[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

Thanks for the guide, fun build
I'm playing this build almost exactly as advertised to include all the legacy gear.

Hilariously fun.

highly recommended!!! :)

Totally fun in a temp league if you focus on it...

I love the hell out of Freezing Pulse. Usually play as Inquisitor, but trying this out made my league.

Great job man!
Last edited by Flababa on Aug 12, 2018, 7:49:04 AM
Any suggestion for 3.4?
"
ftomi wrote:
Any suggestion for 3.4?

I don't believe there will be any changes for 3.4. Been very busy with IRL stuff recently, should be able to double-check that this is the case later this coming week. But from the patch notes I can't imagine there's any changes.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
ftomi wrote:
Any suggestion for 3.4?

I don't believe there will be any changes for 3.4. Been very busy with IRL stuff recently, should be able to double-check that this is the case later this coming week. But from the patch notes I can't imagine there's any changes.
This would be much better on an Assassin, no?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

You could do this build as assassin, but I didn't like it personally and I think it's a strictly worse version of the build. It's super glass cannon. You can get about 40% more damage, BUT
-You will lose around 30% energy shield
-You must run Skyforths to generate charges and deal with stun
-Single target boss battles without adds are much more difficult because you often can't enter the fight at full charges. You also lose the continuous ES regen after it restarts.

Overall, I just felt like the trade-offs weren't worth it. Even in Uber Elder, I felt like my damage was OK. I don't think sacrificing a lot of survivability and making Skyforths mandatory is worth it for some more damage.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

You could do this build as assassin, but I didn't like it personally and I think it's a strictly worse version of the build. It's super glass cannon. You can get about 40% more damage, BUT
-Single target boss battles without adds are much more difficult because you often can't enter the fight at full charges. You also lose the continuous ES regen after it restarts.

Overall, I just felt like the trade-offs weren't worth it. Even in Uber Elder, I felt like my damage was OK. I don't think sacrificing a lot of survivability and making Skyforths mandatory is worth it for some more damage.

Thanks for the response.

It'd be a different build, it would be life instead of ES.

You get free Power Charges from the Assassin Ascendency and you'd run Inya's Epiphany instead of Skyforths.

Was just curious as I think Freezing Pulse would be great for delving. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Thanks for the response.

It'd be a different build, it would be life instead of ES.

You get free Power Charges from the Assassin Ascendency and you'd run Inya's Epiphany instead of Skyforths.

Was just curious as I think Freezing Pulse would be great for delving. :)

I forgot they put the skyforth mechanic on the ascendancy tree. Oops. All I remembered was "when I did this build as a shadow I had to wear Skyforths". It was probably because on low life you'd still need skyforth to deal with stun.

If you go life instead of low-life, the build winds up looking very different in terms of gear and tree, and I don't think it becomes better; it will be almost impossible to keep the same amounts of effective HP, damage, and magic find compared to this build. At minimum the magic find usually gets thrown out.

I don't play delve since I don't do temp leagues, so perhaps there is something to the mechanics there that would make this not the ideal way to build freezing pulse (e.g. maybe corpse explosions are mandatory). For mapping, though, I've tried out the other variants of freezing pulse and I personally think this is the strongest overall. I wound up making this guide because I thought the other build guides out there were sub-optimal for high budget standard league play in maps. Most of them struggle to get the damage and ES/life equivalent numbers that this build has and almost none of them enable getting decent magic find for mapping.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 13, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info