[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hi, can someone please explain to me why under the gem links for Molten Strike, we are not using 'Elemental Focus' over 'Combustion' for higher single-target DPS?

Thanks!
"
kazafz wrote:
Hi, can someone please explain to me why under the gem links for Molten Strike, we are not using 'Elemental Focus' over 'Combustion' for higher single-target DPS?

Thanks!

Elemental focus = no ignites = no frenzy charges
"
ezpeezee wrote:
"
kazafz wrote:

Thanks!

Elemental focus = no ignites = no frenzy charges

Thanks - makes sense to me! :)

I think this been answered but there already 86 pages on this single thread...

Tabula Rasa, what should I put on it for leveling purposes? step by step process when it comes down to leveling with this build?
I used the 4-link Molten strike setup with Wrath in Tabula Rasa until mid 40's ish, then used 4l flicker with a sucession of unique swords and blood rage, with MS backup from there to 67 then activated TURBO-ORO-FLICKER and never looked back.

As these fell off the Shaper yesterday, trying to prove to myself the kill wasn't a fluke (it wasn't) I re-rolled them and put them to use for delving.

Pretty much perma-phasing seems to be useful so far, though I'm really nooby about delving and am only now hitting the meager 200's?
"
antje123 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if the freeze boots are worth it over the atziri's step. If what are your thoughts about that? If not, what makes the atziri's step boots so good? Would darkray vectors be worth for the extra dodge per frenzy? considering we get 5 frenzy charges all the time. they also have a lot of evasion on them.

Really comes down to preference, can get more burst dps with the freeze immune boots due to being able to use another damage flask but some defenses are lost.

Atziri's step is good simply because the more spell dodge we have, the better spell dodge gets. The 16% additional spell dodge translates into a 23% reduction in spell damage (since it is added on top of phase acrobatics).

The boot slot is pretty flexible, can use anything there and get good results though I recommend using something with HP on it. Since we stack so many defensive layers just a few more hundred HP is very effective.

"
Loving the build! Just getting to red maps now. Any recommendations on gear would be greatly appreciated.

Hey SirCheese,

Since it looks like you're only using molten strike right now I'd recommend trying to get a Dying Sun flask, it's a pretty significant damage boost on molten strike (1.3x damage).

Other than that a better boot enchant for boots shouldn't be too hard to get, and your Oro's sacrifice can be divined to a much higher roll, it is currently nearly average.

"
Nekrolith wrote:
best way to get 3R 2B on Oro's sacrifice ?

Either just chrome it or use the crafting bench "At least on blue socket" option. On average with either method it should take roughly 109 chromes.

Check it out more in depth here: https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

"
darkedone02 wrote:
I think this been answered but there already 86 pages on this single thread...

Tabula Rasa, what should I put on it for leveling purposes? step by step process when it comes down to leveling with this build?

Just add onslaught support and added fire damage to the recommended 4 link setup for molten strike.

Try to get a bunch of quicksilver flasks with the "Of adrenaline" mod, as well as some boots which have increased movement speed.

"
Iteken wrote:
As these fell off the Shaper yesterday, trying to prove to myself the kill wasn't a fluke (it wasn't) I re-rolled them and put them to use for delving.

Pretty much perma-phasing seems to be useful so far, though I'm really nooby about delving and am only now hitting the meager 200's?

Gz on shaper!

Just a heads up if you like the phasing mechanic, it's possible to get abyss jewels with the "% chance to gain phasing on kill" if you feel like switching to other boots.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hi! I google searched this post and couldn't find the suggestion.

I'm currently using this build (amazing fun btw),
currentyl using Belly and Atziri's Step.
I'm using VaalGrace, and with it I reach an 6% overcap on spell dodge, and wondered if it would be worse to change into the double sword + Kaom's and change the boots for a Windshriek, thereby freeing 5 passive points (which I would plan to use on getting Devotion, for even more life, or dunno, suggestions?)?

