Challenge for double corrupting gems is incredibly difficult

"
Revnaut wrote:
I thought this was pretty interesting so I set up a simulation to see how difficult it is to get a specific T3 room. I don't know all of the mechanics behind Incursions so these are just rough estimates.

Assumptions:
- Temples will start with five T1 rooms
- Rooms are picked at random. There are no weights.
- Room types are picked at random. Again no weights.
- No two rooms can have the same room type.

The process I used is to pick a random room. If it's blank and contains the Gemcutter's Workshop, pick that, otherwise pick any. If it's a Gemcutter's or Department of Thaumaturgy, upgrade it, otherwise pick the other room type. Basically, keep switching rooms until you get a Gemcutter's Workshop.

I am not including Temple Nexus as I have no clue if it will statistically help or not.

Conclusion:
After simulating several million temples, you have about an 11.5% chance to get Doryani's Institute. You have to run about 8.7 temples to get it.

If you are going completely hardcore temple rushing and can manage 8 temples per hour (which I think is insane) then it'll take 31 hours to finish.

I map pretty casually with a lot of breaks, so it might take me an average of around an hour to run maps and incursions and complete a temple. If all I do is maps and temples 4 hours a day, it'll take me 84 days to finish this challenge. Yikes

Bear in mind that the process I'm using is optimized only for Doryani's Institute. The chance of you getting any other T3 room will drop severely since you are always switching out rooms if you don't have Gemcutter's Workshop on your temple already. If you are trying for other T3 rooms, then you will have an even worse time trying to finish this challenge.

Other fun facts, you have 37.7% chance to get stuck on Gemcutter's Workshop, 23.6% chance to end up on Department of Thaumaturgy, and 27.1% chance to not even get the gem room type at all.

Cool stats man.

I am averaging 7 to 8 temples an hour in Blood Aqueduct. With Brightbeak and Prismatic, I leap slam as fast as possible FROM THE WAYPOINT as there are 6 Alva spawns before the crossover in the middle and 1 Alva spawn near the Entrance to town.

With my strategy, I always upgrade rooms IF I have more than 5 incursions remaining because the future incursions CANNOT pick a level 3 room, which increase chances of getting Gemcutters and/or Department of Thaumaturgy. Also, if I already have Gemcutter or Department, I will usually just open incursion and immediately portal out. I also usually level up Empowerment rooms in case it is connected to Gemcutters and I only end up with a level 2 Gemcutter and a Temple Nexus.
-
Last edited by Eepis on Aug 16, 2018, 2:36:50 AM
Just in case anybody haven't found it by now, A9 Quarry is an even faster way to find Alva. With a fast build you can do ~30 sec incursions, or 1-2 min even with a slow one.
This challnge should have been trade-able. I've not seen many players with 40 challenges that didn't complain about this.

If I can buy my way through 20 uber elder kills and a ton of Abysses/Omnitects in 2-3 days, I don't see a reason why this challenge should be different.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"
Frostride wrote:
This challnge should have been trade-able. I've not seen many players with 40 challenges that didn't complain about this.

If I can buy my way through 20 uber elder kills and a ton of Abysses/Omnitects in 2-3 days, I don't see a reason why this challenge should be different.

Hmm... two wrongs don't make a right. I'd rather see a challenge to kill 20 Uber Elders while you are the only person in the area.
Temples were nerfed by adding new crap-rooms but challenge was not balanced making it unfair to those playing steadily through the league rather than nolifing in first 4 weeks and burning out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info