Tencent owns league of legends

they already owned a majority of it in 2011 (97%) and bought the remainder of it in 2015. league of legends did not become p2w.
Last edited by CAPSLOCK_ON on May 21, 2018, 5:22:10 PM
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 6:01:04 PM
it did however become the most toxic horrible community known on the internet - i guess this game is going to be quick to follow, based on the way these forums are going so far today
"
xMustard wrote:
it did however become the most toxic horrible community known on the internet - i guess this game is going to be quick to follow, based on the way these forums are going so far today

the league community isn't toxic because of tencent, it's toxic because league of legends is a very competitive game and many players can't control their emotions
"
xMustard wrote:

it has been like that since day1

tencent has nothing to do with that lol

league is the exact same as it always was.

also, it's literally impossible to design a competitive game where people are randomly matched with each other without it becoming toxic

it's the same with CSGO, overwatch, dota2 and every single game like that.

people tend to be toxic when they feel like they lose a game unfairly, especially if that game has stakes.
Last edited by shaunika90 on May 21, 2018, 5:35:25 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

is it fun being the forum stick in the mud?
I dont see any any key!
Spoiler

might've not become p2w

but they did change things

Last edited by cruelworlds on May 21, 2018, 5:40:44 PM
"
cruelworlds wrote:
Spoiler

might've not become p2w

but it did change

if it didnt change noone would be playing it anymore

it's still fundamentally the same game
"
shaunika90 wrote:
"
cruelworlds wrote:
Spoiler

might've not become p2w

but it did change

if it didnt change noone would be playing it anymore

it's still fundamentally the same game

Spoiler

"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

the league community isn't toxic because of tencent, it's toxic because league of legends is a very competitive game and many players can't control their emotions

I quit lol scene for years after losing tournament for $ with very bad czech team.
I had 7kills 0death almost perfect last hits,rest of my team 0kills 10-15deaths each.

And normal ranked games were still merged with russians at the time,this is not to be racist,i m same "race" as most russians but russians are worst and most toxic players i ever found online.

Now i believe that lol is much better game with separated servers.
League of Legends is also an absolutely horrible game that codified everything wrong with the MOBA genre.

Though I suppose that's just my blinding hatred for the MOBA genre and its darling star pupil speaking.

Still. If your example of "Tencent totally isn't Chinese EA!" is League of Legends, then I'd recommend a new argument. 'Murican EA only wishes it could be as predatory as League is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info