[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

"
WrathfulTobi wrote:
Sorry if i missed this in the post or comments but what do you think takes the priority in gearing, the void batteries or the shav's?

Void batteries. I think the build will feel better as CI with dual void batteries than Shavs/low life but with cheap daggers/wands.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Well it looks nice and i think about doing it as starter now...(i know i am late)

But i am afraid it’s (very) expensive.... dual void + shavs is pretty Bad already but you mention that.... but what about the enlightens/empower for example? Are These atleast lvl 3 needed (the enlighten)?
And how does it perform without/before i have atleast shavs and void batteries!? Is it worth farming up as this build or would respeccing be better (from storm Brand for example)?
If it’s decent to farm till shavs/voids too how? Just full ci or what do you think would be best?

Thx
Edit:what would be the best ascendancy order in your opinion? League starting/no void battery a
Last edited by rossko on Mar 14, 2019, 2:01:56 AM
Can I play this build without 2 void batteries and the pandemonius? I can barely even afford a shavs atm.
Last edited by Seananigans_ on Mar 14, 2019, 3:26:42 AM
"
Rossko wrote:
Well it looks nice and i think about doing it as starter now...(i know i am late)

But i am afraid it’s (very) expensive.... dual void + shavs is pretty Bad already but you mention that.... but what about the enlightens/empower for example? Are These atleast lvl 3 needed (the enlighten)?
And how does it perform without/before i have atleast shavs and void batteries!? Is it worth farming up as this build or would respeccing be better (from storm Brand for example)?
If it’s decent to farm till shavs/voids too how? Just full ci or what do you think would be best?

Thx
Edit:what would be the best ascendancy order in your opinion? League starting/no void battery a

• Ascendancy order should be: Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, Forbidden Power, Void Beacon.
  • Don't run Empower until you are rich and have a +1 Shavs. Run Energy Leech until then. And NEVER run a level 3 Empower. Other gems are much better.
  • You won't need Enlightens until you have your Shavs and Watcher's Eye and are ready to set up all your auras.
  • I cannot comment knowledgeably about how powerful a leveling skill Freeze Pulse is to others (Storm Brand), because I haven't leveled with the build.
  • My *guess* - and it is just a guess - is that the best way to gear this build from scratch is to farm for a Tabula, then play as CI with a Tabula until you can afford the three core expensive pieces (Void Battery x2 + Shavs). I'd guess that pretty much any rare wands with cast speed and/or spell damage and crit chance will be fine. NOTE: it might be best to run a single dagger/wand and a ES shield for a while. When I first played the build, before I spent $$$ on it, I did it as Dagger/Shield because it was cheaper.

"
Can I play this build without 2 void batteries and the pandemonius? I can barely even afford a shavs atm.

Yes, the power level just won't be there for the real endgame content. But the build should farm lower tier maps just fine with a dagger or wand + ES shield, Tabula Rasa using Chaos Innoculation.

Ordinarily I'd say farm the Void Batteries first but it looks like they are extra expensive in Synthesis right now. So it's up to you. Dual Void Batteries could leave you feeling like a glass cannon if you are running a Tabula and CI, but they are a bigger power boost to the build than a Shavs alone.

Don't worry about Pandemonius for a while. You can run whatever you want in the amulet slot to help with farming.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 14, 2019, 7:56:42 AM
Updated the guide with a "Poor man's gearing advice" section that contains my thoughts on how to prioritize gearing in a little more detail.
Why hatred instead of HoI?
Thx for the answers.
I will probably finish lvling with storm brand and then for sure switch to this build sooner or later . ( probably will try to switch at blood aqueduct/early maps )
If I do switch before shavs/void battery I will report back how it’s going.

Keep up the nice work 👍🏻.

"
edosh1n wrote:
Why hatred instead of HoI?

They changed Hatred so that it gives a "more" multiplier to cold damage. It's a 15%+ damage boost to the build, while HoI is only about a 5% damage boost.

It also has the bonus of having an absolutely bonkers Watcher's Eye mod that gives base crit chance, making Hatred potentially a 30%+ damage boost if you have a Watcher's Eye with that mod as well.
Open to input on build videos: what kind of 3.6 videos (if any) do you want me to record and upload to the guide?
"
tackle70 wrote:
Open to input on build videos: what kind of 3.6 videos (if any) do you want me to record and upload to the guide?

It would be nice to see low budget vids, but also high budget stuff.

Shaper, a guardian or all guardians and maybe redelder/uberelder.

That is for bosses and maps, an open map like minotaur and a closed map with corridors, so people can see what will happen with the freezing pulse and have to watch out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info