Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.4] Vaal Double Strike Champion

"
Gulfripper wrote:
I must say I really struggled with the Gladiator Reave build and decided to give this a try after seeing some VDS videos. This thing is a beast, melts boss's and although a little slower map clearer, its barely noticeable once you get the rhythm. I have like 350+ deaths with Reave and it seems to be constant complaint. I ran T15's last night like they were T2's

My goal this season has been to push elder so I am on a start, I just came from reave so I have some gems to move around along with and using tombfists does hurt me on resistances.
Spoiler

Should I ditch the tombs and go for a good rare with life/res/ats/melee or whatever plus the gems and then I can run kaoms as well for the elder fight. Plus that will clear another 1-2 ex for me.

This will allow me to ditch res on my jewels and since I only need like 100 int, I can get rid of my int heavy rings and get better rolls especially on the one with 40 life.

Also I snagged this armor for 6 ex, think I should have just gone with a 79/80 loreweave with good stats for 7-8ish? I just need life and getting up there with a good phys roll/crit/ele and life gets pricey as they may have 3 but not 4 or great dmg and 23 life.

Right now I am at 7 ex in reserves without touching other currencies or selling gear. I am thinking of maybe going for a better ring with no int, more life, more res and maybe a better off hand 35%+. After I fix my gems and flasks of course.

Where do you think 7-10 ex would be best spent right now. Again also should I ditch the tombs and also would a loreweave be a better option? Also the empty slot in the boots is artic armour, even with lvl 3 enlighten I am a bit gimped. Think I should go blood magic on the whirling blades then be set with the 3 auras?

I was really getting tired of dying, this build is the fucking resurrection of fun again for us normal guys with less than 100ex.

I also went fortify instead of adrenaline so I am going to ditch the em on whirling. Any good replacements? Defiantly going to purchase a sin's rebirth and keep Atziri for the leech. I cant imagine another 100% increase in damage on the clones, those mfer's are already mad men.

What about a watchers eye with the stat crit chance with hatred? Is it worth 6-7+ ex over other upgrades?

Tombfist is great with any attack based skill build. It gives life/AS Maim/intimidate and not to forget you can get any other stats you require via the abyss jewels. So if your resis are capped without having to put some on gloves go with it otherwise get a rare spiked base with required stats.

I did red elder on much crappy gear, so elder is definitely not a problem.
A Crit chance armour is great for damage but I believe a good Loreweave provides better defense/damage on avg. I would stick with your armour tho, it's quite decent imo.

Definitely upgrade the rings, get more life while keeping other required stats.
Movement skill should be linked to blood magic, not only helps in no regen maps but also since we gain most of our mana via leech not regen.

Hatred Watcher's Eye does give good boost to damage but is it worth over upgrading other gear, i would say no.

Here is my final opinion:
Upgrade your rings to get more hp, even your jewels need some changes as most have little-No life on them.
If after these changes you still have currency left then you can go for the watcher's eye to get the damage boost.

GL

Last edited by vvamic on Aug 2, 2018, 4:24:11 AM
edit: I figured it out, am now a champ. Can someone check my gear?
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Last edited by darciaz on Aug 14, 2018, 8:05:42 PM
Hey. How important is the bleed aspect of this build? From my amateur point of view it seems to not be that important, I was thinking about changing around the skill tree a bit for more survivability.
"
Androme wrote:
Hey. How important is the bleed aspect of this build? From my amateur point of view it seems to not be that important, I was thinking about changing around the skill tree a bit for more survivability.

Bleed is nice to have as we deal extra damage to bleeding enemies, but no need to heavily invest in it as we can easily get it via the 25% on the sword nodes and using gem/gear.

The guide is just a outline on how it should be build, you can make changes to tree/gear according to your preference.
Any video pls
"
jamaicaoboss wrote:
Any video pls

Plenty of them on Youtube, just search for "vaal double strike champ". I played this as my starter in Incursion, so don't have the build setup anymore.
Last edited by vvamic on Sep 3, 2018, 7:57:10 AM
Hey - What are your thoughts on the new Herald of Purity for this build?
Edzilla already asked this on page 10 of this thread, but I think he didn't get an answer, so I'd like to ask it again.

