Trading for maps sucks

There would be an option to make the mapping progress easier: Horizon Orbs.

Making Horizon Orbs core, drop rate like blessed orbs or in a colorized way (white, yellow, red) so it would be harder to get one for the T16 maps.

For SSF or casual gaming it's a huge pain to complete the atlas without trading and in most times, trading maps sucks.
I don't trade much this league, but I buy red maps from time to time, and I have zero problems with it. How I do it:
1. Use official site trade, don't use poe.trade
2. Only pm players who added an item an hour ago or less.
3. Don't pm cheapest offers unless you are using live search.
Pretty simple and works fine for me. Generally takes a couple of minutes to buy a map.
*Might be different for low tier maps.
I doubt GGG will touch any of the current game deficiencies like gated rng maps. What we can expect from them is continued release of poorly designed mtx trash.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
trixxar wrote:
Welcome to general, you point out obvious flaws in the game and Shagsbeard, Kuciol, Bone2flesh will troll you and you'll get some decent intelligent rebuttals from Phrazz.

Yes, trade is horrid.

Maps and trade are the worst combo in the game. Sitting spamming one afk person after another is one of the least immersive and horrible experiences you'll have in any game.

It feels like... sitting in the DMV.

Devs have come out against fixing it, and diehard fans troll anyone who complains about it.

But you arent wrong.

You call it a flaw, I call it a feature. Git gud.
"
Spamming 100 afkers for the tier 4 map that wont drop for me is the furthest thing from fun. Every league once I reach yellow maps, getting upgraded tier maps and unlocking new maps is nearly impossible without spending hours on poe.trade. I don't expect easy progression in this game (I know it isn't d3 and thank fuck), but I'd love to see a faster and easier way to spend my currency on maps.

You have to just ignore that particular T4 and focus on highest maps you can run. If you can run T10, but for some reason (additional sextant using IMO) you want to have one particular T4, just... relax and leave it be for a moment. You will find/purchase it eventually, but in the meantime just buy bulk (20 - 30) of your favourite map with highest tier you are able to run and... run them, chieseled and vaaled. Then you will not have problems with maps anymore, really. Unles they are strictly T16, but that is another story :)
Last edited by postrach_myszy on Jun 21, 2018, 10:51:06 AM
"
oztaahh wrote:
I don't trade much this league, but I buy red maps from time to time, and I have zero problems with it. How I do it:
1. Use official site trade, don't use poe.trade
2. Only pm players who added an item an hour ago or less.
3. Don't pm cheapest offers unless you are using live search.
Pretty simple and works fine for me. Generally takes a couple of minutes to buy a map.
*Might be different for low tier maps.

That usually works. But it doesn't really change the fact that acquiring maps is too dependent on trading, at least for my tastes. It feels like an artificial barrier to progression that was instituted to slow down people leveling to the cap. They've added a lot of maps and systems to the atlas since then that make it all very tedious. And leveling to 100 isn't really gated anymore, as shown by the speed levelers in SSF.
"
trixxar wrote:
Welcome to general, you point out obvious flaws in the game and Shagsbeard, Kuciol, Bone2flesh will troll you and you'll get some decent intelligent rebuttals from Phrazz.

You also have these strange people, that can't handle different views and opinions, and have to single out people and names in a "brave" attempt to make an argument.

On topic: I'm against the whole idea of actual playable content being gated behind RNG. Special encounters like Shaper, Elder and so on? Sure. Regular maps? No.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

You also have these strange people, that can't handle different views and opinions, and have to single out people and names in a "brave" attempt to make an argument.

On topic: I'm against the whole idea of actual playable content being gated behind RNG. Special encounters like Shaper, Elder and so on? Sure. Regular maps? No.

Offering counterpoints to ideas and discussing them is handling different views. Its how you resolve different ideas.

Not handling ideas is using names (that idea is dumb), using dead end arguments (well thats the way it is so stop asking), using obvious fallacies (the devs said it, so it must be right), using different types of fallacies (Ive been playing for X and you've been playing for Y, so I must be right), and not actually arguing the actual points.

Staying on a topic is surprisingly hard for people to do. I wonder if you could correlate accuracy of position with not staying on topic and using trolling techniques... but probably not.

Anyway, nothing about arguing on the internet is brave. Is it persistent? Perhaps, but its a persistent problem. If I want to map tonight, Im going to be sitting there facing the worst trading system Ive ever seen... so? Why stop talking about it if its still going on?
POE trade as horribly asd it is can work. Stop trying to trade the newest most recent additions on there and pm someone who has had their map up for a while. As horrid as poe trade is I cant stop using it as its too convenient. Feel free to throw me a pm in game if u need maps
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You really expect someone to quit playing to trade for one map? Buy 20. Send a msg saying you'll buy 20 so long as one of them is one that you want.

There should be a channel like 820 for people to go swapping maps around. There's enough demand for one.

What should I do with 20 t4 maps?? lol.
I just want to get 1 done so i get the extra map bonus %.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info