Skill Reveal: Siphoning Trap

It looks really nice and seems to be usefull but over all of that it really hurts my ears. :/
rip headphones users
how will this interact with multiple being active at once? (say through cluster trap)

Will the damage from each trap stack?
Will it be up to 10 targets per trap or shared among all?
if you had 5 level 20 traps targeting 10 enemies would you get 2500 life per second???
So two questions, completely unrelated to each other:

- If more than one Siphoning Trap is active at once, does the regeneration stack? Can more than one ST affect the same enemy? Given enough "throw additional trap" modifiers / trap throwing speed / trap duration; and available targets, can I get thousands of life regenerated per second?

- To me this looks like a skill that summons a proxy, which for the duration it exists, applies some effect to nearby characters (enemies and yourself). The game already has a term for this kind of proxy. Was the decision to make this skill a Trap an intentional design choice to make it affected by trap-related modifiers, or is it just a case of "hey, we're doing a trap rework, let's make a bunch of trap skills"?

This question becomes even more striking with one of the other upcoming traps (Flamethrower). If you called that trap a totem instead, nobody would be able to tell any difference.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 14, 2018, 10:02:08 PM
Trappers! New meta!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Ojntoast wrote:
Siphoning / Vortex traps could be pretty good.

Only if they unnerf AoE or give Vortex more than 0.2 radius.

Also Advanced Traps Support... The most interesting part of this post. Hopefully it gives more than 49% cooldown to make these other traps actually viable, since they require that link anyway, making them not even as appealing as cremation trap.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
I've been trying to figure out a reliable way to regenerate precisely 25 mana per second for over 3 years, thanks siphoning trap -- THIS IS BIG
Awesome!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Could you use this on some longer fights like shaper and uber elder by just putting cluster traps and increased duration and spam a few of them out and have a constant 2.5k hp/mana leech throughout the fight?
Last edited by nevalopo on May 14, 2018, 10:05:43 PM
Slow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info