This is marriage.

^ Hehehehe!

Look up definitions of love and they overwhelmingly define it as a feeling. Most people think it's a feeling.

No wonder marriage often doesn't work.

It helps to think of love as being an action. Forget how you feel "about" that person. Do they act in loving ways, and do you?

Also:

"The ancient Greeks were just as sophisticated in the way they talked about love, recognizing six different varieties. They would have been shocked by our crudeness in using a single word both to whisper "l love you" over a candlelit meal and to casually sign an email "lots of love."

So what were the six loves known to the Greeks? And how can they inspire us to move beyond our current addiction to romantic love, which has 94 percent of young people hoping—but often failing—to find a unique soul mate who can satisfy all their emotional needs?"

http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/the-ancient-greeks-6-words-for-love-and-why-knowing-them-can-change-your-life

and

"
1. Saudade – Portuguese
The feeling of intense longing for a person or place you love but is now lost. A haunting desire for what is gone.

2. Mamihlapinatapei – Yagan
A wordless, yet meaningful look between two people who both desire to initiate something, but both are too scared to initiate themselves.

3. Koi No Yokan – Japanese
The sudden knowledge upon meeting someone that the two of you are destined to fall in love.

4. Gigil – Filipino
The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is irresistibly cute.

5. La douleur exquise – French
The heartbreaking pain of wanting someone you can’t have.

6. Ya’aburnee – Arabic
This phrase translates to “you bury me.” This is the hope that the person you love will outlive you so you can spare the pain of living without them.

7. Forelsket – Norwegian
That overwhelming euphoric feeling you experience when you’re falling in love with someone.

8. Onsra – Boro language of India
Loving for the last time; that bittersweet feeling you get when you know a love won’t last.

9. Queesting – Dutch
When you invite someone into your bed for some pillow talk.

10. Kilig – Tagalog
The heady-sublime rush you experience right after after something good happens, particularly in love/dating. Like running into your crush, kissing someone for the first time, hearing someone you love tell you they love you too for the first time.

11. Cavoli riscaldati – Italian
This literally means “reheated cabbage” but the phase describes the moment when you attempt to start up a failed relationship or love affair.

12. Iktsuarpok – Inuit
The anticipation you feel when you’re waiting for someone to come over to your house.

13. Kara sevde – Turkish
Meaning “black love” this is a lovesick term for when you feel that passionate, blinding love for another person.

14. Ilunga – Bantu
A person who is willing to forgive abuse the first time; tolerate it the second time, but never a third time.

15. Viraag – Hindi
The emotional pain of being separated from a loved one.

16. Fensterln – German
When you have to climb through someone’s window in order to have sex with them without their parents knowing about it.

17. L’esprit de escalier – French
The inescapable feeling you get when you leave a conversation then think about all the things you should have said.

18. Meraki – Greek
Doing something with soul, creativity, or love.

19. Fernweh – German
Feeling homesick for a place you have never been to.

20. Yuanfen – Chinese
A relationship by fate or destiny.

21. Wabi-Sabi – Japanese
This concept has been written about and discussed a lot but essentially this means, “a way of living that focuses on finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay.”

22. Prozvonit – Czech
This word describes the experience of calling a phone and letting it ring just once so that the other person will call back, saving the first caller money. In Spanish, the phrase for this word is “dar un toque,” or, “to give a touch.”

23. Razbliuto – Russian
The sentimental feeling you can often feel towards someone you used to loved but no longer do.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 16, 2018, 1:16:00 AM
"
k1rage wrote:
Lucky for me women dont like me lol

Unlucky to me they like me too much...

@up
And off course no PL... Why that doesnt make me even surprised...
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 16, 2018, 1:46:20 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I felt this might be pertinent if we're discussing love, other languages, and pain.
Nah. Sounds too much like a masturbatory wardrobe malfunction to English ears.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I felt this might be pertinent if we're discussing love, other languages, and pain.

Also, you called this down on yourself.

Yikes!

So my youtube recommended me this in a poke around for a reply/remedy:

Möwen!

Happy find, I think XD listening to the playlist it's on now.

--- pertinent, because why stop at one German word for an on-topic concept not in English:

ed:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Kummerspeck
Nah. Sounds too much like a masturbatory wardrobe malfunction to English ears.

Lol. It's koom.

I don't imagine that helped ... !

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 16, 2018, 3:00:15 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Without referencing this thread (because I suspect she thinks you're all losers and arseholes, collectively, unless I give you codenames, like 'Baconhater' or 'ThisTeacherGuy'), I discussed the differences between engagement and marriage with the GFiancee. I asked, point blank, which means more these days: divorce, or a broken engagement?

We can and do document divorce rates, and they're so high that it's hard to see any sort of sanctity to the vows with words like 'richer and poorer' and 'death do us part'. People can divorce for all sorts of acceptable reasons, my favourite being the kids are all grown up and we're just not really 'that way' anymore. I think that's perfectly valid.

But a broken engagement is typically more emotional and intense. You're still at that stage where the future of marriage is a big fucking deal, and not that long ago you were still trying to figure out if this is love or lust. Engagements are meant to be a temporary thing, and they're meant to lead into something else. When they don't, that's dramatic.

