[3.4] Vaal Double Strike Champion

"
Imgisy wrote:
How much did the stat stick cost and how can I improve my gear ? Also is it normal to killed quickly by bosses on T11-15 maps( on average map mods) If don’t manage to kill them first? As through my gear I only manage to get 25% phys reduction (not including lions roar and fortify), 25% dodgy chance and 25% chance to block and 5.3k life. Are these defensive stats alright for T11-15 map farming as i’ve only done like 8 T11+ maps and in some of them I got killed by bosses really quickly due to my kind of low dps.

Spoiler
Spoiler

A decent dual extra phys to elemental offhands have an avg price of 2-3ex, but I could be wrong as I have been playing a different build of late. You can check for yourself on poetrade.

Usually it won't be normal to die in T11-T15 maps quickly to bosses but keep in mind double strike doesn't have much range and this is not a face tank build. So depending upon your defenses and DPS you might have to dodge some hits. Besides with most bosses upto T15 you can just let the vaal clones finish them off.

I did guardians at less than 5k hp life, so my suggestion for you is first level up your gems, then lvl up more so you can use your jewel slots(even 4 jewel's make a huge difference in DPS). Once you done these then go for the 6th link & weapon's upgrade.

"
Migjack wrote:
Hey guys, i try this build recently and is really good, but, i try some T13 Map like Park Map for capture Soul of Asha for upgrade Solaris and vs a Boss i die 4-5 time before kill, the clearing was still good but i take a lot damage from trash mob, so yeah vs Boss is really hard to stay alive because i think my dps wasn't good :/ any advice for my gear? (I use HOI for clearing and when i going to face Boss i disable HOI for HOA)thanks in advance !
Spoiler
Spoiler

Same advice as above, level up gems, use all 4 & get better damage jewels. Then go for the 6th link and weapon's upgrade if you have the currency for it. Also use a Lion's Roar in-case you are not, it gives significant boost to your damage.
Last edited by vvamic on Jun 25, 2018, 12:30:55 PM
Thanks for reply,

What do you mean by weapon upgrade ? what stats i need exactly ?
Oh and my ring is okay or i need to change them too ?
Last edited by Migjack on Jun 25, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
"
Migjack wrote:
Thanks for reply,

What do you mean by weapon upgrade ? what stats i need exactly ?
Oh and my ring is okay or i need to change them too ?

I have mentioned this in gear section already, but i am gonna copy that here

Main Hand needs to be a One handed Sword with high PDPS
Other Stat's to look for:
1. Attack Speed
2. Crit Chance
3. Crit Multi

The higher the pDPS, the higher the price, so look for one that suits ur budget and has the above stats to compensate or complement accordingly.

Offhand preferably a scepter(can use an Axe or Sword too) with gain phys as extra elemental damage. (This is a Shaper mod)
1. Gain #% of Phys Damage as exta fire damage
2. Gain #% of Phys Damage as exta light/cold or random element damage
3. Crit Multi

A dual extra phy-ele with higher #% will cost you more, crit multi/chance are added bonus's.
Last edited by vvamic on Jun 25, 2018, 12:49:51 PM
Oh yeah sorry, thanks man !
I am finding this quite risky on HC, worthwhile to swap to a jug version or still persist to end game?
"
poeGT wrote:
I am finding this quite risky on HC, worthwhile to swap to a jug version or still persist to end game?

This build is SSF friendly but I wouldn't use it in HC unless I have some really good gear lined up.
I'm lvl 84 and mobs one shot in T13+ maps.
What is wrong with my items ?
For the tree I would take only nodes of life until lvl 90. 4k9 life currently.

Have 63k damage tooltip with HoA + Hatred
Last edited by Ifit on Jun 26, 2018, 12:30:23 PM
"
Ifit wrote:
I'm lvl 84 and mobs one shot in T13+ maps.
What is wrong with my items ?
For the tree I would take only nodes of life until lvl 90. 4k9 life currently.

Have 63k damage tooltip with HoA + Hatred

The life rolls on your gear are so low - you prioritized higher damage rolls over survivability. Your jewels have 0 hp.

Your cast when damage taken is at a level that's requiring you to lose over half your life before it procs.

Using multistrike over increased melee damage for aoe? Multistrike is for single target only. You're mixing your gems.

I have close to 1000 hp on you, around the same level, and I don't have a belly of the beast.
I feel like Im overlooking something in this build. How are we supposed to get our HP back? When I do Guardians or Shaper I can survive a hit or two with 7k life and a ton of reduction. But getting my HP back after those hits is a pain in the ass, and often I die because I cant get back to full hp before getting hit again. The regen isnt superb and the leech is pretty meh. What am I doing wrong? The rest is going fine, just bosses that take longer are a pain in the ass.

On another note: running 3 auras is pretty much impossible so idk why that is in the guide. I bought a lvl 4 corrupted enlighten and even that wasnt enough to run 2 Heralds and Anger together without having constant mana issues and not being able to Double Strike

Last edited by TheOriginalCynn on Jun 26, 2018, 2:50:06 PM
Based off a close enough build, I spec'd into vitality void (the three leech nodes) and my lifeleech is pretty solid. Also have a flask with restore full when low that helps in a pinch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info