Party Improvements

"
Teleport to your Party Members

please allow this litteraly.
joining leveling parties or blood aqueduct XP runs (speed clearing) till lvl 68 makes it often hard to find the other players.
when a portal is up, the party is usually well ahead already.

"
will take you directly to that players last checkpoint or town portal
is no help. how do you know which player to focus on? how is this any different from joining public parties now?

pls teleport players "directly" to other players. otherwise the whole system is no improvement for public parties.
I don't understand downleveling thing. Does it remove your skill tree nodes or what? Because level in this game gives almost nothing, so now with a strong friend people can level up pretty fast I guess.
Last edited by Gosen on Jun 11, 2018, 7:02:47 AM
As part of player interaction improvements i would like to see 'kick from hideout' feature.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Jonathan wrote:
Clicking on another party members portrait will take you directly to that players last checkpoint or town portal. If you are in a map, this means they will appear outside the map device that leads to the area you are in.

Thanks for looking at new QOL features.

Would it be possible to provide more information about how this teleport system would work and what limitations it would have?

I don't often party in the game, but some of my initial questions surrounding the Player Portrait teleportation are:

i) Is this feature intended to be used while in zone? It would appear so, from your screenshot.

ii) Will the teleport feature be added to the existing right-click context menu, or made an instant teleport by left-clicking without confirmation? Will clicking anywhere on the portrait teleport you?

If left-clicking, it seems more likely to be hit accidentally and could be problematic. I noticed that the existing portrait context menu is non-modal and easily dismissed, which presumably has done much to alleviate this concern with the existing menu.

iii) Can you teleport to another player while already in the same area (possibly wasting a portal, or maybe jumping outside of a boss room, as described above)?

iv) Will this feature become a new in-game safety mechanism for instantly teleporting out of danger? Will there be a delay when teleporting?

If the feature is added to existing context menu, this is admittedly less of a change as it would require the same effort as manually logging out and simply avoid the delay for the player having to log back in and re-join party.

v) [Edited to add:] When a player teleports outside of your map device in hideout, will they actually teleport to your hideout waypoint or next to the map device? (The usual implications for portal abuse apply if the latter. Perhaps it is time to give players a better mechanism for hideout trading invitations that does not compromise their maps.)

Thanks!
Last edited by Pehr on Jun 11, 2018, 8:19:47 AM
This is so pointless we don't need auto join or a janky scaling system like in dark souls 3.
RIP "tp pls"
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
This is all great, but performance improvements next, please. ♥
I actually like the idea. I'm not sure about the downscaling system, but overall I like these changes. Looking from "very new player" perspective it's quite helpful.
As someone trying to get a friend and my wife into the game, thank you so much for all this. Party play definitely needed love.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
I just started playing and omg this news addresses everything I have been struggling with!!I love this game! noobzilla but can @admin give a hint at if you ever make microtransaction items trade / sellable I have a ton of duplicate items id love to pass to friends ect… from my addiction to mystery boxes!! Also and will you ever support addons through twitch (ie like world of Warcraft allows for more custom ui and game play filters!!) that would be great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info