[3.3] THIRSTY INFERNO - SOUL-EATER Clearspeed Fireball Hierophant

It is very important that you have no sources of mana leech, or mana on kill. No Warlords Mark. No Assassins Mark. No leech boot enchants.
What other clearing setup could we use. How about EK? :) Are there other options besides fireball :D
"
What other clearing setup could we use. How about EK? :) Are there other options besides fireball :D

Of course! The build gear and tree is actually pretty "generic low-life energy shield," apart from the required uniques which don't force you into any specific spell. The core mechanic to get soul eater doesn't care which spell you use, it just has strong synergy with spells that have a large screen coverage and benefit greatly from cast-speed.

When i first made the build, I was actually using incinerate, and it worked perfectly fine. It was just a tad bit slower at clearing because of the nature of the skill.

Also, you can easily dump the fire-specific damage nodes off the tree in favor of other damages types (crit, physical, other elemental, etc.)

You get a certain synergy with spells with the AOE tag with the ascendancy node Illuminated Devotion giving 25% increased AoE, but in all honesty that's fairly minor.

Last edited by woonderbread on Jul 13, 2018, 3:20:24 PM
How guardian /
endgame boss viable is this?
I have completed all guardians on this build.

That being said, I don't recommend making this build if your only goal is to do guardians. This is a fun clear-speed build, and that is what it excels at. If your only goal is to do end-game bosses, there are plenty of builds that specialize at that and are much better at that, but are no where near as fast at clearing a map.

Its the nature of soul-eater. Its great at snowballing kills, but useless when there are no adds.

If you decide to make the build, and you still want to do elder / guardians here and there, you'll need to gear-swap out Omeyocan for another pair of rare ES boots. There are no adds for soul eater, so going to the lengths of mana-management we usually do is not worth it.
"
woonderbread wrote:
I have completed all guardians on this build.

That being said, I don't recommend making this build if your only goal is to do guardians. This is a fun clear-speed build, and that is what it excels at. If your only goal is to do end-game bosses, there are plenty of builds that specialize at that and are much better at that, but are no where near as fast at clearing a map.

Its the nature of soul-eater. Its great at snowballing kills, but useless when there are no adds.

If you decide to make the build, and you still want to do elder / guardians here and there, you'll need to gear-swap out Omeyocan for another pair of rare ES boots. There are no adds for soul eater, so going to the lengths of mana-management we usually do is not worth it.

Going to make this with spark :)
Really interesting build! :)

I was doing something quite similar... humm let's say "based on the same concept" to be more precise. A high atack speed melee Raider (thanks to the double Onslaught effect + Blood Rage + 6 Frenzy charges + Soul Eater now! ^^).
I also use Omeyocan boots to keep my mana as close to 0 as possible, and the same mana flask. For weapons Ichiomonji (mh) and Soul Taker axe (oh). Soul Taker is a blessing in this concept! (even at 0 mana you can still spam your melee skills).

I also use Blood Rage (with Blood magic), Phase run, and Leap slam with high mana cost to keep my mana down when there's no ennemies nearby (because even at 7% mana degen, the flask is enough to fill my pool very fast^^).

For now, I'm trying differents main skills, but Blade Flurry seems to work pretty well in this setup (with Faster attack, Ice Bite, Mele Phys, Elem dmg, and added fire for now^^).

Moreover, Raider can reach the +20% Flask duration node very easily.

And if I'm right, the Soul Eater effect is considered a buff, so Ichimonji gives us a bit more of juice with it (and with onslaught also of course^^).

For now, it's only a work in progress, but I can reach like 30 att/sec quite easily (it depends on the mobs density of course). But the concept is very very fun!

There's obviously also something very interesting to do with the same concept, but based on the Quill Rain bow I guess. ;)

Take care! :)
Last edited by PapaLegba on Aug 19, 2018, 3:47:07 PM
Why not take the Pursuit of Faith Ascendancy Passive with this build? The 6% increased damage per enemy killed recently would be a huge damage boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info