[3.3 Incursion] INSANE dps Ball Lightning Totem (nosense dps) - Endgame video UP

high dps, low life and defences, 2 deaths. No good for Uber.
But interesting build. :)
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 14, 2018, 5:40:33 AM
"
Hitma47 wrote:

holy shit, you link me a video of stupid demigod? he make guide with mirror gear!!
"omg dps insande with only 1k ex investment".. so stupid
i say last time this.. THIS TOTEM BUILD IS INSANE DPS.. beacuse if u see gear, is like 10ex budget.. and looking how fast life of shaper and uber elder go down, is insane..
in standard i've 18milion shaper dps build, but i'm not so ret*rd to publish it.. has nosense..
pls l2p!

Last edited by grizzly40 on Jul 14, 2018, 5:53:44 AM
"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Hitma47 wrote:

holy shit, you link me a video of stupid demigod? he make guide with mirror gear!!
"omg dps insande with only 1k ex investment".. so stupid
i say last time this.. THIS TOTEM BUILD IS INSANE DPS.. beacuse if u see gear, is like 10ex budget.. and looking how fast life of shaper and uber elder go down, is insane..
in standard i've 18milion shaper dps build, but i'm not so ret*rd to publish it.. has nosense..
pls l2p!

I can do a build which costs 2ex and have more survivability and damage than yours. It's not insane.
But whatever man, best of luck with your build, it's the last time i'm replying in this topic.

sure sure also only 10c... finally! gb
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Hello mate, i'm back again haha.

Your build is amazing...but i've a lit problem. Sometimes i die...like SUICIDAL.

I dont know what's dat, cuz i just move and plant the totens...and DIE!
And another question...the Arcane Surge, its just to get a better debuff from Conductivity?

Thank you very much.
"
RyaNN_ wrote:
Hello mate, i'm back again haha.

Your build is amazing...but i've a lit problem. Sometimes i die...like SUICIDAL.

I dont know what's dat, cuz i just move and plant the totens...and DIE!
And another question...the Arcane Surge, its just to get a better debuff from Conductivity?

Thank you very much.

debuff from conductivity?.....
u know how arane surge works?? just read gem descrption.
Here's everything you need to know about the build:

- It is a totem build, the play-style if not everyone.

Spoiler
The totem play-style is basically you run around, put totems, run while totems kill, put totems again.. etc.

Some people prefer to do the damage themselves, and that depends on the player.

- The build is defensive, and packs a really decent amount of damage and clear speed.

Spoiler
I made this build in standard using very random gear I found in my stash + Shimeron's of course. I ran a couple of Atziris and a couple of random Tier maps (mostly yellow tier) and it felt pretty satisfying.

Very simple mechanics, you place totems, gain charges to increase your damage and crit, kill things while you advance to the next area. The gem swap is pretty important for bossing because it increases your damage substantially. And the focused area + the amount of times Ball Lightning hits is godly so you just see bosses melt.

- You shouldn't expect it to deal damage equal to builds like any build from Lemon DemiGod and/or builds that utilize amazing gear with Shaper/Elder mods, etc.

Spoiler
While this build gives you a great amount of damage, you shouldn't expect it to deal MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of damage and see for example Uber Elder one shotted. For the gear you require for this build (which is basically on Shimerons) you deal a handful amount of damage without having to invest much into the build. But of course you can always alter how the build feels and plays with the tree and gear.

I'd also say that the play-style of Ball Lightning totems are pretty satisfying. With all the balls flying around shocking and killing things its pretty good.

Should you play this build?

Spoiler
If you're looking for a fairly defensive and chill play-style build that requires little effort and investment to deal a good amount of damage and do every content this game has to offer, then this build is for you.

If you're looking for a bladeflurry/molten strike boss killer that melts bosses before they even spawn, then this isn't for you.

The build utilized some flasks such as Lavianga's Spirit for extra QoL and Dying Sun for more projectiles, which is always welcome in a projectile based build.

What are all the required Gear/Uniques?

Spoiler
There is only one required unique in this build:

just two Shimerons. Shimerons is a BIS for lightning based totem/trap builds because it offers so much damage and you gain no set-back from using them.

I'd also recommend getting:

Mainly because this build uses MoM and can benefit from a mana flask allowing you to always use your skills no matter how much you're taking damage (of course unless you die).

Other uniques that are worth noting?

Spoiler

The Dying Sun flask is really great if you can afford it. It adds a lot of clearspeed/single target damage because of the extra projectiles.

I personally found those to add a lot of damage for me and the movement speed on it is also not bad. But only use this if you already have max res on your gear.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skin_of_the_Loyal

If you can afford a Skin of the Loyal (especially with a +2 corrupt) it will add A LOT of damage to your build. The more you can add to the levels of your gems, the more damage you will be dealing.

That is all for now, and if you have any more questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.

Thank you Hitma47 for the build, I am enjoying it so far.

EDIT:

Here's my current gear for the build if you're interested:

Spoiler
Last edited by BackdoorTrojanVirus on Jul 16, 2018, 8:31:03 PM
"

thanks man x :) yes playstyle is not for all, i already destroyed this build cuz for me is boring.. i psoted it because I was really surprised in the single target dps, is a dps near mirror build (i play a lot with mirror item in std so i know what i'm saying).. but pls don't talk about demigod beacuse i consider him a really stupid :'D
Last edited by Hitma47 on Jul 17, 2018, 4:37:37 AM
"
Hitma47 wrote:
"

thanks man x :) yes playstyle is not for all, i already destroyed this build cuz for me is boring.. i psoted it because I was really surprised in the single target dps, is a dps near mirror build (i play a lot with mirror item in std so i know what i'm saying).. but pls don't talk about demigod beacuse i consider him a really stupid :'D

I wouldn't call him stupid, he's creative in his own rich ways :)

I used some of his builds and made them budget before, and they were really good!

I don't post builds because I never truly make my own builds.. I usually just tweak here and there, but for me it gets the job done.

But thanks for the build anyways!
I started incursion with arc totems and leveled to 91. I found it extremely squishy and single target is horrible (need to switch to tendrils or other, very sloppy plus totems to close to target will die easily). I’m enjoying bl and feels like a great compromise, perhaps even faster mapping since you can truly run ahead with the safety of balls. Hoping for bl mtx sale soon...hard to see w/ screen clutter.

I’m using omeyocan boots for the onslaught speed and +dodge. Devotos for more speed.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
I started incursion with arc totems and leveled to 91. I found it extremely squishy and single target is horrible (need to switch to tendrils or other, very sloppy plus totems to close to target will die easily). I’m enjoying bl and feels like a great compromise, perhaps even faster mapping since you can truly run ahead with the safety of balls. Hoping for bl mtx sale soon...hard to see w/ screen clutter.

I’m using omeyocan boots for the onslaught speed and +dodge. Devotos for more speed.

yes bl is op for mapping and single target just switching gmp with slower, try to get devoto with +1 power charge to boost dps with double shimmeron..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info