[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
hwat wrote:
How much dps/hp is enough for safe guardians/red elder kill?

I would recommend around 8k hp and 5m dps
I mean you can do it with less,but it just feels nice at that point because you just stand in middle and watch anime on second screen.

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

I mean you can do it with less,but it just feels nice at that point because you just stand in middle and watch anime on second screen.

Well, the point is I don't understand how do you calculate real DPS.
I mean, I've imported your profile, checked frenzy and power charges + full life.
It is about 500k at 6 stages against Shaper.
Checked all flasks, this is about 800k.
How do you get your 5m numbers? What do I miss?
"
hwat wrote:
"
CAKE wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

I mean, I've imported your profile, checked frenzy and power charges + full life.

So I will do this importing of my character.

1. Import the character

2. Change Bandit to Alira and enable correct support skills, in my case I have to disable Assasins mark and Herald of Ice because against shaper or tough bosses I don't have those things. And change my 6 link to correct gems.

3. Blade flurry RELEASE at 6 stages. Not just 6 stages. Release is important.

4. Turn on all flasks.

5. Turn on always on full life. Frenzy Charges (I am too lazy to generate power, I don't have the offhand setup.) Turn on are you leeching. Tick enemy is intimidated.

This brings me to just under 5.4m DPS with 3.8m Shaper/Guardian DPS.

If I was to do the power charge thing in my offhand, it would bring me to just under 6m DPS with 4.2m Shaper/Guardian.

Now the thing is this is with frost bomb and a totem constantly up. Which may not be feasable on some fights, so that is more realistically my burst dps for the first few seconds of a fight, which is enough for everything except uber elder where you cannot just out damage the fight.

For that I would turn off my frost bomb but keep on my totem, as that is easy to place and forget. It brings my dps down by about 500k on Shaper/Guardians which is fine, considering how much easier it is to do that fight without worrying about things like frost bomb or power charges.

I would also change my shoes for Kaom's roots, once again lowering my dps by a further 150k. This brings it down to a respectable 3.1m ish against a fight like Uber Elder.

The important thing is to not lie to yourself on PoB and tick unnecessary boxes to inflate your numbers. A lot of guides suffer from this, fortunately for us this is not one of them. And the DPS shown is realistically obtainable.

Hope it helps.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jun 24, 2018, 7:29:36 AM
is it viable to drop Herald of Ash\Ice to include impurity of ice? Does the impurity work well on elder\shaper?

my reasoning - we lose some DPS, yes, but don't we gain more by ignoring cold res? In case if it works on bosses of course
"
hwat wrote:
"
CAKE wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

8k HP and 5 Million DPS are extremely overkill for Guardians. EXTREMELY. At that point everything is trivial, you can do it with WAY less. First Guardian Kill of the League is usually at around 5.2k HP and 1 million DPS or so. Just not with rippy mods.
But if you are at that point, everything turns trivial :P So it's nice thing to aim for.

For PoB, import any Character, make sure the right Skill is selected (with the correct Links) as "release at 6 Stages", go to Skills and enable some manually (on Shaper for us: Hatred, Blood Rage, Herald of Ash, Frost Bomb, Protector, maybe Vaal Haste), go to Config and turn on Power Charges, Frenzies, We are Leeching, using a Flask, have Crit Recently, are always on full Life and the enemy is Intimidated. Onslaught is taken into account automatically. Then turn on all Flasks and you have the theoretical DPS of a perfectly executed Blade Flurry.

I say theoretical because it's basically imossible to always exactly release upon reaching 6 Stacks of BF.

Also, having all those Buffs is only semi realistic. Having Ancestral Protector/Frostbomb/Blood Rage up whenever you are doing damage is easy, but on long boss fights you won't have your Power Charges from Jaws of Agony up.
If the fight is short, like Shaper Phases, you also probably won't reach full Frenzy Charges. Check the GIF of my full health Shaper Kill, he dies too early for me to reach full Charges. But that also means I have 100% Uptime on Power Charges instead. On any long fight you have 100% Frenzy uptime tho, and on stuff like Uber Atziri you can even generate Power Charges between Phases pretty easily.

All in all you are usually missing one or the other Buff depending on fight length.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 24, 2018, 8:10:00 AM
Hi, just had a quick question. I got the 5l belly of the beast, what gem do i drop, since it's a 5-link?
Sorry, couldn't find an answer in the guide.

Edit: just found the answer
Last edited by Veras1 on Jun 24, 2018, 11:15:30 AM
Damn if only I new before leveling how BF works. I can't just fight, I can't just channel, I have to press and then release every second, this is insane micromanagement )
Totem, golem, rage, channel-release, flasks — is this piano build or what? (
Hi i'm having some problems with the dps and the leech for bossing. I understand that i'm missing some stuff here and there but i got the most important bits and i dont understand how what i am missing from my character can make any major difference.

Here's a pastebin for my character https://pastebin.com/VeQDigFQ , or you can check my profile. Cant even kill trash with this. I tried doing uber lab with this and Izaro one shot me. From what i understand ur supposed to be able to tank a lot with this and the leech will keep you alive. In my case it doesn't at all. I'm getting leech but not enough, kinda low.

Would really appriciate if you could help me out. Just spent 900c (all i had) on this build expecting it to work. Maybe it's just me being stupid but please point out what im doing wrong.
"
Veras1 wrote:
Hi i'm having some problems with the dps and the leech for bossing. I understand that i'm missing some stuff here and there but i got the most important bits and i dont understand how what i am missing from my character can make any major difference.

