[3.4] Red Dragon Budget Reave/Flurry Champion -FACETANK ALL CONTENT - Shaper down with 150chaos

[3.4] Viable
Spoiler

For 3.4 - No tree change - No skills nerf
Add heral of purity that give us few more damage - we can run hatred/heral purity/herald ash/enlighten for more damage
So we can continue to facetank all things

Hi Im Dave,I wanna show you my budget champion build.

I tried to follow many "budget" builds but in the end you always need a 6links chest that costs at least 5ex, or waste a lot of fusing trying to link it (some times without success).
Why waste all those currencies when you can have a 6 link with 2chaos?
I ran this guy in flashback event and i did shaper with like 100 150chaos investment, so I decided to play it again in 3.3 and try to min-max this guy.
Kill Uber Atziri with few ex ( 5-6 ) investment. ( look improve and video sections )
Kill Uber Elder with some gear improvement ( look improve and video sections )
This is my second build so any advice is good.

Why champion
We can reach 100% chance to hit without wasting money into expensive gear maintaining critical strike.
Perma fortify and stun immunity.
The champion is the best combination of damage and tankyness.

Pro's
Very good league starter
Budget for real ( no 6link ) you can save your currency for improve this char or do a new one
Fast mapping
Good boss killer ( swap into blade flurry only on high boss )
No Vaal Pact
Tanky ( instant leech/armour/evasion )
Very good lab farmer
Can run Ele reflect without drop hatred
Easy mechanics, is a good build for new player ( i think )

Con's
Budget ( no Tier 1 end game dps )
Swap set up for Bosses can be boring
Cant run phys reflect
Cant run no leech mod

Some stats and numbers
Spoiler

ATM LVL 91
5300 hp with this shitty gear( we have 186% increased life from tree so you can reach easy 6000+ hp with better items )

About 1.2M dps on shaper ( it can always be greater with better items )
Full buffs with blind 70% evade chance, 39% without blind- 44% phys reduction

Gear
Spoiler

Mandatory uniques
Spoiler

Why these items?
With Bloodseeker we have instant leech, decent Pdps and some leech (2choas)
Death's hand give us power charges and 30% extra physical damage in extra choas on crit strike (good dps boost for 1 2chaos)
With bringer of rain we have easy 7 link for our main skill, dont forget blind
it gives us about 40% more evasion,good flat armour and evasion, 20 to 30 physical damage to attacks(it's a lot of flat phys damage!!!)(2chaos)
Belt of the deceiver give us intimidate = 10% more damage, some life and resistances for only 1 chaos

Other gear
Spoiler

As you can see they are all cheap items
Try to get phys damage, life, res and some int.
If you are really poor look for boots without movement speed they are so cheap

Flasks and jewels
Spoiler

Not expencive flasks, i got those jewels after i farmed some currency for like 20 30chaos each
You need anti bleeding-anti freez flasks, the anti curses isnt mandatory.
For jewels mods look for life-atttack speed-crit multi-area damage.

Ascendancy/Pantheon/Bandits
Spoiler

Unstoppable hero
Conqueror
Worthy Foe
Fortitude

I choosed fortitude instead of First Strike because when your fortify is down you lose the stun immunity.
I like to stay stationary and for me is boring to always cast fortify with whirling blade .
Cast adrenaline with RF or blood magic is boring and dangerous, so i choosed fortitude.
If you are a good player, not like me, you can grab First strike for more damage.

For minor God i choosed Tukohama
For major God you can use Solaris or Arakaali

I choosed to kill all for 2 extra points, but Alira are a good choice

Pastebin/Skill tree

Levelling
Spoiler

First goal on tree is the duelist mana/life leech , you will drop it when you reach the claws nodes.
It depends on your playstyle: aiming towards life or damage nodes.
I like to level up with frost blade ( sunder, cleave, ground slam are good skills too )and to swap into reave when you could use multistrike.
For weapon try to get rare or unique claw based on your level, claws are not required but the claw life gain on hit implicit is very cool when your leech is low on levelling.
Remember to level up your blade flurry, setting it up in second weapon slot.

Levelling Tree
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/ZUSvCTaR
( select it in left down window near search bar )

Example levelling

Act 1
Spoiler

Act 2
Spoiler

Elreon's rings or amulet are great when you add more support gems and aura.

