[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

I'm pretty sure it does, and more like 16% or so because of increased chill effect on cold snap and bonechill.

I'm using frostbomb in the 4th socket for POB tooltip but in-game it doesn't seem to trigger frequently enough. Also considering dropping the entire combo to level 1 for consistent triggers (consistent -25 cold res, bonechill and frenzy charges).

Also highly recommend getting corrupted first snows - corrupted blood immunity lets you drop staunching flasks (yes you are still affected by regular bleeds, but I never died or even took any significant damage from those yet, though I suppose some bosses like Atziri or Rigwald if you somehow get hit by his wolf form could be an issue); silence immunity is also nice, didn't think it was necessary until I started delving, at low depths if you stop freezing stuff you die.
Last edited by Rivx on Mar 2, 2019, 3:50:29 PM
"
Rivx wrote:
I'm pretty sure it does, and more like 16% or so because of increased chill effect on cold snap and bonechill.

I'm using frostbomb in the 4th socket for POB tooltip but in-game it doesn't seem to trigger frequently enough. Also considering dropping the entire combo to level 1 for consistent triggers (consistent -25 cold res, bonechill and frenzy charges).

Also highly recommend getting corrupted first snows - corrupted blood immunity lets you drop staunching flasks (yes you are still affected by regular bleeds, but I never died or even took any significant damage from those yet, though I suppose some bosses like Atziri or Rigwald if you somehow get hit by his wolf form could be an issue); silence immunity is also nice, didn't think it was necessary until I started delving, at low depths if you stop freezing stuff you die.

Yeah frostbomb looks really amazing in PoB but I played with it a ton and I'm pretty convinced it's bad. It feels far too slow to be effective.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Well that was a good run, thanks for the build :)

Last 50 levels turned out way harder than I expected so didn't quite make it to the goal.

Last edited by Rivx on Mar 4, 2019, 4:06:06 PM
Glad you had fun!

I'm not sure if I'm going to be playing in 3.6 or not. I did a bunch of red elder farming in 3.5 in Standard with this build (20-30 ish kills?) with zero watcher's eye drops and it just kind of turned me off from playing since I used to average a drop about once every three-ish kills before 3.5. Target farming things like delve or incursion isn't as profitable in standard as it is in leagues so it has felt like Standard is just sort of a dead league for me at the moment.

That said, I will do a build guide update after the path of building update releases for 3.6 and we can see the new balance overhaul for Freezing Pulse.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 5, 2019, 2:04:59 PM
"
Freezing Pulse in 3.6 very good i think

Yeah it's looking like this will be pretty strong. They buffed the damage by about 11% or so.

Hatred is likely to be worth running now, instead of Haste. Hard to argue with a free 18% More multiplier.

The passive tree I'm less certain of; I'll need to see the updated Path of Building to properly min/max. The big thing I'm uncertain of is if it will be worth it to take Dark Arts still; Dark Arts got buffed but now would take 6 points instead of 4 to get.

I'm also betting that it's inefficient to take Divine Judgment (currently Celestial Judgement) for the same reason... it will be a 4 point investment instead of 3.

We'll have to see. Looks like it will be overall slightly slower but heavier-hitting.

Also, a big DPS boost is now available in the form of Hatred +crit chance Watcher's Eye jewels.

--EDIT-- Forgot about the new Auras like Zealotry. Will have to see numbers on them; maybe they are better than Hatred.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 5, 2019, 10:52:59 PM
OK, min-maxing the new passive tree is a bit of a nightmare. They made it a LOT harder to figure out what is perfectly optimal. I like it.

A few initial thoughts on the passive tree changes after spending some time in PoB:
  • HERE is the PoE Planner link to my initial suggested tree.
  • There is more fire and cold resistances on our tree now. It should be easier to cap your resists than in 3.5 because they added resistances to nodes we already take.
  • Frost Walker is almost certainly worth taking now
  • Divine Judgement (Celestial Judgement in 3.5) is not worth taking
  • I am doing a double-take at this one and want to see final numbers with updated gems, but tentatively it looks like Heart of Ice and Unnatural Calm are not worth taking. I currently am looking at taking zero nodes north of the power charge cluster above witch. Wow.
  • Dark Arts is probably still worth it. It's just so strong.
  • Looks like there's going to be room for an additional jewel slot, since the optimal pathing looks like it will link through Foresight
  • I am tentatively thinking that both Arcane Will and Soul Thief are worth taking
  • I'm not convinced that any of the nodes which invest into buffing ES leech, such as Light Eater, will be good.

Initial thoughts on gear changes in 3.6:

• With it being easier to cap resists, you can go more heavy on damage rolls for jewels if you were using them to get resists up before.
  • Cinderswallow Urn looks like a good addition to the build
  • Unnatural Instincts, northeast of the scion, is a great addition. I've been playing with it and it's a keeper.
  • It is possible that a Watcher's Eye with Hatred +crit chance will be superior to one with "faster start of ES recharge". Not sure yet. Will need some testing. PoB tells me that it's about 20% more damage if I make the switch. At minimum, it provides more options. I got a hatred/clarity Watcher's eye for 20ex when ES recharge/clarity Eyes are going for 70+. At that price difference, the Hatred is definitely better.

Initial thoughts on Gem changes(this is most tentative since we don't have final info on several gems yet):
  • Drop Conc Effect from the CWDT link and put in Projectile Weakness (at low-medium level depending on your dexterity). You could also opt for a defensive curse here like Temp Chains or Enfeeble, or really any curse you prefer.
  • Replace Haste with Hatred (tentative... Zealotry might be better)

So that's my thoughts so far. Guide update coming sometime after final Path of Building update for 3.6.

POST-GEM REVEAL EDIT
Two reactions to the gem reveals:
  • It may wind up being good to drop herald of ice, lower the level of Clarity, and then run both Zealotry AND Hatred (move Discipline to mana, run one on Blood Magic). Not sure. Depends a bit on mana sustain.
  • A LOT is going to depend on how good Unleash is. I cannot tell if it will be worth using or not. If it's good and it works well with Spell Echo (which is unknown), then either Cold Pen or Hypothermia will get dropped. Dropping Cold Penetration means the tree might need a complete rework to min/max properly. Really uncertain about this one.

There's enough that will need testing that it might be a couple days after patch before the guide gets updated.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 7, 2019, 12:14:23 AM
If you do like this you save two skill points
Write random stuff here
Opened thread
Seen Shavronne, 2x Voids, watcher, HH
Closed the thread
:D
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
SilverWF wrote:
Opened thread
Seen Shavronne, 2x Voids, watcher, HH
Closed the thread
:D

The build is labeled "endgame optimized"... What did you expect? A Tabula and some 10c rares?

On a budget / new league you would probably start as CI and adapt your gear as you go, working towards the shavs and then the other gear pieces.
"
RunMyWay wrote:
If you do like this you save two skill points

Great catch. I think I was under the mistaken assumption that the +10 Dex node connecting out of the Witch area would be needed, but it's not.

Will be working on an update as soon as the full path of building update goes live. Want to tinker with some of the guide as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info