I hate Evangelists!

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
This proximity shields are bugged when overlapped (they are making monsters immune regardless of your position).

It's not bugged at all, it's perfectly logical.

Bubble protect monsters inside it, which means when a monster is standing inside 2 overlapping bubbles, you need to be present in both overlapping bubbles to kill the mob within, otherwise the bubble you're not standing inside will protect it.

Now apply this theory to >20 of them, and you'll see there's an area the size of a pixel you need to stand in. effectively meaning they - and anything around them (which may be 20 more other monsters & a boss) - are immune to everything.
except maybe a Trap/Mine or DoT.

Should such a mess be in the game?

And regardless of the bubble, their attack is a physical ground spell that completely fucks over Evasion characters. they cast it very rapidly, it *always* hits - even through Phase Acrobatics - and it deals a fuckton of damage.

So you can imagine how that fight went: me running around like a headless chicken, trying to avoid dozens of projectiles from the Titty Bitches, ground spells from these fkrs, and projectiles from Doedre. can't damage anything. can't leech. running out of flasks. dead.
that doesn't sound very fair, does it?

In fact, it is a lot less fair than having an "allies cannot die" Totem or a Titan Of The Grove in there. because in that case you can still leech from monsters.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 21, 2018, 1:14:46 AM
I thought you were going to talk about real life evangelists and was thinking...that really doesnt fit into this game lol. Almost skipped the post
Flicker striker has no issues with them.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Flicker striker has no issues with them.

I doubt Flicker Strike can do anything to overlapping shields.
Essence Drain or Caustic Arrow - take your pick. :)
By the way I am sure this is a bug.
Right after that mess I did a Palace Map (corrupted, no-regen, turbo-dominus. down. yesssss!!!!).
there weren't more than 3-4 of them in one room, and they were far apart.

In Putrid Cloister's arena they were just spawning in droves, one on top of another.
"
johnKeys wrote:
By the way I am sure this is a bug.
Right after that mess I did a Palace Map (corrupted, no-regen, turbo-dominus. down. yesssss!!!!).
there weren't more than 3-4 of them in one room, and they were far apart.

In Putrid Cloister's arena they were just spawning in droves, one on top of another.

It's not a bug... it's all about positioning.

It might be a pain when there's more than 1, but that's just how it is. You don't want to deal with it? Skip the pack.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
It's Putrid Cloister man. They are in the boss room. And there's more of them every second.

The kind of situation where only a handful of them can make stuff very tricky - and there's a horde of 'em.

The bug I'm implying is there is a horde.
Every other zone seems to have restrictions for how these bastards spawn.
It's definitely a pain in the ass for a ranged character. I use one of two tactics depending on levels, etc.

1. Hit all vaal skills and flasks and get in the middle and thick of it and blast away.
2. Run away and try to lure them one at a time, or wait for the shield to go down.

A similar problem is getting two monsters in the same area with the "allies can't die" aura. This will most commonly happen in that map on the island with the "allies can't die" rock monster boss and the two bosses map mod. In that case you only have option 2 (or skip the boss fight).
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I hate "allies cannot die" slightly less, since I can still leech there.
Last edited by johnKeys on May 25, 2018, 5:46:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info