3.3 RAT is back! Elemental Hit Ranged Attack Totems HIERO

"
Nice Hipter Build!!
You dont have use GMP... if you have a Rain of Splinter and the aoe of Elemental Hit..

u dont really have to, but the coverage with it is insane for clear, just swap to slower proj on bigger bosses.
I wouldn't even consider Rain of Splinter, but if it works for u im happy :)

"
I am not understanding the elemental hit threshhold gems. Each one is different, and for example, one says 'with 40 total int and dex'... Does that mean there needs to be a total of 40 int and 40 dex for that to work in a particular slot?

Put the VIRIDIAN Combat Focus to the left of the templar area and the CRIMSON Combat Focus to the right of Quick Recovery.
Last edited by Emilyerdbär on Jun 8, 2018, 2:05:00 AM
I have been running a similar build on a chieftain - for some QoL, like fire reflect immune for my totems (not necessary, but I like it).

The damage is great and the build is very safe.

I might try hiero next.
Hello,

I just rerolled (my only poor Exalt went into regrets...) to ELERAT and I must say:

It's hilarious.

I build up slightly differnt - basicely deeper into ranger tree.
By now I still run MOM for some extra substain,
but I plan to end up like this: https://pastebin.com/dGXUk6MG

Helmet:

I went for Frostferno
Just bought the blank for ~20 slightly underpriced and run my very first corruption ever, endling a +2 GMP / RAT on close to perfect base. The lvl30 Cold To Fire paired with the skillevel boost gives a great advantage over any 6L (and it's much cheaper - blank version at least).

Body Armour:

I decided to go for Death's Oat. I feel that the build scales very very well with attack speed and I can cover the perma degen fairly well with substain from pots and my golem and regen passives.

Bow:

Weapon of choice is The Tempest at the moment for the huge IAS and therefor a good scaling from our conversion (doubledip). Lioneyes would do fine as well, but I think BIS would be a ChinSol - in special for bosses.

I run Vaal Haste in my Essenceworm - basicaly because I didn't had anything else in my ring slot and some mana issues, because of MoM. Permahaste gives a nice clear speed boost.

Overall I feel that this build is way superior to arc as arc still feels clunky and as issues with huge packs, because arg does only chain and not do any AoE. This left me often with a situation where I took a lot of damage could do nothing but trying to kite and watch the poor Arc Totems.
Ele-rat does avoid this and is just a power house.

Nice build Bär.
Last edited by hunTShoo on Jun 8, 2018, 2:17:04 PM
"
Hello,

I just rerolled (my only poor Exalt went into regrets...) to ELERAT and I must say:

It's hilarious.

I build up slightly differnt - basicely deeper into ranger tree.
By now I still run MOM for some extra substain,
but I plan to end up like this: https://pastebin.com/dGXUk6MG

Helmet:
Verified

I went for Frostferno
Just bought the blank for ~20 slightly underpriced and run my very first corruption ever, endling a +2 GMP / RAT on close to perfect base. The lvl30 Cold To Fire paired with the skillevel boost gives a great advantage over any 6L (and it's much cheaper - blank version at least).

Body Armour:
Verified

I decided to go for Death's Oat. I feel that the build scales very very well with attack speed and I can cover the perma degen fairly well with substain from pots and my golem and regen passives.

Bow:
Verified

Weapon of choice is The Tempest at the moment for the huge IAS and therefor a good scaling from our conversion (doubledip). Lioneyes would do fine as well, but I think BIS would be a ChinSol - in special for bosses.

I run Vaal Haste in my Essenceworm - basicaly because I didn't had anything else in my ring slot and some mana issues, because of MoM. Permahaste gives a nice clear speed boost.

Overall I feel that this build is way superior to arc as arc still feels clunky and as issues with huge packs, because arg does only chain and not do any AoE. This left me often with a situation where I took a lot of damage could do nothing but trying to kite and watch the poor Arc Totems.
Ele-rat does avoid this and is just a power house.

Nice build Bär.

Thanks so much for this input, i really do appreciate it!

I testet around with the Helmet, and its pretty damn strong and i have to say you are right on every aspect of it, i still think kaomsis better atm, but i will test the chest further :).

Chin Sol is probably better overall, packs get oneshot anyway and i think (doubling?)
the damage against bosses is really big. Will try it later!
The idea about chinsol now is, oneshot packs anyway, either pump totems directly in the boss if they have unwavering like shaper, and little bosses get pushed into a wall if they even survive a second.

I'll try to get some accuracy gear and see what happens.

I will update the guide later, i hope it is fine for u if i put your ideas into the guide.
And surely u get credit for that!
Last edited by Emilyerdbär on Jun 8, 2018, 5:33:50 PM
I'am currently doing a similar build with chieftain, and call of the brotherhood gives me about 100k more shaper dps per totem. You can also replace WED with combustion for some more shaper dps(and more reliable clear aoe?).
Last edited by LINGONsylt on Jun 11, 2018, 1:28:57 PM
You need to have call of the brotherhood in this build. Its 18% more damage, its insane with elemental hit.

Also, your build is very squishy. You only get like 5-6% life regen per second, and you have no mind over matter. How does this build feel going into maps?

Also, how does this build feel with clear speed? You have no source of extra projectiles, and only 1 pierce.
Great build. Made some changes and improvements. Able to down guardians in 30s. really good dps. You would really need a call of the brother hood and the frostferno helm for it to really work:

Also using piscators wands instead of bows as it deals more dmg per totem at 4 than with a bow. plus u get extra pen:

good and tanky build overall. 6.8k life with MoM, 100k single target and 60k gmp tooltip in hideout.
check out my char(pewpewpewnews) for my full gear and edited passive tree.

"
Jenos wrote:
You need to have call of the brotherhood in this build. Its 18% more damage, its insane with elemental hit.

Also, your build is very squishy. You only get like 5-6% life regen per second, and you have no mind over matter. How does this build feel going into maps?

Also, how does this build feel with clear speed? You have no source of extra projectiles, and only 1 pierce.

you dont need pierce. just gmp is enough as elemental hit is an aoe. clear speed is v good. once u get a kaom's heart and spec into mom, u are tanky af. bosses die quick anyway. dont forget to get positive chaos res!
Last edited by notgeesus on Jun 12, 2018, 9:55:11 PM
I miss the 'cannot evade' on the lion's eye bow, and the faster attack speed and mana, but I can totally see the logic behind those wands. Especially in the new league with those crazy corruptions that can occur.
I am up to T10-11's and haven't died in maps yet (a couple deaths while leveling though to stupid mistakes). A few more levels and I will either respec into your tree, or just take mom and keep it the way it is (your early tree), and take the Marauder life nodes from here on out.
My tooltip is still around 44k in hideout, but T11 bosses are still melting in seconds (because of whatever mechanics), thus my current reasoning to not reach into the ranger area, and bulk up on some more defense.

There is an interesting Scion build using Reach of the Council. It would be interesting to see that bow in this build, thus dropping gmp for slower proj full time.
Last edited by animalhouse on Jun 13, 2018, 10:48:26 AM
without blind the chance of hit 83% ?
"Get 1-2 Abyss Jewels with Blind on hit"
but this is 8-12% chance to Blind Enemies
that 8 to 12% will proc pretty reliably. I had one with 4% while leveling, and it was up like 30-40% of the time on packs that took more than a few hits to kill. On bosses it will proc less reliably, and the debuff will probably drop right when the boss drops a hard slam on you..but totaly worth it for wand/bow builds to use blind on jewels, even in a generic sense where its not relied on for your chance to hit.
Last edited by animalhouse on Jun 14, 2018, 4:10:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info