How far can I take this

So my Deaths Oath Flicker thingy is over lvl 80 now and since I ran out of jewellers and fusings I wont be able to add the last link to the chest or link my flicker further until I farmed more.

Aside from that there isnt much I can do (besides quality gems and better jewels) to increase the damage by a lot before uber lab and this thing, while fast in low tier, is getting a lot slower in mid tier maps and also isnt nearly as tanky as it needs to be. With an energy from within jewel and a better belt I might be able to get to 5.2K ES but after that?

Maybe my pathing is off or something, maybe the concept was too ambitious since I sacrificed the weapon and shield slots for oros to be a lot faster, what do you think? What can I change to take this to at least late mid tier and through uber lab?
Last edited by Pyrollusion on Jun 22, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 8:48:47 PM
It seems weird build to me but I haven´t played flicker so hard to judge but 5200 ES for rather melee character?

You have chosen items with no or very limited amount of ES and it won´t work in endgame.

It would be easier to build around life or what are you aiming for?
"
Rakiii wrote:
It seems weird build to me but I haven´t played flicker so hard to judge but 5200 ES for rather melee character?

You have chosen items with no or very limited amount of ES and it won´t work in endgame.

Death Aura deals 450 Chaos damage per second to me, thats why I went for CI. Occultist offers a good amount of flat ES, thats why I was hoping to get a sufficient amount in the end. Combined with my curse setup (After Uber Lab I can add enfeeble) I guess thats still really optimistic but I simply didnt know If Id be able to deal with the degen otherwise. Never tried to be honest.

What would you suggest?
I'm a hipster so I would support you in your goal of continuing this build. Unfortunately it will probably feel pretty slow as GGG nerfed Poison quite hard.

Don't forget other than Crystal Belt to boost your ES in belt slot you can boost ES with +x flat Intelligence (for example +50 intelligence is 10% increased maximum ES) and a higher x% increased energy shield roll on your amulet. I would personally also drop Eber's hat in favour of an ES hat.

You can also buy a Jeweller's Touch to quickly 5L your Oro's for +1 damage support gem. Obviously jeweller's spam or Vorici can give you 6S in Death's Oath for similar +1 damage support on the chaos degen aura.

This one is more personal preference I think but honestly Curse cast times are so fast nowadays you really don't need to Blasphemy all enemies... this could allow you to spec out of Aura nodes, another personal preference of mine (that they aren't that useful unless you're making an aurabot like a Guardian), and get the Fatal Toxins cluster which has at least 90% increased damage with poisons/10% increased poison duration (which is similar to more-DPS as Poison stacks infinitely) and unless I'm mistaken you're only at 80% poison chance? and that cluster would bring you up to 100% poison chance.

This may be another personal preference thing but I'm surprised you haven't taken Void Beacon yet as -20% chaos resist is pretty big and won't be reduced by Less Curse Effectiveness on bosses the way Despair's resist lowering does. Maybe that will be your 4th ascendancy pick.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 22, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
I'm sorry... I'm looking at your gear and feel like there is a ton of room for improvement? Or am I missing something?

You can get a crystal belt, moonstone rings, and a better amulet with more than 5% inc ES. Maybe even a presence of chayula.

You may not be able to push some crazy 10k es boundary with this, but I'm sure you could at least get to 7-8k... still squishy but not 5.2k squishy.

Also you are only level 82 and have a lot of ES nodes still left to take.

I'm not sure how great this build will be, but I can tell you that you still have a lot of room for growth. Up to you if you want to give up on it or not.
Last edited by Prizy on Jun 22, 2018, 12:48:08 PM
0) Before anything else, do Uber lab. Malediction saves you a lot of points on the passive tree, allowing you to do the Shenanigans I'll tell you below

1) I'd say Chaos Impresence for the free blasphemy curse would be your best damage upgrade.

2) Seeing how you use Flicker Strike as your main skill, you'll want to trash Temp Chains for Poacher's Mark. ;-) I've played 2 Flicker Striker characters already, and generating Frenzy charges is crucial to your success.

3) You want a panick life flask for when things go wrong. It should remove bleeding and have the instant mod, like the one below:

4) Since you now use Poacher's Mark, you'll not need a mana flask to sustain your mana pool anymore. That's where the life flask goes. :-P

5) You don't have any leech currently. Spec out of a +1 curse node and get Ghost Reaver and Blood Drinker (requires 4 points). The health is useless, the Attack damage leech will sustain you well though.

6) Get a better belt. You can get really cheap ones or go for

7) Actually, go for the unique belt above. No mana problems ever again. ;-)

8) 6-socket Death's Oath is mandatory!

I like your build idea. I am curious if you're gonna make it work!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jun 22, 2018, 1:42:50 PM
Your Flicker Strike is doing close to no damage. All it's doing is putting you in a bad position making you more vulnerable. Get rid of Flicker Strike and use Blight. I know Flicker Strike is more fun but it takes a dedicated build to get it to work. By the way, did you know poison only works when it's coming from physical or chaos damage? Your sword is doing all fire so the poison is working from the '7 to 13 physical damage to attacks' from your ring which is minuscule.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
"
0piate wrote:
Your Flicker Strike is doing close to no damage. All it's doing is putting you in a bad position making you more vulnerable. Get rid of Flicker Strike and use Blight. I know Flicker Strike is more fun but it takes a dedicated build to get it to work. By the way, did you know poison only works when it's coming from physical or chaos damage? Your sword is doing all fire so the poison is working from the '7 to 13 physical damage to attacks' from your ring which is minuscule.

Not true in this scenario because he's using Volkuur's Guidance Zealot Gloves with a fire roll.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

Death Aura deals 450 Chaos damage per second to me, thats why I went for CI. Occultist offers a good amount of flat ES, thats why I was hoping to get a sufficient amount in the end. Combined with my curse setup (After Uber Lab I can add enfeeble) I guess thats still really optimistic but I simply didnt know If Id be able to deal with the degen otherwise. Never tried to be honest.

What would you suggest?

You have really low flat ES right now so try to stack as much as possible in combination with increased ES and inteligence roll (try to hit both t1/2 inteligence/ES rolls on items)

Add good abyss jewels with 40-50 flat ES, Energy from within and/or rare jewels with %ES and chaos/poison/Dot stuff.

Rare stuff should be the same.

There are some decent ES unique items you could consider.

Heretic's Veil is still very good helm and would save you a few passive points (supports enhance/enlighten to boost curses)

The Vertex is another example (decent ES roll with good evasion and +1 skill).

Take what gives you the best result (easy check in PoB).

About flicker/death´s I can´t judge bcos I have never tried it but I would go for 100% chance to poison and probably Fatal toxins cluster and take Void Barrier nearby.

And ofc 5/6 link flicker and 6sox death´s oath is a must:)

Just some ideas I have in mind.

Keep us informed and hf:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 22, 2018, 5:08:29 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

3) You want a panick life flask for when things go wrong. It should remove bleeding and have the instant mod, like the one below:

A utility flask like Stibnite Flask would work a lot better for original poster seeing as he is CI.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info