Did drops get like a buff? or am I just retardedly lucky? (SSF)

Except for a decently rolled ventor's gamble i have no Quantity or MF and clearspeed isn`t that great. Probbaly did around 200 maps

And except for Kaom, nothing dropped from incursions.

Last edited by LaurelWreaths on Jun 14, 2018, 9:52:14 AM
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 1:24:21 AM
The temple has added quite a bit to people drops. It's lucrative, and "free". I expect to see it adopted to core as a Zana mod... not as an every-day thing. That will increase its costs to be more in line with its rewards.

But you've had some really good luck too. Mine's been in currencies. Got a ARF on the first run through Mud Flats.
THAT - is GREAT RNG mixed with some incremental loot chance from the league mechanic, as Shags already indicated.

But, yeah, RNG be RNGing. Some nice gears there. With Arc and BV being popular this league, that Impulsa could net you some serious coin - and that Kaom's is always worth a pretty penny.
amazing RNG tbh though most of those aren't that uncommon, the inpulsa/kaoms/shavs is 3 more real items than most will be getting in a league :P

I mean i'm like 50 volcanos down and haven't even seen a card yet, which feels pretty bad may as well just go farm currency it'd be vastly faster.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jun 14, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
I specifically mentioned these are not from Incursions save for the Kaom, also got Mortal Hope on my first and only Atzir run.

I`m asking because i only saw a kaom and shav drop once in my life, and now i got them both in 2 days.

Thought maybe they buffed stuff.

I`m 100% sure they made fated item prophecy more common tho.
Might have... we'll never know. They claim they adjust drop rates on the fly and will never reveal that they do. Or so was the policy five or six years ago. Players will chalk it up to luck though. In a game like this with a few very rare chase items, you get more than your share and you start getting suspicious. Normal.
Aaaand at a t1 altar of sacrifice, re-rolled a unique shit threshold jewel and got this instead

I mean just got a Shav 2 hours ago and now a void battery

Guess I`ll make a spell caster
Some people have speculated for a while that you get a seed for drops on character creation, It sounds like hocus pocus to me but I also see cases of RNG that make this seem likely every league, the more hours you put in the closer you should trend to whatever the average rate is but I can say that in my experience in PoE this isn't the case, lucky people remain lucky and unlucky people remain unlucky :p

I'm probably punished for my really bad hours/support pack ratio, thanks tencent -_- (joking guys calm down)
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Some people have speculated for a while that you get a seed for drops on character creation, It sounds like hocus pocus to me

It is something that been done in so many games that it wouldnt be suprising. Still, it's a little more complex than that and a reason why this RNG is good/bad.

1. Real Random does not exist. You could take my word for it or google it. Random does not exist.
Even if I tell you to come up with a random number it will be the result of the time, day, weather, past experience and so on. Just like in PoE, I might not know what factors made you give that number but I will know an equation of experience(you)/expressions(code) will have came to a resulting factor.

2. The easiest way to start with a random is "clock based". This mean that you get an equation from the time and it is assigned to the equation that give result. Thus, achieving a perceived random. This kind of direct and simplistic way was almost totally gone by the 1995-1998 as people were already adapting and farming time based to get favorable result. This resulted in the equations getting more complicated and getting more complex. The account number was generate as well. People figured it out and in some case there were games where some names were favorable and people would create them and look for compiled "proper result". As things evolved many games implemented more randomized factors based on clock and many variables. The end result ? Hard to predict and can fit the term "Randomized". But it still is hardly random. Some people based on many factor including farming X Map, with Y monster spawn at Z time will get very luck, very unlucky or average results.

Conclusion: Random is never truly random. But in today world it's very hard to see a way to profit from it. You either get a lottery ticket, a rotten cake, an average result or bump between the two with hardly any chance to directly influence it. In the end, even if it is not random, it does feel random and it should at least be like that. Some will always be more lucky than other in 1 place or another. It's simply how life work. 1 person go into an alley and meet a soulmate while the other take the same alley and meet a rapist... The time and place of both scenario come based on factors that influenced their lives and is not "true random". It's sad but it's "random" <--- Unknown factors is what random is.

A famous quote came to life by a well known dead individual to explain how random is simply factors that are not understood:
Einstein: "God doesn't play dice with the universe"

Certainly my luckiest league:

Found a Doctor card in my 3rd temple.

6 linked a Belly in 10 fuse. Only 2nd time ever I 6 link something.

And today found a Windripper. Never seen one before. And in same map, found a Drillneck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info