Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Sup dudes. New to this build, does the PoB change much now in 3.4, from the original that OP linked?
Last edited by Malira on Sep 3, 2018, 1:52:08 PM
Regen from detonated traps works with the arc trap setup or needs a trap skill like bear trap ? :)

edit . It works :D

Here's mine ( still tryin to color the chest :D )

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Last edited by Tom1nside on Sep 3, 2018, 3:15:52 PM
"
Tom1nside wrote:
Regen from detonated traps works with the arc trap setup or needs a trap skill like bear trap ? :)

edit . It works :D

Here's mine ( still tryin to color the chest :D )

With the new Shimmeron change, Loreweave goes from "good" to "mandatory" though.

Not much choice left for trapper.

Btw, I think you're missing trapper glove, since it becomes mandatory post the Cluster nerf. Huge qol / dps boost .
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 3, 2018, 3:59:39 PM
"
rxl wrote:
Is this specific build still viable for 3.4? just curious to know as i had alot of fun last league with it

Yes, IMO. I agree with _Immune_, Asag, HDTanel, and anyone else who has recently replied stating that this build is not dead in 3.4, works well even with 1 less trap per throw, and that even 2x Shimmeron is still fine.

As Delve began, I found I was missing this build, so I hopped on my trapper in Standard to check things out post-nerfs. The character is from the race league where I didn't play much (lvl 88, didn't even kill Shaper, etc.). I will link gear below, but it's all max 1-2c rares, if I recall correctly.

I opened a T13 map and was able to faceroll it easily. Again, no Loreweave, no +1 trap throw gloves, etc. Arc on a 5L, lightning spire on a 4L.

I then borrowed a pre-nerf (400 dmg/sec degen) Shimmeron from my arc totem hiero, and the effect was not even close to deadly. The only reason I noticed it is because my energy shield wouldn't come back for awhile! I even divined the Shim in case something was wrong with it. Nope. It just really didn't seem to matter.

Gear
Spoiler

Disclaimer: I am basically a PoE noob still. Maybe I'm an adept player instead of just a novice by now, but I am by no means a master of the game. My judgement is that things are still fine though.

"
Malira wrote:
Sup dudes. New to this build, does the PoB change much now in 3.4, from the original that OP linked?

No, I don't think so. My arc trapper's tree was still intact in Standard league after 3.4. Just rush to Expeditious Munitions, then the trap wheel (Clever Construction and Devastating Devices) and Master Sapper -- all nodes on the right-hand side.

I like to start going left then (Blast Cascade, etc.). Acro and Phase Acro whenever it feels right, and finish the left side (Herbalism) whenever I feel like I want more life. Power Charge nodes last since I probably won't have self-farmed Shimmeron yet anyway.

"
JoeODanger wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Btw post nerf, Cluster vs Multi traps which is better?

They all just throw 3 traps now.

Multi has +3 trap while cluster has +5 trap maximum.
Multi has slightly higher dps than cluster.

Which is better in terms of efficiency?

Multi has less mana cost as well. I'll probably just stick with multi, myself. The line arrangement of traps doesn't mean anything for Arc.

The only other differences I can think of is that Cluster Trap lets you have more traps laid at once (if that matters to anyone). And then there's something probably more important that the wiki mentions: cluster will throw traps to different elevations (up or down ledges, etc.), while multi trap does not traverse short walls. That may be a consideration some people will want to take into account.
So I found a void battery tonight, and I was wondering if its a good weapon for that build or rather what weapon can top it (just standard dagger with critMulti, critChance, DMG to spells etc.)? And why the heck is it so expensive.
nvm
Last edited by 1UPedU on Sep 4, 2018, 11:20:57 PM
Hello, anyone else getting ass whoped by shimmeron dmg ? :D
i think we are forgeting that the degen from shimmeron will prevent the combo of cast when dmg taken + blood rage + immortal call for Arakali , well i guess we can divide the build in 2 styles now : the turtle style without shimmeron and the aggro experienced player style with shimmeron on end game boss ;)
hello im new with this build. I just finished quest and now im starting maps, my gear is pure shit obviusly, but i feel very very squishy. my damage is ok but i dead very fast with my resist capped (not the chaos resis) can anybody give me some advice to be more resist? whats the main thing that you use and your survival improve a lot?
Sorry for my english and thank you.
"
i think we are forgeting that the degen from shimmeron will prevent the combo of cast when dmg taken + blood rage + immortal call for Arakali , well i guess we can divide the build in 2 styles now : the turtle style without shimmeron and the aggro experienced player style with shimmeron on end game boss ;)

Out of all the nerf, this is the one I find it most unexpected and really hurt alot.

No wonder I find that I get to dangerous situation more often now and need to pop hp flask more.

Good thing my build use 2 hp flask, and one of them apply half of the heal instant, so it's not as deadly..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info