[3.5] Leidenfrost Lead Lady. CI Brutus Lead Sprinkler. 10k ES, 4.7Mil Shaper DPS. 2.1k Strength

"
Aduan wrote:
The only thing that really annoys me so far is getting chilled

Funny enough I was going to ask about this very same thing. I've gotten the character up and running and for the most part and this is actually annoying me more than temp chains ever did. There are SO MANY MODS that impact this!

* Chilled Ground
* Enemies do % additional cold damage
* Enemies have a chance to apply elemental ailments
* Inhabited by Lunaris Fanatics

Not to mention all the base mobs that chill. So I did some digging, to try and find a solution (other than dropping a unique flask, but as Waffle pointed out that might be the best play).

My first thought was "there's a bunch of new corruptions, surely one must be an option!". Nope. Nothing for chill. There ARE jewel corruptions for corrupting blood, but not all bleeds are from that so it's still not safe to drop a bleed flask for that, IMO. So I've been toying around with a few ideas that I might be able to fit in, but none of them are particularly enticing.

* Dream Fragments ring (we'd get a bunch of max mana from this, which is nice, but I don't think it's worth the ~50 str we'd lose from a rare ring, plus we'd have to build our resists around the 70 cold res from that ring.
* Vaal Impurity of Ice (not up enough, IMO)
* Alter the build to use Inquis sub-ascendancy instead of raider. At first glance we get +20 more str just from the swap in sub ascendancy, but I can't find a good way to make this work. Maybe waffle can.
* Skip scion altogether and go with one of the base ascendancies that have elemental immunities like Elementalist, Inquisitor, Raider, or Pathfinder (none of these are particularly appealing because we lose too much).

As I said above, I'm not a huge fan of any of these. At the same time, not a huge fan of the flask either... as there's times those aren't an option (unless you go pathfinder), like Shaper or Uber elder, which are both fights with significant cold damage.
Last edited by Xyrm on Jun 29, 2018, 10:00:28 PM
very nice and clean guide, however i got a question regarding the amulet slot.
If you decide to go with a rare amulet (1% damage per 15 strength) you will lose quite a bit of dex and therefore ~4% chance to hit (92 down to 88).
How would you compensate this? acc on both rings?
"
rvdeh wrote:
very nice and clean guide, however i got a question regarding the amulet slot.
If you decide to go with a rare amulet (1% damage per 15 strength) you will lose quite a bit of dex and therefore ~4% chance to hit (92 down to 88).
How would you compensate this? acc on both rings?

Cheers.

Really depends on what stats are on the amulet. You would want the amulet to be *good* and there is many ways it can be good. It can have accuracy rating, Int or Dex to lose less chance to hit. If it has resistances then that will make it easier to change rings and yeah you can get some on there.

You may also be ok just losing accuracy if the amulet is good enough
this build sounds cool. I happen to already have a lot of the gear doign a diff stat based build currently. The mainthing is the 6l chest, dont really have the currency for that - how doable is this build at 5L? Im already doing high tier red maps so I dont want to go backwards in progression if possible. Can shaper/guardians be done 5l? And the elem focus is the gem u drop in 5l correct?
@Waffle

Excuse my derailment of your thread, but continuing the talk of dealing with Chill and stuff, I kept digging, and I found an interesting synergy between your build design, the shaper gloves, and Juggernaut. The Undeniable node gives us a bunch of attack speed off accuracy, and scales accuracy rating off strength!

I did some very minor tree tweaks, and the DPS seems very close to yours. I started with your POB, and just changed the tree + ascendency. The DPS per magma ball lowered from 199k to 162k (I had to uncheck frenzy charges, but it went back up to 177k if i replaced the rumi's with a silver flask for onslaught), and the ES took a decent hit from ~10,050 to ~8,750. Both are obviously massive hits.

But, on the flip side, we gain a TON of phys damage reduction, 5% flat damage reduction, immunity to chill AND temp chains without needing to worry about flasks (along with having an easier time on a fight like uber elder), immune to stun without losing all evasion (over 20%, not insignificant). We lose the ability to generate frenzy charges on a boss which hurts most of our damage (otherwise, we'd be at 192k damage instead of 199k). But as you said yourself, at a certain point the issue is defense, not offense, the build has more than enough damage. On top of that, I'm 100% sure there's more optimizations to be done here... I'm sure you're much better at that then I am.

However, we lose so much with that approach, I'm not sure how worthwhile it is. HOWEVER, dropping Chieftain for Juggernaut seems to have virtually no effect on damage, with very minor tree changes:

www.poeurl.com/bZWE

Defensively, we lose ~1k ES and some life regen, but gain considerable phys DR, 24% evasion (via immune to stun through jugg and dropping unwavering stance), resists (via endurance charges), and of course the chill immunity that started me down this path.

