Skill Reveal: Seismic Trap

Lots of uncalled for negativity here. People mad at new skills without having tried them and knowing their endgame potential (which is what PoE is; trying new builds over and over and over again : )). People forgetting 20ish skill reworks that in most cases mean a buff (i would play infernal blow now if i found melee skills interesting). Just play first, judge after and if you play too much and get bored; dont blame GGG for it, instead man up and go get your wife back.
good to see some skills that look good, but dont say that this one have "enormous area coverage", it honestly dont. I also seriously hope that you are not gonna give it a freaking 8 sec cd.
These trap skills are simply too slow to bother using them. Totems already have a delay but at least you don´t need to trigger them.

Why should I use this trap if a sibgle click with let´s say ice shot would clear the whole screen?

GGG, as long as you don´t think about "extra benefits", people will always try to use the fastest and most efficient skills.

It´s even worse with a cooldown! No one likes cooldown skills. Except shagsbeard probably.

Let that trap generate power charges with each stomp. Or let it have huge synergies with other skills, like earthquake....or even sth like "Your leap slam does tripple damage during the skill effect of rofl stomp trap". You see? Benefits.
Last edited by IamLoco on May 17, 2018, 2:55:29 AM
This feels so satisfying :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
why is ggg promoting ziggy d ? the dude barely plays poe and is a absolute casual ???? thinking ??????

nothing against ziggy btw
"
DistantBliss wrote:
Lots of uncalled for negativity here. People mad at new skills without having tried them and knowing their endgame potential (which is what PoE is; trying new builds over and over and over again : )). People forgetting 20ish skill reworks that in most cases mean a buff (i would play infernal blow now if i found melee skills interesting). Just play first, judge after and if you play too much and get bored; dont blame GGG for it, instead man up and go get your wife back.

GGG taught us - as a players - what is important in this game to 'succeed'. this thing is 'clear speed'. check how quickly and safely you can clear with Kinetic Blast or Tornado Shot. compare. tell me WHY anyone would pick this trap over Kinetic Blast / Tornado Shot if the mechanic of the game and league BOTH heavily favour clear speed?

this skill isnt bad, it looks cool etc (And ofc can be scaled with idiotic shaper/elder stat sticks, so all other skills that cannot - are thrash by definition) - but the game currently does not need any skill of this type: low aoe, cooldown, niche, melee - because it competes with Kinetic Blast / Tornado Shot and in that competition there are clear winners
"mechanical stomper".
Potato masher trap incoming, with the loud sounds effects even more feasible.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
EQ Totem Trap? Not bad.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
WORM THUMPER

Finally I can play a Frank Herbert themed character :p
Seismic trap looks very nice.
I never played traps (vaal lightning trap doesn't count :) ) and it's the first time I think about it.
If I decide to start the league with a trap build, I think it will be with seismic trap.

ok, traps may still suck a little with their cd (no more for some of them, like lightning trap), duration,and the fact they have to be triggered, but we don't know yet what exactly will change in the passives tree for traps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info