We got a new kitten!

Pics to follow. He is a rescue. Nearly killed by a chihauha (sp) when a baby. He is 6 mos old.

Having some adjustment issues right now with Marlin. It will sort itself out. I've been here before. But if any of you have any tips I'm all ears! I have not brought another cat in the house for some years so I"m a bit rusty.

I think the drama should be over by the end of the weekend if not before.
Censored.
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 1:36:23 PM
Given I have no idea what you know about cats, hard to provide tips :P

That said, good luck with Li'l Kittie. Rescues are touch-and-go sometimes, but a couple of my favorite cats have been rescues. As in we picked them up off the side of the road and rescued them usselves rescues. I will say this, though - keep small bags of a variety of different kitten foods available. Cat food/kitten food is not One Size Fits All, some cats just don't get along with some kinds of food. We almost lost one of ours before realizing he was having a bad reaction to what was previously his normal food. If your new little guy starts purging a lot or refuses to nibble at his food, set out a few different bowls and see if he goes to one significantly more than the others. You may want to do some research, I've been hearing more horror stories than I like about big-brand pet food these days...q_q
Can't wait to see! I miss having cats. I've never experienced adjustment issues with cats personally, so I'm not much use to you there.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
I've been putting it off for awhile because honestly the drama is a bit much. But we figure Marlin is getting older and it just gets harder. She needs companionship. We can't be around to give her attention as we both work. She still plays and is very active.

Marlin, to give you a bit of background, was feral. She was rescued by a friend of mine so you could say she was a private placement. Her brother was murdered by a loon with a shotgun in front of her and her kittens were stepped on (yes she had a litter as a baby. That is what cats do in the wild). My friend rescued her because Marlin would come up to her door so she had a tendency to not be feral. You would never know the way she acts although she still hates old men (one came over to our house and I thought she would faint).

The new boy, who is called Howie but I don't think he likes that name, is from the system. He has been living with a foster family for awhile so he is socialzed.

Marlin is the one acting up now. He is good, eating OK, no digestive upsets (which would be normal from stress) but is kind of clingy and mouthy. And he seems to be upset that Marlin hisses at him although that is tamping down a bit.

Not my first rodeo. We once had a cat who lived to be 21 that was older when we brought a kitten. OMIGOD the drama! We found them sleeping together a week later. LOL
Censored.
I dont see any any key!
I dont see any any key!
Mods, please do NOT fix the double post. It's funnier this way.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
REMEMBER... It's VERY important to give your cat BATHS often...! "They clean themselves" is 100000% a MYTH...! I recommend the pet spa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d0BdkRaqA
Last edited by IMSilver on Jun 9, 2018, 9:05:45 AM
Finally got some pics but not good.

Spoiler

This one is out of focus but his eye doesn't look crazy. I'm not a good animal photographer. :(

Spoiler
Spoiler
Censored.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 10, 2018, 12:26:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info