I think I accidentally married a build

Here I sit thinking about what I want to do for the flashback league, as in what build to make, and I find myself unable to move past what I guess is my favorite build.

I made a frost blades raider once upon a time, and I admit that I did fall in love with it. The speed was so nice, and the damage was not amazing, but surely there. Now I know I can make a budget build that I can take to end game with little effort, but I sort of want to do something else.

Every build that I think of gets compared to my beloved raider, and no matter how much I want to try something else, I just can’t justify it, and usually speed is the problem. Should I just try on and on to make freezing pulse good, or surrender to what seems to captivate me? Anyone else have these same problems ( with whatever build)?

And the last, possibly more important question, how do I make anything that can take a raider on in clear speed? It is just soo good.
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 5:31:32 PM
kb wander will blow your old character's balls off if you are looking for clear speed.
It relies entirely on run speed. I’m not saying that is bad, but a raider can use attack skills to move faster, which is generally faster.
I feel that way abt cyclone. Don't matter raider or slayer spin to win is my favorite. I think i played like 20 cyclone toons to mid 90s

Actually i've played every race cyclone

Witch LL cyclone discharge w/ mjo
Shadow/assassin - Cospris cyclone discharge
Marauder/jugg - mojo 11 ED cyclone discharge
Ranger/Raider - nga cyclone fire balls
Duelist/slayer pure phys cyclone
Templar/inq mjo cylone docharge
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 21, 2018, 4:05:20 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I feel that way abt cyclone. Don't matter raider or slayer spin to win is my favorite. I think i played like 20 cyclone toons to mid 90s

Ascendant and take both.
"
quicksixteen wrote:
It relies entirely on run speed. I’m not saying that is bad, but a raider can use attack skills to move faster, which is generally faster.

Have you done one? Do you think the speed lab runners use movement skills or qotf?

e: not being rude, use what you like but if you are looking for something different but don't want to lose the speediness I wouldn't discount kb wanderfinder just because it doesn't use wb.
Last edited by ladish on Apr 21, 2018, 4:13:46 AM
"
ladish wrote:
"
quicksixteen wrote:

Have you done one? Do you think the speed lab runners use movement skills or qotf?

e: not being rude, use what you like but if you are looking for something different but don't want to lose the speediness I wouldn't discount kb wanderfinder just because it doesn't use wb.

I can’t argue that they are fast, but I have no idea how easy they are to start a league with. I guess I should give it a try.
"
quicksixteen wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
"
quicksixteen wrote:

I can’t argue that they are fast, but I have no idea how easy they are to start a league with. I guess I should give it a try.

unless something changes in balance, piscators and abyss jewels give a pretty high and affordable baseline to damage output. The build can go super expensive if you want it to, though.
I've had that feeling too. Some buils just get deep into you.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
I've had the same feeling with old vaalspark old coc / discharge types.
Played that basicly since it's inception heck i even tried to make one work back in harbinger league, but these days selfcast spark is better but doesn't feel the same.

Discharge still works somewhat, but it's just not the same.

And also once you've played fast builds it's hard to go back.
What sort of fixed that for me was playing 1 league fully SSF. Made me appriciate a lot more builds etc.

This league i found my new love, Zerphi poets VD. Decent clear speed enough to be fun, and great bossing potential. And it can also carry huge amounts of iiq without realy getting affected damage/res wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info