Here's a pastebin for my character https://pastebin.com/VeQDigFQ , or you can check my profile. Cant even kill trash with this. I tried doing uber lab with this and Izaro one shot me. From what i understand ur supposed to be able to tank a lot with this and the leech will keep you alive. In my case it doesn't at all. I'm getting leech but not enough, kinda low.

Would really appriciate if you could help me out. Just spent 900c (all i had) on this build expecting it to work. Maybe it's just me being stupid but please point out what im doing wrong.

Yo, cool that you give it a shot :) 900c is enough to get started easily.

From what I see you are currently in your Bossing Loadout. 500k Shaper DPS fully buffed, that's pretty bad.
First: socket a Murderous Eye Jewel in your Tombfist. You don't gain the 10% more DPS it offers through intimidate if you don't do that, but it explicitly says that in the Guide :)
Second: give the Might of the Meek version a shot. I say that it is an extremely strong Budget Option for a reason. PoB here, 100k more DPS and like 500 more Life.
Third: a rare Belt will be way better than Darkness Enthroned if your Abyss Jewels are still that bad. I list it in the Endgame Gear Section and state that it needs GG Jewels for a Reason.
Just get a Leather Belt/Rustic Sash/Stygian Vise with 80+ Life, 70 Res and 30+ WED for now.
Fourth: Your Rings are pretty bad, and better ones are pretty cheap. People always seem to forget Rings when they're looking for Upgrades.
Fifth: go for Assasination (Shadow Area) next.

What exactly are your problems? While mapping you should be fine. Your ~5k HP is on the low end, but that's ok for yellow maps and even low Reds.
I just hope you actually use the normal Gear for mapping, the bossing Loadout you are currently in is only meant for Shaper, Uber Elder, Guardians, etc.
Or do you only have problems with Izaro? 5k HP is pretty low for Uber Lab, I wouldn't recommend it. That said, people do it with 5k on Softcore a lot, no idea what one shots you.
Also, I hope you didn't spent too much on the Claw, a well rolled Wasp Nest is actually better :P

"
hwat wrote:
Damn if only I new before leveling how BF works. I can't just fight, I can't just channel, I have to press and then release every second, this is insane micromanagement )
Totem, golem, rage, channel-release, flasks — is this piano build or what? (

Well, you don't need to do that for mapping. While mapping you literally only press Flasks and your Reave + Whirling Blades buttons :P
On bosses there is a bit more Stuff to do, and if releasing BF is a problem for you then a BF build won't be the way for you :D

"
livejamie wrote:
Thanks! DPS seems fine I just feel squishy.

Can't find your Char anymore, guess you respecced him?

Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 24, 2018, 3:15:26 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Veras1 wrote:

Yo, cool that you give it a shot :) 900c is enough to get started easily.

From what I see you are currently in your Bossing Loadout. 500k Shaper DPS fully buffed, that's pretty bad.
First: socket a Murderous Eye Jewel in your Tombfist. You don't gain the 10% more DPS it offers through intimidate if you don't do that, but it explicitly says that in the Guide :)
Second: give the Might of the Meek version a shot. I say that it is an extremely strong Budget Option for a reason. PoB here, 100k more DPS and like 500 more Life.
Third: a rare Belt will be way better than Darkness Enthroned if your Abyss Jewels are still that bad. I list it in the Endgame Gear Section and state that it needs GG Jewels for a Reason.
Just get a Leather Belt/Rustic Sash/Stygian Vise with 80+ Life, 70 Res and 30+ WED for now.
Fourth: Your Rings are pretty bad, and better ones are pretty cheap. People always seem to forget Rings when they're looking for Upgrades.
Fifth: go for Assasination (Shadow Area) next.

What exactly are your problems? While mapping you should be fine. Your ~5k HP is on the low end, but that's ok for yellow maps and even low Reds.
I just hope you actually use the normal Gear for mapping, the bossing Loadout you are currently in is only meant for Shaper, Uber Elder, Guardians, etc.
Or do you only have problems with Izaro? 5k HP is pretty low for Uber Lab, I wouldn't recommend it. That said, people do it with 5k on Softcore a lot, no idea what one shots you.
Also, I hope you didn't spent too much on the Claw, a well rolled Wasp Nest is actually better :P

Thanks for responding :)

I have done the things you told me to do, to some degree now. Haven't gotten all might of the meek yet. The claw was kinda expensive tbh, feelsbad. How much better is the unique compared to mine? Is it worth changing?

Dont know what GG stands for xD.

I'm currently kind of confused regarding all the links and such. Feeling very frustrated atm about what gems to use cause the gem walkthrough thing is a bit different compared to the gems in the gear spoiler (the gear overview and all that). At one point it says in the walkthrough "Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assasins Mark". In the gear section there is no piece with green blue blue and i dont have one like that atm either. It's also the same with CWDT in the gear section. It says CWDT goes with frost bomb and ancestral, but in the gem section it says increased duration. Ugh, that was kind of difficult to write. Hopefully it's understandable.

I'm doing maps atm. Did Cursed crypt and the boss one shots with his hammer. I feel like Blade flurry is supposed to do more dmg because it's not doing that much atm. I am releasing to do more dmg when it's capped, but that guy just kills me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info