Act 3
Spoiler

Nothing big changes just start to pay attention to your res, u can start to use
if your mana allows it.
brightbeak for more attack speed

Act 4
Spoiler

first good unique claw

And when you can get multistrike start to use reave.

LVL 40+
Spoiler

After act4 u can use Ornament of the East for a good unique or serch a rare like this

After Kitava always attention to your res.
At lvl 56 you can wear death's hand, search always for a rare gear with life-res-phys damage based on your level and rush to blood acqueduct till lvl 67 for your bringer of rain

Gems/Links
Spoiler

IMPORTANT put your reave in helmet ( AOE skill and low lvl bosses )

Always in helmet blade flurry set up for high bosses dps

You can swap only increased area into concentrated effect but blade flurry is the best for single target

I choosed to cast the golem and blood rage on CWDT ( Pay attention to the levels of the gems )
You can cast directly blood rage and lightning golem
You can use enfeeble instead of punishment for more tankyness

No links required

Enchants
Spoiler

Dont look my helmet enchants, im still trying to farm a good one
Blade flurry damage is a waste of currency
Search for:
Ancestral Protector Totem grants 12% increased Attack Speed while Active
Blood Rage grants additional 12% increased Attack Speed
150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Lightning Golems

For boots enchant search for:
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently
Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

Videos Sorry for pug quality

Improve section
IMPORTANThis section is not required, as you can see you can do shaper/red elder/guardians easy with my budget gear.
This section is only for deep end game.
Spoiler

First step
Spoiler

After some farm with my budget set up im starting to impove my gear.
Kill Uber Atziri with this set up

ATM lvl 94 6000 hp

Current gear

Got new jewel socket near blood drinker

1.8M dps on Shaper

Second step
Spoiler

ATM lvl 95 almost 6.300 hp - 6.600 with kaom's roots
Kill Uber Elder with this set up

Current gear

2.2M+ dps

For Uber elder get Kaom root for perma freez and chill immunity
You will reach 6.600 hp. Drop you freez flask for life flask.

With Abyssus we have 3.4M dps

FAQ
Spoiler

-Why my damage is so low?
Make sure you have on all your rings/ammy/gloves "adds physical damage to attack". Any elemental damage is useless.

-Mobs hurt, why i take so much damage?
Make sure you res are capped, you need at least +34% over your max res.

-Why you dont use a shaper off hand stat stick?
You can use shaper stat stick but to improve the death hand damage you need a double Tier1 extra mod and crit multi, that cost some ex.
With out death hand you lose power charges and unholy might, you should buy sin's rebith to get back unholy might that cost some ex too.

MY OTHER BUILDS

PEACE and thank you
Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Sep 24, 2018, 8:15:43 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2018, 11:32:31 AM
Gotcha, 1st reply <3

Amazing, cheap and effective build.

Glad to see some good builds like this one.

keep it going dude, good work

the video is good as a showcase, i like that instant leech :))

Have fun
Nice build …. ty
"
First goal on tree is the duelist mana/life leech

Do you mean all the way into Vitality Void and Spirit Void, or just one node of each mana/heath leech each?
@zedzed_uk

Hi, i started with this build so my damage was so low i picked up vitality and spirit void...
If your damage is good and you can sustain your mana with 1 or 2 mana leech point dont grab spirit void.

Dave
So ... thought I'd post a 1st update on my levelling with this character. Currently only 47, but thought it might be useful to others if I post now before I forget what I did :)

GEMS
I levelled with frost blades until 38, and swapped to Reave at the point I got Multi-strike.
All fine to this point. Frost blades is easy to level with due to the distance you can keep - Reave is up close and personal so there is more danger of a one shot, or if you get unlucky with accuracy and miss a few times (and then end up with no mana). I'm softcore ... I think if I was Hardcore I'd maybe have stuck to frost-blades a bit longer.

