[3.3] SSF HC/SC build - RF Trickster. 8k+ life, fast mapper. League starter.

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Testing the build atm, wanna use it in SSF next league. So you get Sovereignty to be able to run 3 auras/curses.

We can use Purity of Fire, Vitality, Despair, Flammability, Arctic Armour.

If I understand it correctly I use Pure of Fire until we get shield with + max res right? After I can switch to Despair. Always use Flammability. When do i use Vitality or Arctic Armour?

At first I use PoF, Vitality and Flammability. When I find a shield with + max res I drop vitality for Despair. When I have sufficient regen I will drop Sovereignity and trade PoF for AA. That trade is mabey around lvl 92+.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Cool thx!
"
Rusherboy wrote:
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Testing the build atm, wanna use it in SSF next league. So you get Sovereignty to be able to run 3 auras/curses.

We can use Purity of Fire, Vitality, Despair, Flammability, Arctic Armour.

If I understand it correctly I use Pure of Fire until we get shield with + max res right? After I can switch to Despair. Always use Flammability. When do i use Vitality or Arctic Armour?

At first I use PoF, Vitality and Flammability. When I find a shield with + max res I drop vitality for Despair. When I have sufficient regen I will drop Sovereignity and trade PoF for AA. That trade is mabey around lvl 92+.

How do you get sufficient regen after leveling to lvl like 92? It is ratio based (if you drop PoF and use +3% max fire res shield, the regen has to be 0.21 * 0.9 = 18.9%), and leveling won't help that (or do I miss something :-) ).

AA reduces fire damage when stationary, but we're more likely moving during mapping. Is it for boss-killing or the chilling ground?
"Prioratise life nodes after that. Ride AW up to Blood Aquaduct. When you get there do Normal and Cruel Lab. After that respec 5 points and equip your RF gems. "

u mean to run ancestral warchief till act 9? u sure there's enuf damage to kill those boses?
"
dunaskmey wrote:
"Prioratise life nodes after that. Ride AW up to Blood Aquaduct. When you get there do Normal and Cruel Lab. After that respec 5 points and equip your RF gems. "

u mean to run ancestral warchief till act 9? u sure there's enuf damage to kill those boses?

Just use arc traps unless it gets heavily nerfed.

I used AW because it scales on weapon only. You don't need to spend passives so easy to convert to RF. If you find/craft a decent 2H weapon you can easily ride it up to Blood AQ. But as I said, just level with arc traps.

Just confirming for anyone leveling Arc traps still works great for leveling. Currently in Blood Aqueducts on a 4L with arc-trap-cluster traps-trap damage and haven't had too many problems in SSFHC.

Looked at the notes for 3.4 and outside of brightbeak it doesn't seem like there are many changes to the build. Anything in 3.4 I should add for safety/damage when trying to start doing delves in SSFHC? They definitely hit hard sometimes. Thanks!
"
kamcnult wrote:
Just confirming for anyone leveling Arc traps still works great for leveling. Currently in Blood Aqueducts on a 4L with arc-trap-cluster traps-trap damage and haven't had too many problems in SSFHC.

Looked at the notes for 3.4 and outside of brightbeak it doesn't seem like there are many changes to the build. Anything in 3.4 I should add for safety/damage when trying to start doing delves in SSFHC? They definitely hit hard sometimes. Thanks!

I'm not currently playing this build, but if I was I would use Concetrated Path - Faster Attacks - Fortify instead of Shield Charge setup.

Last edited by Rusherboy on Sep 4, 2018, 5:33:46 AM
"
I'm not currently playing this build, but if I was I would use Concetrated Path - Faster Attacks - Fortify instead of Shield Charge setup.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Currently level 79 and mapping is a breeze but i'm lacking in single target due sustain issues. I've run through the POB and can't quite figure out where I'm lacking. I'm still in the basic stages of gearing since it's my first character so nothing great yet, only about 6k life. No shield yet either. However when comparing to your tree I have about half your regen and as a result degen pretty quick against single target. If you get a spare second, here's my POB if you want to take a quick look and see if anything sticks out. I went +2 passive for bandits https://pastebin.com/ECc0Cyje
Last edited by kamcnult on Sep 7, 2018, 12:58:46 PM
"
kamcnult wrote:
"

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Currently level 79 and mapping is a breeze but i'm lacking in single target due sustain issues. I've run through the POB and can't quite figure out where I'm lacking. I'm still in the basic stages of gearing since it's my first character so nothing great yet, only about 6k life. No shield yet either. However when comparing to your tree I have about half your regen and as a result degen pretty quick against single target. If you get a spare second, here's my POB if you want to take a quick look and see if anything sticks out. I went +2 passive for bandits https://pastebin.com/ECc0Cyje

I'm thinking of trying SSF for the first time (i have over 2K hours played so it's not like i'm a noob). Do you think this build is a good one for someone doing SSF for the first time? Playing RF on a build that relies on you finding your own gear just sounds like i'll be degening to 1 hp very quick to me, so i wanted to ask someone who is playing it now :p
no vitality or purity of fire?

You have enough fire res and Regen without them to run double curse?

Or is the idea to just keep yourself alive by killing so you get the double curse for more dmg.
Last edited by sako22 on Sep 21, 2018, 4:49:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info