Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Dutky wrote:
Total noob here, could someone have a look at my character and tell me how to improve it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dutky/characters

I've been just mapping ( literally the only thing I know how to do in this game )

I feel like I'm doing a lot of wrong things, I was following kittencat build but this one seems to be more active so decided to post here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ty!

Edit: this is flashback, I have 5 ex to spend on it! :)

A 80% Loreweave next
A good rare scepter + shield (with dps stats) whenever good ones listed on trade.
Use the tree from OP.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Does the ~0.4% lightning damage leeched as life (amulet affix) work for arc trappers? (I can't find that suffix in Path of Building.)

No, it won't. The traps do damage, not you. So you don't leech.
"
CapnFlys wrote:
Alright, all of my arc/lightning spire trap gems are 20/20. I have a decent shield. 5500 effective life (non-MoM), Shimmeron, Loreweave, and +1 trap gloves (if anyone wants to look at my gear feel free, I know the Loreweave isn't the best roll) yet I haven't had much luck with Uber Elder. Do I just need practice or am I missing some tricks? I watched the new deathless Uber Elder video and saw that the strategy was to circle Shaper semi-tightly to avoid everything, I do that. Also kind of semi-circle/strafe Uber Elder when he's vulnerable, I do that. Is there a mechanical way to keep them both on screen, I think that's my main problem so far. If anyone has mechanical mastery of the Uber Elder fight I'm in need of help right now haha. Edit: re-watched the video, should I be facetanking The Elder like that...? Or should I move around more. I might have to try the more face-tanky method, especially if that's how you have to do it.

I think the reason people fail to take Uber Elder down is because:
- Focus too much on dodging but forget to throw trap, which then lead to longer fight, and things start to go wrong after 3 minutes or so.
- Not throwing traps -> No regen -> die.
- Forget to kill the big octopus -> it drops degen ground -> die.
- Drop shaper's degen balls anywhere -> fight takes longer -> degen balls everywhere -> die.
------------------------
Solution: do more dps (throwing traps) and less (unnecessary) dodging. Things start to go wrong when the fight takes too long.
Hope it helps.
My arc trapper in standard. Pretty much the full retard version of arc trappers.

POB LINK: https://pastebin.com/AR91j8HZ
Is it viable to use increased duration with phase run instead of faster casting? Dont really get why FS is there. ty.
"
Is it viable to use increased duration with phase run instead of faster casting? Dont really get why FS is there. ty.

You could use both, but its mostly there so its near instant cast, just a quality of life as sab doesnt take much cast speed, its like casting portal gem, nobody uses it because its just so damn slow.
"
stormyknight wrote:
"

You could use both, but its mostly there so its near instant cast, just a quality of life as sab doesnt take much cast speed, its like casting portal gem, nobody uses it because its just so damn slow.

sab? Its just i dont see any one using it on bosses, so i assume its not ohshit button, but a movement skill for mapping, correct me pls if im wrong. Its my first trapper )

Also, is there any advantages of lightning warp over flame dash or vice versa?

btw. Siphoning Trap is no longer a thing?
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Aug 9, 2018, 3:54:42 AM
"
"
stormyknight wrote:
"

sab? Its just i dont see any one using it on bosses, so i assume its not ohshit button, but a movement skill for mapping, correct me pls if im wrong. Its my first trapper )

Also, is there any advantages of lightning warp over flame dash or vice versa?

btw. Siphoning Trap is no longer a thing?

sab = saboteur, yes its for mapping just makes things smoother and yes also as an ohshit button incase you have uber shaper balls coming at you and you need to get the fuck out the way, those 1 seconds of cast speed could mean life or death.

i have flame dash and the only difference is again lightning warp needs reduced duration + faster casting to feel good its only ever used to cross gaps and go up ledges anyways. Why would you want siphoning trap as we get charges from blast cascade, unless you are just wanting it purely for the culling ?
"
koros wrote:
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
koros wrote:

- The gem setup must be in this exact order: CWDT-BR-IC (don't need fourth gem)

Wait, what? Do you mean they actually have to be slotted in that exact order? Cause I've never heard of something required to be a specific order before. So if that is the case, then with these boots:

I should swap CWDT & IC spots? That way it does BR then IC?

Also, how does Phase Run get used in this build? I've watched some of the uber elder kill videos & don't even see it on their bar. Is it only used for mapping & self cast to get around quicker?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
According to this link, CWDT DOES cast all spells in the chain and in order. So to make sure the Pantheon works, CWDT-BR-IC should be in correct order.
-------------------
Phase Run is personal preference and a very good skill for mapping.
For Uber Elder, shield charge / flame dash / lightning warp are superb to get out of nasty situations/spots.

Only triggered skill need to be in order. So just make sure your BR come first and IC come after. For example: CWDT - BR - IC - Enfee. or BR - IC - CWDT - Enfee. or BR - IC - Enfee- CWDT
'Up to one additional trap' will throw 2 spire traps? So its a must have even with 6l loreweave?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info