Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
Troglobyte wrote:
Could be good, could be bad.

It could be worse, they could have sold the entire company to them.

80% is bad - 49% would be decent to even consider buying supporter packs. Now those packs should be renamed because you dont have to support this game with money anymore
Last edited by r4plez on Jun 2, 2018, 7:43:48 AM
Hopefully, the game won't change that much.
"
Troglobyte wrote:
It could be worse, they could have sold the entire company to them.

You don't say.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12062178&ref=NZH_fb
Wash your hands, Exile!
Well, it was indeed fun while it lasted.

I've purchased a couple of packs over the years to support GGG for their awesome work, but have fallen out of PoE for about a year or two now... While i still thank GGG for all the fun they provided me with, i won't be spending anymore money on the game since i don't want to support Tencent.

What i gathered from the article posted above, it's only a matter of time before they're completely bought out... sad to see but pretty normal in todays' capitalistic enviroment.

Thank you again Chriss & Co., i wish you all the best in the future.
yikes
Fucking hell, this is bothering me more than I thought it would. I logged in today for the first time since this announcement and I went to make an Incursion character. I thought, "Shit, I need to buy the supporter packs before I get going."

And then I remembered.

And now I don't even want to play :( I've never been so turned off from this game before. With almost 3000 hours in the game and $2000, I think it is safe to say I've bought in entirely. Until now.

Path of Exile is a really, really great game. I love it. I really hope I can get over myself and enjoy the new league. But for now, I'm going to play something else.
WOOOOOO!!! Maybe now Tencent will bring it to PS4 and it will ACTUALLY be free2play on console so that more people come and stay with the game instead of soloing to level 50 because they havent bought a bag yet. If they can convince a player to stay in the game for a month im pretty sure they are going to buy something. Being solo until you buy something on console is a bad feeling, first impression.
All you fanbois that are crying just wait until the game gets HUGE like League of Legends and you got your super cool alpha and beta supporter badges. Ur gonna be happy as fuck.
This just makes me uncomfortable with the MTX, mostly, given how I wanted to support a small indie company who had a dream and a good product. Now I feel dirty...

So did Blizzard say before they got bought by Activision. I stopped believing publisher lies a long while ago..
"
All you fanbois that are crying just wait until the game gets HUGE like League of Legends and you got your super cool alpha and beta supporter badges. Ur gonna be happy as fuck.

if you search a bit you will find that lots of veterans in lol that played before tencent quited or are about too because of the amounts of stupid patches even streamers that get thousands of dolars with the game are getting pisted with all this things
oh and btw it is already proved that popular doesnt mean good so dont think because tencent is the chinese ea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info