Amazing guide, thanks for the work!
Can someone please explain me the purpose of swapping the passives after comletion of Uber lab?
Wildfire will not work in the new jewel slot, because there's only 30 str there.
(I'm talking about this image: https://i.imgur.com/awY2b4Y.jpg)
Also loosing Sentinel (24% evasion and 10% all res) doesn't look good.
Last edited by Odiumrus on Jan 31, 2019, 5:31:59 AM
I have all items and 2 6L wiht 6,2k life at lv 86 but I have the feeling that my molten strike damage is abysmal. POB is showing 86k damage per magma ball and 145k melee hit but it feels more like 20k damage per magma ball. I have 5 balls with around 7 attacks per sec which makes it 35 balls in total. If we calculate the actual damage (with around 40% of the balls hitting the target) i still should have around 1 million dps but it feels waaaay less.

here is the link if anyone is interested https://pastebin.com/E7PwZjdu
Last edited by Fallbringer on Jan 31, 2019, 5:42:33 PM
"
Brfeldens wrote:
Hi! I google searched this post and couldn't find the suggestion.

I'm currently using this build (amazing fun btw),
currentyl using Belly and Atziri's Step.
I'm using VaalGrace, and with it I reach an 6% overcap on spell dodge, and wondered if it would be worse to change into the double sword + Kaom's and change the boots for a Windshriek, thereby freeing 5 passive points (which I would plan to use on getting Devotion, for even more life, or dunno, suggestions?)?

Amazing guide, thanks for the work!

That would definitely be a viable alternative, glad you're enjoying!

"
Odiumrus wrote:
Can someone please explain me the purpose of swapping the passives after comletion of Uber lab?
Wildfire will not work in the new jewel slot, because there's only 30 str there.
(I'm talking about this image: https://i.imgur.com/awY2b4Y.jpg)
Also loosing Sentinel (24% evasion and 10% all res) doesn't look good.

The Wildfire jewel activates based off of total strength in range. This strength doesn't have to be allocated. If I remember correctly the jewel position has 60 strength in radius. The wording of the jewel is very misleading, you can try it yourself just taking the jewel in and out of that slot and seeing if the # of projectiles in the molten strike tooltip changes.

Concerning the Uber lab, here is a more comprehensive list of the switch:

Before Uber lab we use 9 passives to get 60 strength, 10 intelligence and a jewel slot. The sentinel notable eventually will get deactivated by the Might of the Meek jewels so it isn't being counted in this calculation.

After Uber lab switch we use 10 passive points to get 40 strength, 12% attack speed and 8% life and a jewel slot.

You can think of it as spending an additional passive point to obtain 12% attack speed and 8% life which is a pretty good deal.

"
Fallbringer wrote:
I have all items and 2 6L wiht 6,2k life at lv 86 but I have the feeling that my molten strike damage is abysmal. POB is showing 86k damage per magma ball and 145k melee hit but it feels more like 20k damage per magma ball. I have 5 balls with around 7 attacks per sec which makes it 35 balls in total. If we calculate the actual damage (with around 40% of the balls hitting the target) i still should have around 1 million dps but it feels waaaay less.

here is the link if anyone is interested https://pastebin.com/E7PwZjdu

Hey Fallbringer,

Make sure you set the projectile distance to under 10 in POB (to activate point blank keystone), as well as turn on "Is the enemy intimidated". Setting the option "Is the Enemy a boss?" to either standard boss or Shaper/Guardians may also give a more realistic dps value.

Concerning actual in game dps feel:

1) Critical strike chance is a bit low. At 7% crit there will be periods of time where elemental overload is inactive, especially if the golem dies. This is a large loss of damage.

Recommended crit chance is around 10%. Here are some ways to achieve this threshold: Respec out of the passive skills "Mana flows" which isn't needed anymore and put those 2 points into divine Fervour. Abyss jewels with "% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently" will also help a lot. If you have the currency, it is also possible to buy a pair of boots with the labyrinth enchant "% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently".

2) Somewhat less important, total "% increased damage" is decent but on the low end at only 329% in total. Any increase in this stat should lead to large increases in damage.

3) Picking up the frenzy charges will help a lot, especially for flicker strike which gets bonus damage the more frenzy charges we have.

4) It's also possible to drop the second life flask for another damage flask, but this is up to you.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info