Tencent owns league of legends

"
xMustard wrote:
it did however become the most toxic horrible community known on the internet - i guess this game is going to be quick to follow, based on the way these forums are going so far today

Thats every online game I have ever played, especially MOBA's for some reason. It's the biggest reason why I'm not playing any of them anymore.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
they already owned a majority of it in 2011 (97%) and bought the remainder of it in 2015. league of legends did not become p2w.

HAH DOTA 2 STILL A BETTER GAME POGCHAMP.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
1453R wrote:
Heroes of the storm is also an absolutely horrible game that codified everything wrong with the MOBA genre.

Though I suppose that's just my blinding hatred for the MOBA genre and its darling star pupil speaking.

Still. If your example of "Tencent totally isn't Chinese EA!" is League of Legends, then I'd recommend a new argument. 'Murican EA only wishes it could be as predatory as League is.

FIFY

LoL

for all its faults with the community is a good moba game.

it's not flawless it has tons of problems, but that doesnt make it not among the best.

it's the world of warcraft effect. it could be way better, but that doesnt make it not the best.
Last edited by shaunika90 on May 21, 2018, 5:46:44 PM
Chinese companies / Tencent also own

Runescape
Warframe
Fortnite ( 40%)

And pretty much every other major online game except for Valve & Blizzard games.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 21, 2018, 5:46:38 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Runescape
Warframe
Fortnite ( 40%)

And pretty much every other major online game except for Valve & Blizzard games.

Ask yourself how many of those people around here play.

I don't play any MOBAs. I've never played any of your mentioned three. I stopped playing Overwatch and somewhat regret even starting, Friendo pressure for 'a game we can all finally run together!' notwithstanding.

People saying "Tencent doesn't ruin games, China is just fine, you already play all these things they own!" are missing the fact that no, not all of us do. I primarily play single-player games these days precisely because of the proliferation of Eastern-style online systems that put a sour taste in my mouth - including Path, which I run almost exclusively as single-player-with-market.

Not everyone is a closest Legends wannabe-pro. SOme of us really do go out of our way to avoid this exact sort of bullfuckery, and now we've lost a game we used to be able to use to do that.

Thanks, Chinese EA.
"
1453R wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Runescape
Warframe
Fortnite ( 40%)

I don't play any MOBAs. I've never played any of your mentioned three. I stopped playing Overwatch and somewhat regret even starting, Friendo pressure for 'a game we can all finally run together!' notwithstanding.

People saying "Tencent doesn't ruin games, China is just fine, you already play all these things they own!" are missing the fact that no, not all of us do. I primarily play single-player games these days precisely because of the proliferation of Eastern-style online systems that put a sour taste in my mouth - including Path, which I run almost exclusively as single-player-with-market.

Not everyone is a closest Legends wannabe-pro. SOme of us really do go out of our way to avoid this exact sort of bullfuckery, and now we've lost a game we used to be able to use to do that.

Thanks, Chinese EA.

I don't play these genres so they must have ruined these games.

Wisdom!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
The reality is that Tencent has so much stake in so many things that there will be cases where things went to shit and cases where things were fine.

"
1453R wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Runescape
Warframe
Fortnite ( 40%)

Thanks, Chinese EA.

PoE already had lootboxes and very big paid advantages in the form of stash tabs before tencent came into the picture. what are you crying about exactly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info