[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Yeah gripped gloves are optimal for molten strike now, the incursion gloves won't be back until next league.

Actually, Incursion mods have made a comeback in Delve - you can find them on items dropped in certain encounters. Only thing is, they might cost you a lot because I've only seen 3 up for trade in the past few days I've been watching - I snapped these up for 100c.

Last edited by Meddyan on Sep 7, 2018, 6:55:31 AM
Why do we path through the mana nodes (Revelry) down south?
"
Meddyan wrote:
Actually, Incursion mods have made a comeback in Delve - you can find them on items dropped in certain encounters. Only thing is, they might cost you a lot because I've only seen 3 up for trade in the past few days I've been watching - I snapped these up for 100c.

Wow nice!

"
enicces wrote:
Why do we path through the mana nodes (Revelry) down south?

Flicker strike mana requirements with this build are around 180-200 mana per second, without those 3 points our mana per second is only around 150.

- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

Wonder if this is good enough for a budget version. 6L belly and oro's are way out of budget for me. Also all but the 2 wildfire and the fireborn are 2c rares, because Might of the Meek costs 120+ chaos each.

Also, you seem to have a 3 off color Starkonja's head and Atziri's step, wonder how necessary are those.
"
joel91 wrote:

Wonder if this is good enough for a budget version. 6L belly and oro's are way out of budget for me. Also all but the 2 wildfire and the fireborn are 2c rares, because Might of the Meek costs 120+ chaos each.

Also, you seem to have a 3 off color Starkonja's head and Atziri's step, wonder how necessary are those.

4l off colors are easy with vorici trick, instead of tombfist get some corrupted unique 6l with colors you want, you can find some with average stats and they are cheap
Hi there,I am a player from taiwan server,if my english is ass please don't mind :/

I started the league with arc totem,and it's just too easy for the game so I found it boring.
After that I search around in the internet,found this build and it seems interesting. Then I played this build for around a week.
Now I have some trouble for what to buy next for beating the game,can you help me out?

Right now,I do have a 5L oro's and 5L belly,for my amulet I do bought a impressence so it feels so smooth when mapping(thanks to my arc totem btw,saved alot of currency,so I can make this build work much better LOL)
I pretty much followed all the gear,basically the same as yours,starkonja(but without the MS enchant),atziri steps,rings with increased ele dmg on atk,fire dmg...even a stygian vise which I think it's pretty good.
I think that's enough for going deeper in the delve and higher tier of maps but my question is what to buy next.
Was thinking about dying sun or one might of the meek.Watcher's are just over my budget(in my server a anger fire pen watcher costs around 15ex,also without any other anger affix,wtf?)
Or do I just wait for one 6L oro/belly,or even a starkonja with the enchant?(right now there's no one selling it,so not a option for now...)

Few more questions along with the question above,sorry if that's too annoying to read.
If dying sun > MoTM,which pot do I replace with?Wise Oak or Atziri's Promise?
If MoTM > dying sun,should I put it in the higher part of the tree and the lower part?Btw I havent use orb of regret to replace those resistance point in the starting part of the tree(hope you know which few talent points I am talking about,I'm not used to talk something about PoE in english yet :/)
Also I am retarded and sucks ass at calculating,if I place a MoTM in the higher part,does that mean I don't have to worry about my intelligence?since our int is around 13x in this stage of the game and that's not enough for 20 lvl enfeeble right?

Man I feel stressed out when I have to type a ton of words in english,I don't even know if you can understand it or not LOL
anyway thanks alot for the sharing of the build,it's so much fun that makes me want to try to reach 100 level with this build too.
looking foward for the reply on my(stupid) question!
A really good flask to use is the rotgut quicksilver flask. It gives you a huge burst of dps through onslaught while being extremely cheap.
Level 79 - No uber completed, no watcher's eye or might of the meek. 5.4khp and 5 links only. Deleting content. T13 down so far. Feel a tad squishy but I've replaced the quicksilver flask with a stibnite flask for the smoke cloud it provides to help with bossing. Great build super fun. Can't wait till i'm decked out in 20ex worth of gear.

Quick question.. Is elemental reflect not runnable or is there something I can do to make it safe to run?
Trying this in Delve (I'm level 89 with it) , works out pretty good overall but I think I might be doing something wrong. Maps are easy so far, but I couldn't beat red tier Elder (I did beat all his guardians though, and Uber Labs is also easy), so there is no way this is going to be beating Shaper or Uber Elder right now on 5L's, not even close. I only have 5L on both Belly and Oro's, and I have to use Life Gain on Hit on my Molten in some situations to stay alive which reduces the damage pretty heavily (I have to swap out Elemental Damage with Attacks for it due to socket colors). Also, I can't seem to get over 5.7K HP even though I have several more life nodes on my passive tree than on the suggested passive trees here, and all of my gear and jewels have +max life....

The other issue I have having is that on higher tier maps (say T12+ roughly), flicker strike is no longer cutting it. It has to double tap most mobs or more in order to kill them (and it is pointless to even try to kill most yellow mobs with it, you have to just stop and molten them down), so I am ending up clearing maps much more slowly with Molten, which is easy and fine but significantly slower. This is sad because Flicker is such a big part of this build, and the main reason Oro's is sued. Since I'm only using Molten Strike in high tier maps and end game content, it makes me kind of wonder if using something other than Oro's (like dual wielding Grelwood's) and just using Molten for everything would've actually been a better decision for a build for those of us who aren't rich. This is my only Delve character and I have about 2 exalted total in the bank right now, so this build may not be viable for someone like me.
Last edited by Straafe on Sep 16, 2018, 8:43:16 PM
Here's my gear if anyone wants to take a look to see where I went wrong.

I hit level 90 and moved around some passives to get more jewel slots (I was using Diamond Skin but I specced out of that and was able to re-max my resist barely without it). With a few more jewel slots, I was able to get some more DPS and my HP up to 6.2K, but it still feels a bit low.

For Molten Strike, I use Ancestral for delve, and I use either elemental damage or life gain on hit for bosses. I still have healing flasks because without Life Gain on hit the regen is pitiful. My skill tree is nearly identical to the suggested one, but with a few extra life nodes at the cost of a couple of the attack speed nodes. I've noticed % health and % fire damage on the "Budget" jewel are more effective for DPS and Max HP respectively than using abyssal jewels with +# Max Life and +# Fire Damage to attacks as well, but I do have some Abyssals with the % chance to grant Onslaught and some extra crit if I haven't crit recently etc. Most of my gear is self found (I got pretty lucky getting some OK items for this build), but I did have to buy the chest and sword.

I do all this and can't even kill red tier Elder, but then I watch this guy on youtube killing Shaper with a friggin Tabula Rasa on and under 6k HP on his 'budget' demo video for this build lol. Do I just suck really bad?
Last edited by Straafe on Sep 16, 2018, 8:49:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info