What's coming in patch 0.10.2?

i cannot connect to the instance plz fix ty
not sure if this is a problem or the new patch is being released but cannot login at present time. im going with new patch being released and...... im gone
"
PoE forums and its search engine need to be brought to 21st century quality and functionality levels. I understand that "website improvement" is not part of a patch, but I do believe it should be included in the to do list.

It's really just the search that's a big problem IMO.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
It's silly to think that respecs are P2W...With a game that prides itself in diversity seems rather unfitting they don't allow them. Hey our Passive skill tree is amazing - Levels to 60 only to realize your character sucks and gets destroyed in Cruel and Merciless...

I think PoE is a throwback to the old days but it can still be modernized a bit...For so many numbers to be in the Passive tree and in game on weapons and armor, seems silly that you don't get an option to see DEFENSIVE combat text or DAMAGE numbers. This would help so much while leveling to see if your character is just not panning out.

News flash: not everyone likes re-rolling multiple characters. I for example will never play a ranged class or finger wiggler. Actually this is pointless...G3 can easily implement this and discourage it at the same time.

Respec = $25
Cooldown = 30 days

You want to respec? It will cost you and incur a cooldown of a month. Solved
Last edited by GameFX on Mar 5, 2013, 5:57:34 PM
"
captainpl4n8 wrote:
I still think they should change one of the merciless rewards to being a full respec.

That way EVERY player gets ONE full respec free, AFTER completing a certain quest on merciless. Which by the time you're in that difficulty, its too much of a hassle to reroll or use regrets to COMPLETELY respec.

ONE respec isn't such a terrible idea.

"
GameFX wrote:
It's silly to think that respecs are P2W

Respec gives an advantage over other players. Real money makes it Pay2Win. If you don't see this, then you don't understand what Pay2Win means, or what effect respecs would have.

"
...With a game that prides itself in diversity seems rather unfitting they don't allow them. Hey our Passive skill tree is amazing - Levels to 60 only to realize your character sucks and gets destroyed in Cruel and Merciless...

You do have a point here. The question is what to do about it. Making Regret orbs more common is probably better.

"
News flash: not everyone likes re-rolling multiple characters. I for example will never play a ranged class or finger wiggler. Actually this is pointless...G3 can't easily implement this and discourage it at the same time.

Play what you want. I will likely never play melee, but so what? There are many possible builds within each fighting style. Without having to reroll characters for *whichever style we want*, longevity is ultimately lost.

"
Respec = $25
Cooldown = 30 days

No, it isn't.

Because it's still a cash option that grants an advantage. Now, sure, that's not so bad with the cooldown, but there's another issue.

With a cooldown, players will wait that time, not playing the game. People waiting and not playing means interest lost during that time, and people not coming back to the game, at least not for very long. Even a free respec every month or 2 would create this problem.

Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 5, 2013, 6:02:54 PM
"
Charan wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"Substantial changes to voice acting including Act One NPCs and overhauls of the Lion and Beast sounds."

Please not Nessa.

Passive pop-up selection should be optional, I agree with those people.

ugh, nessa is the weakest acting in the game imo. She always sounds like she is verging on laughter. Her delivery of the awesome nightmares fear you line is underwhelming.

If you nerf Scarlet Hemingway (Nessa)ill /ragequit
"
crilliver wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"Substantial changes to voice acting including Act One NPCs and overhauls of the Lion and Beast sounds."

Please not Nessa.

Passive pop-up selection should be optional, I agree with those people.

ugh, nessa is the weakest acting in the game imo. She always sounds like she is verging on laughter. Her delivery of the awesome nightmares fear you line is underwhelming.

If you nerf Scarlet Hemingway (Nessa)ill /ragequit

Yeah, the only thing "wrong" with her lines is that the sentences are spaced a little too far apart. And sure, maybe a couple lines could be re-recorded, but the majority I think are fine, and the sound of her voice is very nice.
Spoiler
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
GameFX wrote:
It's silly to think that respecs are P2W

Respec gives an advantage over other players. Real money makes it Pay2Win. If you don't see this, then you don't understand what Pay2Win means, or what effect respecs would have.

"
...With a game that prides itself in diversity seems rather unfitting they don't allow them. Hey our Passive skill tree is amazing - Levels to 60 only to realize your character sucks and gets destroyed in Cruel and Merciless...

You do have a point here. The question is what to do about it. Making Regret orbs more common is probably better.

"
News flash: not everyone likes re-rolling multiple characters. I for example will never play a ranged class or finger wiggler. Actually this is pointless...G3 can't easily implement this and discourage it at the same time.

Play what you want. I will likely never play melee, but so what? There are many possible builds within each fighting style. Without having to reroll characters for *whichever style we want*, longevity is ultimately lost.

"
Respec = $25
Cooldown = 30 days

No, it isn't.

Because it's still a cash option that grants an advantage. Now, sure, that's not so bad with the cooldown, but there's another issue.

With a cooldown, players will wait that time, not playing the game. People waiting and not playing means interest lost during that time, and people not coming back to the game, at least not for very long. Even a free respec every month or 2 would create this problem.

I agree with you, its fine as it is with regret orbs.

Im currently leveling my 2nd ranger because I got stuck at level 72 with my other one.

that new melee AOE better include claws...seriously.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info