THE LAWNMOWER IS BACK (UPDATED 10/31) FOR DOMINATION LEAGUE (ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT GS MARA BUILD)

"
Anilogas wrote:
if you have semi decent gear (5L chest, 4L everywhere else) with +HP and 1-2 resists, spending very little amount of currency, you can achieve pretty much 3-4k life running quad-5 auras.

Getting a very cheap mana leech ring or Wyrms Molt, allows for you to not need anything else to be mana sufficient in most situations.

Prior to this, I had to run purity, and other auras and 7 endurance charges to plow through maps, but I could solo most maps, just would take a lot longer.

True. melee is gimped, but with 7 endurance charges + a flask, no matter how shitty your base armor is, you can still easily achieve 80% + damage reduction.

with 7 endurance charges and a granite flask, I had 94% damage reduction.

I soloed my whole way through on this character. I leveled in the same zone for multiple levels (ledge, forest, city of sarn) all through the difficulties. I leveld in merciless city of sarn with pure MF gear from 60-75ish running granite flasks every run and made a SHIT TON of currency just selling rares and drops; giving me enough money to purchase better quality gear.

Try Molten Shell too, adds a ton of Armor once it's leveled some.

But yeah, that's actually what I had to do. I had to grind in a few places to level "past" the upcoming zones so they wouldn't be as hard. For example, I had to grind the Catacombs in A3 Cruel from 52 to 56.

Now, let's also understand that even though I'm a Melee class, and the frustration of Melee's shortcomings is...frustrating, I have no problem adapting to the challenge of getting a Melee class to Map-Levels. Especially since there's a Melee rework coming in the near-future, so that's a huge update I'm looking forward to.
Hi, following this build right now and wondering how do am I supposed

to deal with the bandits, 'till now I took 40 Life from Helping Oak (Normal),

is that 4% increasing atk speed from helping Kreysomething (Cruel) so much

better than the skill point or what? [would like to know about Mercy too] thx
Great build. Just wanted to know what auras you are using and the reasoning behind them.
"
Great build. Just wanted to know what auras you are using and the reasoning behind them.

Gonna try to reply here since I'm following Anilogas build too:

Grace + Determination = Huge ARMOR value thanks to Iron Reflexes (Function: mitigate as much dmg as possible,also very useful vs phys dmg reflection)

Hatred = Must have,since it takes a % of your HIGH phys dmg and turn it into cold dmg

Haste = Speed, Atk.Spd, Cast.Spd, u get great benefits from each one of them

Anger = Even more dmg, I'm not quite sure why he doesn't get wrath, probably beacouse of the lack of blue sockets

Anyway,better wait Anilogas reply just to be 100% sure about what to do
"
JackLegno wrote:
Hi, following this build right now and wondering how do am I supposed

to deal with the bandits, 'till now I took 40 Life from Helping Oak (Normal),

is that 4% increasing atk speed from helping Kreysomething (Cruel) so much

better than the skill point or what? [would like to know about Mercy too] thx

in the end, I plan on speccing out of all my endurance charge nodes, (maybe keep 1)

I got

40 life

physical damage

endurance charge

This character is for pvp in the end, map mowing is just as easy.

i specced 7 endurance charges to do maps at lower end gear, but now with better gear i no longer need 7 endurance charges. I clear maps just as easily with 5 so I dropped 2 of em.
"
JackLegno wrote:
"

Gonna try to reply here since I'm following Anilogas build too:

Grace + Determination = Huge ARMOR value thanks to Iron Reflexes (Function: mitigate as much dmg as possible,also very useful vs phys dmg reflection)

Hatred = Must have,since it takes a % of your HIGH phys dmg and turn it into cold dmg

Haste = Speed, Atk.Spd, Cast.Spd, u get great benefits from each one of them

Anger = Even more dmg, I'm not quite sure why he doesn't get wrath, probably beacouse of the lack of blue sockets

Anyway,better wait Anilogas reply just to be 100% sure about what to do

I have purity rdy in case for elemental weakness or any of that source, high damage maps where i'll need 5% more max resist and more resist in general.

I dont use wrath because 1) out of gem slots, (but if you can i would use it) and 2) i have lava lash so you get extra fire damage from anger.

HONESTLY though, I'm goign to take a look at the duelist tree and MIGHT respec out of unwavering stance, and iron reflexes depending on how it goes. Currently I respecced out of unwavering stance and I only get stunned by rhoa chargers or shield chargers, due to insane max HP.

Grace + determination brings my armor from a base of 2.5k to ~9.5-10k
Last edited by Anilogas on Mar 7, 2013, 4:35:42 PM
Since in the end u're gonna drop all the endurance charges I think I'm going to take the skillpoint against the bandits in mercy, anyway ty for sharing and pls keep updating for changes or anything, I feel like I'm not going to reroll anymore with this char :D
If only mauls didn't look so bad >.<

Karui maul looks like a tree =/ Only one I like is Piledriver. Can u, theoretically, roll a good high dmg Piledriver instead of Karui?
IGN: Seze
Man sorry but I wouldnt have watched the video till the end if there weren't this AWESOME music please tell me the name of the song/s :D

Although nice to see that we got some nice melees out there :)
Last edited by RuLy on Mar 7, 2013, 5:09:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to respec tonight after my tree gets reset.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info