GEAR
I don't have tabula rasa, so using ASHREND, as it adds level 10 fire damage. Using the links as in the OP. Also swapped to MORTEM MORSU when I got the claw nodes. Also needed gear with +INT and +STRENGTH as I wasn't getting much from the tree

LEVEL PATH
As recommended, I went first to SPIRIT VOID. Didn't bother with VITALITY VOID as it felt like I didn't need it with frost blades. I then headed to the right side of the tree - taking first the 3 life nodes (HERBALISM), and then heading left from there to take FINESSE and ASPECT OF THE LYNX. I then rushed up to the claw nodes at the far right of the tree, and once I had SOUL RAKER I took the points out of SPIRIT VOID and used them towards CLAWS OF THE MAGPIE. I then took the life nodes to the left of the claws cluster (BLOOD DRINKER). I've since added the other life nodes on the path (THICK SKIN and GOLEM'S BLOOD). I'm about to start adding the crit nodes next, or maybe the JEWEL nodes. I don't have any decent jewels .. but maybe for a few chaos I could add some +6% life and damage as well, so that might be better. I'll see :)

ASCENDENCY
I took conqueror first, as I really want worthy foe 2nd. Not having to worry about accuracy is a pretty big deal when we need to hit to get back life/mana, so that's my focus. Not sure if that's a mistake ... but it's what I've decided to do.

Any comments - or mistakes I've made - let me know. If others are following this guide would be good to know what gear you're using (especially if unique, as it makes searching so much easier / quicker!)
"
Completed 6 Challengeszedzed_uk wrote:
So ... thought I'd post a 1st update on my levelling with this character. Currently only 47, but thought it might be useful to others if I post now before I forget what I did :)

TY man for your report!

Grab worthy foe on second lab maybe isnt worthy(for me), cuz your accuracy on low level is good.
Grab before unstoppable hero make you more tanky for third lab ( and in general ).

For your mana problem try to use some -# mana cost of skill like praxis ring or elreon jewellery.

Always serch on poe wiki if there are some good unique for your level, if not take on poe trade one rare for 1 or 2 choas.

BTW levelling its always a personal thing, so find your way ! I always help my stats with tree taking some +30 int/str/dex points that i will drop after.
And try always to personalize the build are u following on your playstile .

Dave
Hello,
at first view your guide is quite nice, i like the video and the whole idea behind it (with Reave etc). Im going for it, but im slow and can't tell you anything specific yet, as i dont have much time to level atm. But in any case im going for the First Strike, i cant stay away from that juicy 100% damage and attack speed...

Thoughts for the super expensive build: Enlighten lvl 4 to fit in Anger to add a watchers eye for more additional damage(perhaps the reduced mana preserved nodes).
And i cant get an idea for Abyssus on how to mitigate the phys damage. Isn't the build keen to be one shot with Abyssus? Maybe a Brass dome plate? or a rare with lightning to phys, lighting coil? Loreweave seems really good for the build but the phys damage realy worries me...
you name is super dope, maybe the build has the name for a reason?
Last edited by edchis on Jun 17, 2018, 8:21:05 AM
"
Completed 10 Challengesedchis wrote:
Hello,
at first view your guide is quite nice, i like the video and the whole idea behind it (with Reave etc). Im going for it, but im slow and can't tell you anything specific yet, as i dont have much time to level atm. But in any case im going for the First Strike, i cant stay away from that juicy 100% damage and attack speed...

First strike its very cool point , but dangerous and boring cast it ( FOR ME ofc ). You will good with that !!!

I dont like abyssus make you so vulnerable (i prefer run a tanky boy as you can see in the build), but a lot of people like play glass cannon so i put it in the section. Starkonja its great choise.
Anger dont get you much damage , we dont have any increased ele damage, arctic armour can mitigate the abyssus with Enlighten lvl 4. Grab iron reflex to convert evasion in armour and taste of hate.

The improve section it's just a thing to give you an idea of ​​how you can change the build,
it's all based on your choice, you can personalize this base build on your playstile.

Thank you for report

Dave

Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Jun 17, 2018, 3:55:47 PM
Recently hit Blood Aqueduct and feel like i can talk about the build.
The lvling was smooth with frost blades on a tabula untill lvl 38 when i switched to reave as the guide says, also i bought a pair of Mortem Morsu(very cheap), they helped the clear speed and sustain. As other people did i also went for Spirit Void and later used refund points on it so that i could get the claw nodes. Sustain is great and damage is very good, I feel like i can tank most things and be safe. Overall really like the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info