Red-map Incursions: the shooting gallery

What's the matter John? I thought your arc traps were enough?

Hahahahahah

/WOOSH
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Vaal constructs aren't as dangerous as people make it sound... they target 1 area, not the movement. So you move, they attack, you have a second or two to move again, they attack, repeat.

Just don't stand still! Run in a direction that is not towards them when you spawn and they all miss, you live.
Pop that quicksilver and run diagonally at them.

You should be able to kill them just after they get the first volley off.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Jun 23, 2018, 11:07:29 PM
Incursions are pretty nasty with -max resistance +crit dmg +element dmg
But monsters in it are very,very slow

I just jump to left jump to right,instant kill and repeat

even in corrupted t16 you will not die doing this.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
This might be a silly question, but are you popping the flasks before you go into an incursion?

I've also heard making sure your golem is desummoned before entering helps, since it doesn't cause them to start attacking before you move.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Vaal constructs aren't as dangerous as people make it sound... they target 1 area, not the mo-

So remember that the next time you're unlucky enough to be placed in the spawn of Chasm : they spawn above you on both sides, with you in the middle of a 2 direction staircase...One target with nowhere to go.

Also : If you've upgraded mobs to move faster, and there are already quick mobs around, they'll literally start attacking you while you're still stunned from the frucking teleport...
Last edited by LeetbakaDX on Jun 24, 2018, 9:28:46 PM
Play a build that can one shot vaal packs from a distance and offscreen them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
they are. it's a full "Mathil mode" character with less than 4k life and a broken as hell skill (Arc Traps) - minus the Mathil playing skills...

"
Red Maps however are another story.
I feel like I can't do anything to counter it.

I'll refrain from making a joke about softcore players and I'll be polite instead: you'll die a lot less in incursions if you get more life, mitigation and utility (CWDT Frost Wall, for example).
Last edited by ChefoSLR on Jun 24, 2018, 11:05:03 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'm getting my ass kicked...
spawn in the middle of a big open room. Vaal Constructs on at least one side. sitting duck. move = die.

how to not die?

i agree. there shouldn't be mobs around you when u spawn into the incursion...they already shoot at ya while you can't do shit. It's just the first second that is scary...rest is easy
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 25, 2018, 1:02:41 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'm getting my ass kicked...
spawn in the middle of a big open room. Vaal Constructs on at least one side. sitting duck. move = die.

how to not die?

Make another character, incursions viable. Some brass dome based juggernaut with at least 50% chaos resistances, then farm icnursions/uber lab and get better gear for your glass cannon. I did it after my evasion based bosskiller was kicked in incursion due to lack of chaos resistances (and good gear with chos res for that build started from 3 ex each piece). Now I can handle T16 incursions with jugg. (70% chaos res, 90% phys dmg reduction) and as a bonus I'm able to run lab, regardless Izaro modes. Pretty fast too with haste, 70/6,4 quicksilver flask, rotgut, onslaught for 4 sec after killing, phase run. Thanks to trading with enchanted helmets I was able to buy half of required gear for my second build, so it will be "incursion viable" soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info