[3.4] Good Starter - League Freezing Pulse Occultist (Guardians/Shaper down)

I'm playing a very similar build that tackle70 created and thought I would share the leveling advice I posted there since there are questions here. You'll need to adjust the trees a little bit since i was following tackle70's build and the pathing is slightly different, but it shows the basic progression.

My leveling advice...
Spoiler

Pick up a Karui Ward Amulet as soon as your first Alch drops.

Gives needed strength and dex for leveling your gems along with move speed and projectile damage.

Grab the First Snow jewels as soon as you reach a gem slot for each and get two Tulborn wands at level 24. They are only an Alch and are awesome leveling wands.

Get a Goldrim when your first Chaos drops

For the skill tree I went a bit different than the general leveling guidelines of saving crit and charges for near the end. With this build high crit is also a defense since mobs that are frozen can't hurt you.

38 points
poeurl.com/b0E7

65 points
poeurl.com/b0E9

If it's really needed you can grab more life nodes as well since we get 20 free refund points from quests.

Ascendancy order for me is Wicked Ward > Vile Bastion > Forbidden Power

Saving Forbidden Power for last since Power Charge generation can be done with Tulborn until you reach Merc lab. The defense from the other two is better to grab first IMHO.

When to switch to low life?
Spoiler

At level 55 when cruel lab is unlocked or shortly after is when I normally switch to low life and I'm doing the same with this build.

These items make great starter LL pieces:

The longer you can wait to go LL the easier it usually is since you'll have more points to put into ES. If you don't have much experience with LL builds I would definitely wait until you get Shav's instead of jumping in with a Solaris that doesn't have any ES on it. With experience it can be done though. I've leveled into the low 80's while LL with a Solaris Lorica several times before I had farmed enough cards or currency to get a Shav's. Once you make the LL switch you may want to consider dropping one of the weapons in favor of an ES / spell damage shield until you get the rest of your gear straightened out. Especially if switching early with a Solaris Lorica, you may be hurting with low ES.

That said, freezing pulse is probably one of the safest early level LL builds I have played. Having minimum ES isn't an issue when everything around you is frozen so it can't attack you.

"
stoudtlr wrote:
I'm playing a very similar build that tackle70 created and thought I would share the leveling advice I posted there since there are questions here. You'll need to adjust the trees a little bit since i was following tackle70's build and the pathing is slightly different, but it shows the basic progression.

My leveling advice...
Spoiler

Pick up a Karui Ward Amulet as soon as your first Alch drops.

Gives needed strength and dex for leveling your gems along with move speed and projectile damage.

Grab the First Snow jewels as soon as you reach a gem slot for each and get two Tulborn wands at level 24. They are only an Alch and are awesome leveling wands.

Get a Goldrim when your first Chaos drops

For the skill tree I went a bit different than the general leveling guidelines of saving crit and charges for near the end. With this build high crit is also a defense since mobs that are frozen can't hurt you.

38 points
poeurl.com/b0E7

65 points
poeurl.com/b0E9

If it's really needed you can grab more life nodes as well since we get 20 free refund points from quests.

Ascendancy order for me is Wicked Ward > Vile Bastion > Forbidden Power

Saving Forbidden Power for last since Power Charge generation can be done with Tulborn until you reach Merc lab. The defense from the other two is better to grab first IMHO.

When to switch to low life?
Spoiler

At level 55 when cruel lab is unlocked or shortly after is when I normally switch to low life and I'm doing the same with this build.

These items make great starter LL pieces:

The longer you can wait to go LL the easier it usually is since you'll have more points to put into ES. If you don't have much experience with LL builds I would definitely wait until you get Shav's instead of jumping in with a Solaris that doesn't have any ES on it. With experience it can be done though. I've leveled into the low 80's while LL with a Solaris Lorica several times before I had farmed enough cards or currency to get a Shav's. Once you make the LL switch you may want to consider dropping one of the weapons in favor of an ES / spell damage shield until you get the rest of your gear straightened out. Especially if switching early with a Solaris Lorica, you may be hurting with low ES.

That said, freezing pulse is probably one of the safest early level LL builds I have played. Having minimum ES isn't an issue when everything around you is frozen so it can't attack you.

This is a good advice, I'll add it to the build.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
How do you apply Poacher's Mark with CoH, when you are running Blasphemy+Frostbite?

Or am i missing something that grants an additional curse somewhere?
Really enjoyed this build, FP is my second most favorite skill and the ES recharge setup seemed pretty interesting, kinda surprised how well it works. Only the issues with FP getting stuck were kinda annoying, but that's not this builds fault.

I've done a few small changes tho, mainly picking Harrier and the jewel socket behind, putting Arcane Surge on Frost Bomb and adding Vaal Haste to the setup. Bisco's Leash also feels good for mapping and helps with getting enough strength for a high lvl Blood Magic. What do you think of that?

Unfortunately poofed my Shavs earlier, so I guess i'm done with this build now, Flashback starts soon anyway. But I can recommend this build, really deserves more attention than it seems to get currently.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

I've done a few small changes tho, mainly picking Harrier and the jewel socket behind, putting Arcane Surge on Frost Bomb and adding Vaal Haste to the setup. Bisco's Leash also feels good for mapping and helps with getting enough strength for a high lvl Blood Magic. What do you think of that?

I think it's a good idea and worth considering.

"
Unfortunately poofed my Shavs earlier, so I guess i'm done with this build now, Flashback starts soon anyway. But I can recommend this build, really deserves more attention than it seems to get currently.

Thank you for the kind words :3
"
JessicaSc2 wrote:

Could you please provide some more information? Like PoB link or if u dont want to do that just let us know tooltip dps or something?

Thanks!
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
JessicaSc2 wrote:

Could you please provide some more information? Like PoB link or if u dont want to do that just let us know tooltip dps or something?

Thanks!

when I played this character I had around 600-800k dps
Is this build viable for 3.4? Looks fun
Well, I was wondering if someone got an idea to adapt or modify this one for the 3.4. ^^
Also, I didn't try it without good unique, so I don't know if the lvling isn't too hard/slow. What do you think about it ?
So for some reason the skill tree you've posted is broken? random nodes are taken but there are still 83 skill points to spend?... Could you help me out as I'm loving the look of your build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info