Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
ADFuel wrote:
So we spent all of that money on supporter packs just so you could sell out to TENCENT?

How is this not fraud?

How IS IT fraud? Where have they deceived you? You got exactly what you paid for at the time.

TenCent knows what they are doing. I doubt they will see much more than a blip on the radar, and they will survive just fine.
Last edited by Sonaxill on May 28, 2018, 2:54:35 PM
rip
Well fuck. I spent a lot of money supporting this game starting with the closed beta. I guess good for GGG, but this doesn't feel like a win. I'll no longer be buying supporter packs or MTX. If they've got big Chinese money, then they don't need my hard earned cash. Shame.
I'm 110% happy for GGG that all their hard work has finally paid off for them by Tencent buying the % of the company that they did. My only issue is the standing term 'supporter pack' for the product they are selling. In the past and up to the company sale, that's exactly what it was, a supporter pack. Now it isn't. And it feels patronizing and slightly insulting to the communities intelligence as a whole. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a stash tab or a cosmetic at this point. What I'm saying is don't blatantly demean your customer base. I enjoy the game. changes are inevitable no matter how small they may be or the intentions of the developers. Just don't forget the loyalty of the people that got you there.
"how is this not fraud"
that made me want to kill myself. Some people are completely out of touch with any reality whatsoever if they think this investment is a fraud.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
Ogremensch wrote:
Thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars invested, and still..... I'm out. I'm not letting this P2W mobile game slime bag conglomerate profit from me. Not one penny.

(...)

That's why I strongly urge everyone to vote with their wallets. In this day and age, it's the only vote you've got and the only one that counts.

Goodbye

Yup, me too. Not giving any more money to GGG, and just not playing PoE anymore either. Done.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
"how is this not fraud"
that made me want to kill myself. Some people are completely out of touch with any reality whatsoever if they think this investment is a fraud.

to be fair, one could argue that it is deceptive to ask for supporters and then sell the company.

it's more subjective and subversive, though.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
What does it matter if they are owned by Tencent or not?

All this but hurt people that have serious small man complex are whining about how they invested their money in the game. Well news flash!!! GGG can't compete with giants if they are dependent on your scrap money. They are still small indi company compared to giants, and they can't upgrade this game or even work on another sequel if they don't have significant resources to stay competitive.

Lets be honest! How much of us is dreaming about playing lost Ark ? Path of exile has become repetitive. How many times can you replay this game ? There is no infinite number... It's getting old and boring.
This game needs huge investment to become path of exile 2, or it wont keep its player base. PoE is already on bad reputation for not being beginner friendly, so that alone is factor that will not bring them new players, let along shitty engine and bad graphics/art.

Path of exile is becoming closed community game where no one really plays with their friends. Its almost single player game with multiplayer auction house. So that's why they need to think about future of this company. And it can't be supported by closed community to stay relevant. Even people who invested allot in path of exile can't always come to play the game due to whatever they are doing in real life, so even they are not crating a safe income factor.

When i show this game to my friends they all have same reaction. It looks ugly, old and difficult to catch up with.
Engine needs to be rebuild, and time needs to come where they can start working on new arpg.

So fuck yeah Chris!!! You guys made the best step towards the future of this game. Invest huge to be huge!!!!

"
What does it matter if they are owned by Tencent or not?

All this but hurt people that have serious small man complex are whining about how they invested their money in the game.

butthurt, whining, small man complex...

best rebuttal ever.

/s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazUZz3K6IY
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on May 29, 2018, 6:35:50 PM
"
tuknahr wrote:
Guess spamming new microtransaction every week still wasn't enough money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info