This is all down to the fact that I'm perfectly happy being engaged to my partner for life. We're defacto legally already; she's obviously in my will; we share medical insurance. If she wants my last name that badly, I'll pay to have her change it legally or something. Weddings are incredibly expensive and frankly the only point I see to them is if you plan to have kids, to create a family unit and continue the line. We do not. We are both of us genetic dead-ends, unhealthy cast-offs from parents who knew better but did stupid shit anyway.

She gently argued that we always planned to make the wedding our own, an excuse to have a big party and nerd-out. Which is fair enough. But she doesn't have the perspective I do, the first-hand experience how one or two little words can impact everything.

My only remaining motivator is to do it for her dad, who no doubt wants the same thing so many other dads do, to walk his little girl down the aisle. But he's in the US where we'd have to do it, and she refuses to go back...sooooo....for now, we're merely very engaged.

For the record, we've never said 'I hate you' to each other. We both know the power of that word. We can and do hate some things the other does, but that's a line you do not cross.

Key points being you speak to each other, I would guess that there is nothing the two of you could not say to the other or that there are pretty much almost nothing you haven't discussed or do discuss daily. You also live together before taking the marriage step. So many people get married without having lived with the other person first and then they have a huge adjustment afterwards and discover that they just don't get along living in the same space. Talking to each other makes for a healthier relationship than anything else, not being afraid of the other person in the relationship finding out any deep dark secrets also helps, if you can't tell your partner exactly what is on your mind at any given time - it's probably not the relationship you should be in or you should sit down and have a long talk to each other.

A piece of paper proclaiming marriage doesn't make you any less or more committed. If it's there, it's there. The two of you seem to have a very great relationship that works well for you and that is all that matters.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 16, 2018, 11:39:02 AM
There aren't many advantages these days for men to get married and have kids.

Raising kids is more expensive than it's ever been in the history of humanity, and it's only going to get more expensive.

If the marriage doesn't work out, the courts almost always side with the female. She gets the kids, and you gotta pay child support. If you own any property, she gets half of that too.

The only advantages I can see for a man getting married is if he's a loser who is nothing, and has nothing to lose. Or the woman you're marrying is rich, and has plenty of money. But from the perspective of a man being a sole provider, and going into a marriage already well-off, I see zero advantages.

Stuff like artificial wombs, and realistic sex robots aren't that far away.

I think it's kinda funny how the left loves the idea of women being independent, but appears to hate the idea of straight men "MGTOW". I think they realize that men are required to be hapless participants in the "big game", or none of it is going to work. They fear that men are going to conspire to re-up "The Patriarchy", when their services/presence is no longer required for men.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 16, 2018, 2:03:24 PM
Ah, Mr Smiley, it's so refreshing to have someone share their worldview on how marriage favours women.

Henpecked cuckolds rise up!

I don't see any advantages for a modern western woman to get married, either.

"I will chop her into messes! Cuckold me?" ~ Othello.

(You probably know) The word comes from "cuckoo", as cuckoo birds lay their eggs in other birds' nests.

Interestingly:

"
"Over the past decade or so, Larmuseau and other researchers have set out, as the study’s authors write, to correct “the common urban myth … that many fathers are cuckolded into raising children that genetically are not their own.” And the new research has shown that cuckold rates in humans today hover around just 1 to 2 percent, and have done so across human societies for centuries. In a landmark 2013 study, Dr. Larmuseau and his colleagues combined centuries of Belgian birth records with DNA information from the Y chromosomes — passed down almost identically from father to son — of living men, and found a historical non-paternity rate of just 0.9 percent per generation. Such virtue is not uniquely Belgian: Larmuseau’s findings have since been replicated in studies in Italy, South Africa, Spain and even Mali.

Why are cuckolds relatively rare? There may be several factors at work, but it’s primarily because the costs of cheating and being caught are too high for women, the authors argue, “particularly in such a long-lived species as humans with heavy offspring dependence and massive parental investment.” Of course, even if cuckoldry rates have remained consistently low through recent human history, the question still remains as to whether humans have always demonstrated such levels of fidelity, or whether better birth control devices might allow for higher infidelity without increasing non-paternity rates. This is still very much an open question, Larmuseau tells OZY. “It could be that humans were more faithful previously, or perhaps they already knew about how to avoid unwanted pregnancy.”

Larmuseau and his colleagues hope to tease out some of the factors involved with extra-pair paternity rates, including the importance of social control and environment, in future research, and are currently examining the difference between rates in villages and cities. For now, though, the prospective cuckold can rest a bit easier knowing that, in all likelihood, the only act of deception he’s been nursing and rearing all these years is not his child but his overactive imagination.

Shakespeare was spot on with Othello.

The word cuckold brings to mind a poem: in that scenario, you were the coxcomb, and truth, as they say, is stranger than fiction.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 17, 2018, 10:08:03 AM
Must be deep in the bowels of the Internet...

Try this: http://sharpelvessociety.blogspot.com/2016/04/iagos-enematic-clyster-pipes-clowns-wit.html

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info