Game gets so dull after lvl 85

So this is something weighing on my mind for a bit now.

I love playing this game, solor or with friends.
Been actively playing since abyss league.

Each league its the same thing though
Its FUN to play the game until reaching around lvel 85.
Then experience gains are so damn low you are stuck doing low tier maps or risk high tier and die and lose like 10% experience each death.

In my opinion the combination of slow experience gain and experience penalty that harsh upon dying is UNFUN.

I dont expect to reach level 100 in a week of playing..
But it WOULD be nice to see some sort of a reward for the time I invest in this damn game.

Right now i play 2-3 hours or so.. get very little experience and if I die I lose it all again.
And I might get 1 or 2 chaos orbs dropping, despite having added Quality and Quantity bonus.

I've reached a point where I'm like.. Wtf is the point of playing this game?
I dont wanna move on but the struggle is real.

TLDR: game is fun until lvl 85, then its a fucking grind to hell.
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 8:25:47 AM
I find rerolling with no twink items to be a nice change of pace if the end game grind gets to grindy.

Or I quit the league.
You're not playing. You're substitution this game for "work" in your life. You get paid to work. You get rewarded for the time you spend. This is a game. It doesn't owe you a reward.
I used to think this too... Normally I would reroll at about level 85, but I've done so many builds but never reached end game content like Shaper.

I think the key is just finding a build you LOVE to farm with and just enjoying the farming... If you focus on the exp bar it will destroy you.

Right now I've just tried buying some MF gear on my Ice Shot Deadeye to see what loot I can get while just having fun mapping. Been really enjoying it.

I think I'm also at a stage where I just don't have the time to make another character from scratch... So really just enjoying my end game builds.
No you're right.
A game owes me FUN.
And it does provide me that, to a certain extend.

However I think you're also made me realize something.
If the game has stopped providing me with FUN, then its time to quit and move on to something else.

Plenty of good stuff out there that provides FUN.

I will probably return for next league, providing its interesting.
Absolutely. Hope you find fun. Come back and try PoE again in a year or so.
"
brunowa wrote:
I used to think this too... Normally I would reroll at about level 85, but I've done so many builds but never reached end game content like Shaper.

I think the key is just finding a build you LOVE to farm with and just enjoying the farming... If you focus on the exp bar it will destroy you.

Right now I've just tried buying some MF gear on my Ice Shot Deadeye to see what loot I can get while just having fun mapping. Been really enjoying it.

I think I'm also at a stage where I just don't have the time to make another character from scratch... So really just enjoying my end game builds.

So you play standard or do you also do new leagues?
Your game is not fun just because you'r sux in this game.
Why did you get all this life nodes in your skill's tree AND your gear has literally ZERO flat life on it? No wounder you are scared to go on high-tier maps..
You want to go MF? Okay, but with such setup do not expect anything from it. You NEED to have claarspeed build if you want to FEEL your MF gear. Seriously, your 36% incr. quantity is like.. nothing if you are 70% slower in such gear (relative to the normal setup), you are fooling yourself with dreams about loot piles & easy life.

Throw away your MF gear,
Get as much life on your gear as possible,
Get 30% mov. speed boots,
Drop totem & mom nodes, get spell crits & multi,
Find a good spell power\crit\multi gear,
Get diamond flask,
As elementalist, use double heralds:
+ Lightning with curse on hit + assassins mark
+ Ice
Buy Vinktar flask if you can afford it.

And using a simple arc on self-cast you will FEEL how much better your game can be.
Zap thru the maps, ignore low-cost loot, be rich if you want.
Just because of the speed. Speed > Quantity.

Thats a basic tips i can say to you after looking on your current character.
Wow I think thats the first time I see someone with 0 life on their gear(who is definitely not ES).
"
bSun0000 wrote:
AND your gear has literally ZERO flat life on it? No wounder you are scared to go on high-tier maps..

I assumed you were exaggerating. But no, the OP really has ZERO flat life on their gear. I've never seen that before. Holy crap. That is like the absolute worst geared out character that I have ever seen.

3117 Life at level 85. That is actually worse that the person who started a thread a few days ago wondering why they keep dying at level 85. At least this one capped their res.

No armor build.
No evasion build.
No life build.

And having no fun trying to go above level 85. Surprised I am not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info