Thoughts? Just spitballing here, I know your builds are very min/maxed to begin with, but I have this unreasonable tweak about not being immune to chill. I would LOVE to see a Jugg version that doesn't lose too much. I already have a fire pen/clarity gives ES watcher's eye, so I feel like I could compensate for the lost ES, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything big.
Last edited by Xyrm on Jun 30, 2018, 9:01:28 PM
"
rozakk wrote:
this build sounds cool. I happen to already have a lot of the gear doign a diff stat based build currently. The mainthing is the 6l chest, dont really have the currency for that - how doable is this build at 5L? Im already doing high tier red maps so I dont want to go backwards in progression if possible. Can shaper/guardians be done 5l? And the elem focus is the gem u drop in 5l correct?

Until you have lots of attack speed I would always drop multistrike. It is the lowest DPS gem. After getting all attack speed multi does give more coverage so you need to choose between damage on full life for better dps or multi for better coverage. At my level and gear I can take down T15 on a 5-link pretty comfortably but every build is a process of upgrades and getting practice at the play.

"
Xyrm wrote:
@Waffle

The Undeniable node gives us a bunch of attack speed off accuracy, and scales accuracy rating off strength!

Yeah I crafted a few jugg trees trying to make use of that extra synergy. Attack speed is better then most DPS boosts as it makes the character feel smoother as well as being good damage. Swapping into marauder loses way too much though. Undeniable is really the only ascendency point that does anything I'm that interested in. Chill immunity is not worth a whole ascendency point IMO

Adding strength directly into accuaracy made me think that perhaps Obscurantis could be used for even more synergy but black sun crest is just better giving as good damage and much needed ES.

"
Xyrm wrote:
Chieftain for Juggernaut seems to have virtually no effect on damage

For sub-ascendency in the Ascendent I suspect you are not unticking "enemy is covered in ash" during your comparisons. If you only include the 10% strength then it looks as though it only gives 5% more damage and 7% more ES but with covered in ash thats another 20% more damage + lowers their movement speed.

You did not cover the missing 2% regen in the tree. I do consider this a substantial defensive loss as you'll end up with 10% less ES in many situations while a boss is changing phases or between looting packs when you are degening with no ability to gain it back

I do not want to rely on endurance charges for resistances and think that smaller amounts of evasion or physical damage reduction is worse then the ES loss, Too many big bosses are spell obsessed. The question really is how much damage and ES are you willing to give up for chill immunity. The answer to me is 7% damage as thats the amount I lose swapping out atziri's promise for an Increased duration utility flask with about 20 total seconds chill immunity on command.

Any of these options lose you quite a bit more then 7% damage

Hello Waffle one question

It is not worth to take 3 points to start of the Templar tree to get 5% pen?
"
TwardykorPL wrote:
Hello Waffle one question

It is not worth to take 3 points to start of the Templar tree to get 5% pen?

if you want more penetration the Forces of Nature cluster in the Ranger area would be better - its also 3 points and gives you 6% pen and 40% elemental damage
So, you wanna know how to turn this build into a totally unkillable god?

Get a Watchers Eye Jewel with "+X Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline" and replace the "Ancestral Protector+Combustion+Faster Attacks" setup you have in the shield with "Ball Lightning(Lv1)+Cast When Damage Taken(Lv1)+Slower Projectiles".

You lose some DPS, yes, but with this stacked on top of the existing leech in the build and it's stupidly large ES pool you pretty much become untouchable.

Every time something hits you it will shoot out a Ball Lightning, which on top of the already crazy number of hits per second from Molten Strike AND the start of a turbo shield regen thanks to Immortal Call temporarily blocking the DoT from Blood Rage and triggering the Arachnoxia upgraded Arakaali Pantheon power, means that you are gaining what amounts to your entire ES health-pool back every millisecond.

I know that you do mention it in your jewels section, but I honestly think you are far undervaluing just how crazy it can be, even more so than the Anger Pen, or Clarity Mana/%ES ones that you recommend over it.

That's just my 2 cents tho, and with the Discipline Watchers Eye Jewels going for only about 50c (which at end game tends to be fairly cheap) it's DEFINITELY worth a try. It's allowed me to jump straight into Red Maps from @ level 70 and I have yet to have a single death.
Last edited by Timboman on Jul 4, 2018, 10:28:33 PM
"
Timboman wrote:
So, you wanna know how to turn this build into a totally unkillable god?

Get a Watchers Eye Jewel with "+X Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline" and replace the "Ancestral Protector+Combustion+Faster Attacks" setup you have in the shield with "Ball Lightning(Lv1)+Cast When Damage Taken(Lv1)+Slower Projectiles".

You lose some DPS, yes, but with this stacked on top of the existing leech in the build and it's stupidly large ES pool you pretty much become untouchable.

Do you really need the LB setup to survive though? I got myself Pene/ES on hit wathcer's eye for super cheap, but I wouldn't drop the DPS from totem for the LB setup as I already feel pretty much unkillable as long as I have something to hit.

Great guide btw WaffleT, really enjoy playing it. Any suggestions what I should upgrade next on my gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info