[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hello! I'm a new player who has decided to use this Scion build after re-rolling a lv 55 Inquisitor and seeing how thorough this build is. I have a couple questions I'd like to ask if that's alright.

You recommend leveling with Sunder until maps (Which I think is around lv 60?) but I'm able to receive/socket the clear skill + blade flurry gems successfully earlier on, how come I don't want to swap to reave/blade flurry earlier on?

As far as some of the leveling uniques (Flesh Eater etc.) Will they be able to carry me to level 60 for Wasps Nests or will I have to swap on the way? Oh and in the progression gear section between Thunder Fists and Tombfist, Tombfist is just as cheap and has a lower level requirement, do I want to skip Thunder Fists all together?

Sorry for all the questions I didn't quite see any of these on the FAQ and am still a bit too new. Thank you for the very thought out guide!
Checking back in to say I love this build. Did Uber Elder first try with only using 3 portals (could of been 2 less but I was bad). Appreciate the effort and help you've put in!
"
lunamoonsong wrote:
Hello everyone,

After clearing all content with my phy. cyclone I wanted to try something new with Scion and saw this build, it looks promising but I may have made some mistakes since I started this game with Incursion League I am a new player with 300 hours game time.

I am having some problems in high level maps and don't know what to do, can anyone please check my character and give me recommendations? I bought the stuff I could afford but I can always upgrade them, got some currency left behind from my previous setup.

Ps:I had to take Coldhearted Calculation on my passive tree because the mace needs so much İntelligence.

Thanks everyone in advance !

Yo mate, thanks for checking by :)

Your Gear looks pretty good honestly, nothing I can address there. I can currently only see your Bossing Loadout, but it seems fine to me. Rings, Claw, Statstick, Amulet and Belt are all good. Only the Abyss Jewels in your Helmet are hot garbage, and the ones in your Tombfist could both be significantly better as well. The Helmet ones won't affect your mapping tho, as you use a pseudo Link helmet anyways.

What problems do you run into? Can't really be Gear-based, at least from what I can see.

"
Unf_rtunate wrote:
Hello! I'm a new player who has decided to use this Scion build after re-rolling a lv 55 Inquisitor and seeing how thorough this build is. I have a couple questions I'd like to ask if that's alright.

You recommend leveling with Sunder until maps (Which I think is around lv 60?) but I'm able to receive/socket the clear skill + blade flurry gems successfully earlier on, how come I don't want to swap to reave/blade flurry earlier on?

As far as some of the leveling uniques (Flesh Eater etc.) Will they be able to carry me to level 60 for Wasps Nests or will I have to swap on the way? Oh and in the progression gear section between Thunder Fists and Tombfist, Tombfist is just as cheap and has a lower level requirement, do I want to skip Thunder Fists all together?

Sorry for all the questions I didn't quite see any of these on the FAQ and am still a bit too new. Thank you for the very thought out guide!

Yo mate, thanks for putting your trust into this guide :)

Just one word of warning, it requires a fast playstyle which I also say in the Cons of the Build. That needs getting used to.

I recommend Sunder for levelling because it scales extremely well from early on until maps, the damage and clear it offers with no Investment for Levelling is hard to beat, and it opens up Leapslam as a moveskill which is arguably the best one for fast Levelling (if you are good at it).
That said, if you are not going for record times or participating in a Race, many Skills will get the Levelling done. It's hard to mess up there. I only recommend Sunder because it is a smooth experience, and Reave/BF dont come quite close from my experience. It's only a recommendation, do what you want.

The Progression Gear is mainly for Leaguestart Characters, maybe I should add some Notes regarding the availability later in a league. At league start, you simply won't see Tombfists for a while, and the first ones will cost quite a bit. Also, a shaped Helmetr with the mods we want won't be available for quite some time as well. Right now, there is no reason to not go for Tombfist+Shaped Pseudolink Helmet instantly when you reach maps tho. You are right with that.

If you decide to use a full levelling Unique loadout, the Brightbeak/Flesheater + Prismatic Eclipse/Princess will carry you all the way to maps. That costs some currency tho.

Hope I could help you out a bit :)

"
Phont wrote:
Checking back in to say I love this build. Did Uber Elder first try with only using 3 portals (could of been 2 less but I was bad). Appreciate the effort and help you've put in!

Big congratz mate, that's a nice achievement! Really happy that my Guide could help you out along the way :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 23, 2018, 4:45:22 PM
Any suggestions on flasks to use besides Lion's Roar? I can't stand the knockback. Love everything else about the build though!
"
trashman15 wrote:
Any suggestions on flasks to use besides Lion's Roar? I can't stand the knockback. Love everything else about the build though!

I mean, I only recommend using Lions Roar for Bosses that can't be knocked back :P Shaper/Uber Elder/Guardians.

For Mapping, the Flask Setup is in the Progression Gear Segment. ToH+Promise+Quartz+Stibnite+Diamond
Btw, I would look into getting Upgrades for your Rings, they are both pretty bad. Also, maybe look for a Reave Helmet that has some Life on it :P That Amulet is pretty fucking sick tho, gz!

Thanks for the kind words :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 23, 2018, 5:32:43 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
trashman15 wrote:

I mean, I only recommend using Lions Roar for Bosses that can't be knocked back :P Shaper/Uber Elder/Guardians.

For Mapping, the Flask Setup is in the Progression Gear Segment. ToH+Promise+Quartz+Stibnite+Diamond
Btw, I would look into getting Upgrades for your Rings, they are both pretty bad. Also, maybe look for a Reave Helmet that has some Life on it :P That Amulet is pretty fucking sick tho, gz!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Thanks for the tips, looking for rings as we speak!
So I got new rings and a new oh, upped my tooltip dps by about 50k, thanks for the tips! Is there a reason to use Immortal call? I don't ever get any endurance charges, was wondering if I was doing something wrong
"
trashman15 wrote:
So I got new rings and a new oh, upped my tooltip dps by about 50k, thanks for the tips! Is there a reason to use Immortal call? I don't ever get any endurance charges, was wondering if I was doing something wrong

That's explained in the Pantheon and in the Gemlink Section. It is used to proc out Arakaali Buff for a LOT faster Leech.
Makes sense. Thanks again!
Hey thank you for the feed back! It def helped me out and I will take your word on leveling with Sunder. I wanted to ask if mana would become less of a problem as I level? I'm currently running Herald of Ice and and Hatred and was wondering if it was normal to be chugging mana pots or if it gets better down the line.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info