clarification about getting your skills to interact in useful ways.

My suggestion is patience is key to playing PoE. I have 1000+ hours in PoE, have built four characters to lvl 85+ in four different leagues, and I still feel like I don't know much about this game. The farthest I've gotten in the endgame is completing Tier 14 maps. It is a complex game and if you want a significant understanding of the game it will take a significant effort.
Don't be too discouraged by the feedback. Given that the passive tree is fine, maybe with minor adjustments, you can easily save this build.

The passive tree looks pretty similar to a guide I have been following, so that part appears to be strong (with my limited experience). I'm not sure if Vaal Pact is the best since you have several good regen nodes, but with better weapons your life leech will be much stronger, so maybe it's a good idea. Think I'd get the last 3 5% life nodes close to Constitution next. You need more life, much more. Both from gear and the tree.

I see you have changed out some gear, but one big problem is that you have a handful of main attack skills. It is better to focus on about 2. One for clearing and one for single targets. I can't tell which would be most fitting for your build, but you have many dual wielding nodes so keep that in mind. One thing's for sure, you shouldn't have 4 (reave, dual strike, lacerate, molten strike).

Your fire and cold resistances are topped up now, but lightning is actually negative. That's a huge problem, and will probably get you more-or-less instantly killed against a pack of lightning enemies, or with map mods that give enemies added lightning damage (I forget the exact wording). You simply need to address this one way or another, because right now it's a death sentence.

Both your weapons are poor, so you ought to upgrade them. That will get you much higher DPS once you have focused on one attack skill with appropriate support gems. Consequently, this will get you more survivability because you can kill more enemies before they have time to dish out serious damage against you.

Don't know if you have some chaos orbs by now, you probably do. So familiarise yourself with the official trade site (or poe.trade if you prefer that). You should be able to find good upgrades for a chaos per item. For instance, you can get good Scaevas for 1-2 chaos, which is a good weapon. It requires level 60 to wield, which you have.

I'm not ecstatic about the Icetomb body armour, despite being 4-linked. You could really do with a 5-link by now, and it should be possible to get a decent one fairly cheaply. Here is one search, which you can adapt depending on your needs. Note that if you need different coloured sockets, you must buy a non-corrupted one.

Your first ring may be okay due to decent resistances, but your other one is poor. Barely any life and little resistance. You can find better ones on the cheap. Or probably pretty easily during mapping.

Your belt adds strength and therefore limited life, but not much else. Again you can find big upgrades on the cheap on the market. Just use the search function and you can find good stuff. Getting into trading may be a hurdle at first, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive. Much, much easier to find gear you need that way than with grinding and crossing your fingers.

Looks like you have only done one Labyrinth so far. Once you have fixed the gear, try to do at least one more. Not sure what would be the best choice, but Conqueror looks good, if you remove Vaal Pact. Otherwise the life regeneration won't do squat. Fortitude looks piss-poor, as you can get Fortify via other means.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 16, 2018, 7:59:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info