I'm on a budget, so I'm using Ahn's Might as main hand (326.3 pure pDPS).

When changing it for a 1 exalted Foil (taken from poe.trade; 301 pDPS, 360 DPS), according to PoB, it's only marginally better. I did the same math with other foils, but the results were more or less the same.

Indeed, the APS from foils is vastly superior, but the average damage from Ahn's Might is ahead (considering its cost-benefit and the 50% crit multiplier).

Am I missing something? Maybe it's because I'm ignoring the limited duration of the Vaal clones, I don't know. I'd love some insight on this.

Link: https://i.imgur.com/sm2IRZV.png

PS: Above, I was using Ancestral Call and Melee Splash. Changing them for Multistrike and Chance to Bleed, the DPS goes to:

With Ahn's Might: 246520.5 DPS
With 1ex foil: 259191.8 DPS
Last edited by Baallerith on Sep 17, 2018, 11:51:14 PM
"
Baallerith wrote:
Edzilla already asked this on page 10 of this thread, but I think he didn't get an answer, so I'd like to ask it again.

I'm on a budget, so I'm using Ahn's Might as main hand (326.3 pure pDPS).

When changing it for a 1 exalted Foil (taken from poe.trade; 301 pDPS, 360 DPS), according to PoB, it's only marginally better. I did the same math with other foils, but the results were more or less the same.

Indeed, the APS from foils is vastly superior, but the average damage from Ahn's Might is ahead (considering its cost-benefit and the 50% crit multiplier).

Am I missing something? Maybe it's because I'm ignoring the limited duration of the Vaal clones, I don't know. I'd love some insight on this.

Link: https://i.imgur.com/sm2IRZV.png

PS: Above, I was using Ancestral Call and Melee Splash. Changing them for Multistrike and Chance to Bleed, the DPS goes to:

With Ahn's Might: 246520.5 DPS
With 1ex foil: 259191.8 DPS

The reason I didn't answer it before is coz it's pretty self explanatory. You are free to use any unique as long as you don't have a rare that can surpass it.

Same in your case, you can use Ahn until you find a better rare replacement.

The foil you are comparing it with would offcourse give lower DPS coz it's the pDPS that matters and the foil's is lower than Ahn's.
Also you need to consider 2 things about Ahn's when comparing with others:

1. It's crit multi/accuracy only works when you make your frenzy charges=0, so you need to use 2 -frenzy(Pacifism) jewels. Which I would say is not the best use of jewel slots. Otherwise you are not using the full potential of the sword but just the base DPS. Even if you only want crit multi then you need to drop blood rage in which case you end up loosing life leech and attack speed.

2. It's weapon range is similar to a claw i.e 9 which might not seem like much but it really makes a huge difference in clear with a sword like rapier/foil base which has 12.

Bottom line is, this build doesn't drive any specific mechanic from any unique so the best possible DPS would be gained from using best possible rare weapons. But while you get there you can use any unique that gives you better DPS.
Last edited by vvamic on Sep 18, 2018, 3:07:51 AM
"
vvamic wrote:

The reason I didn't answer it before is coz it's pretty self explanatory. You are free to use any unique as long as you don't have a rare that can surpass it.

Same in your case, you can use Ahn until you find a better rare replacement.

The foil you are comparing it with would offcourse give lower DPS coz it's the pDPS that matters and the foil's is lower than Ahn's.
Also you need to consider 2 things about Ahn's when comparing with others:

1. It's crit multi/accuracy only works when you make your frenzy charges=0, so you need to use 2 -frenzy(Pacifism) jewels. Which I would say is not the best use of jewel slots. Otherwise you are not using the full potential of the sword but just the base DPS. Even if you only want crit multi then you need to drop blood rage in which case you end up loosing life leech and attack speed.

2. It's weapon range is similar to a claw i.e 9 which might not seem like much but it really makes a huge difference in clear with a sword like rapier/foil base which has 12.

Bottom line is, this build doesn't drive any specific mechanic from any unique so the best possible DPS would be gained from using best possible rare weapons. But while you get there you can use any unique that gives you better DPS.

Thank you, vvamic! I've been struggling with that question. I'm still quite a noob.

Thank you very much for the guide as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info