The Last Epoch

Nice amount of money raised! And game looks good. Like I said could be wrong. Like especially if Tencent runs PoE. Thanks for the info.
Git R Dun!
"
Can someone explain to me how a this a viable business? I said this before in another thread but seems to me this ARPG space only has room for 1 or 2 competitors.

I have played a lot of ARPGs so from my PoV it is plenty viable to have a good few ARPGs out there as long as they offer something different.There are a lot more of them in the mobile market,it is just the PC where they seem so sparse(don't know about console).
One would really have to do a feasibility study to even get a good guess at the answer. I will say that people like you and me and lots of others on this forum, are the exception and not the rule with games in general.

You have this "get your kicks and move on" mentality. There are so many games that come out nowadays, as opposed to, say, even 15 years ago. They are delivered online so folks don't have to make a trip to Gamestop or wherever. I do think (this is anecdotal and I can't prove it) that ARGP folks are more loyal than many of the others. Look at people playing D2 (or even that silly D3) for years on end. With no, or limited, new content as opposed to PoE.

I play GD on "offtime" from PoE. I bought Wolcen but there isn't much to do yet. I play D3 every season (I've only had it for a bit over a year) for like 2 days and that is it. But I buy other games in other genres and in general, get my kicks and move on.

All of this is a long winded way to say there may be a sufficient market for a couple more of these games. But free to play ARPGs? Maybe not so viable. Recent events have cast a chill over the free to play schemes of many, I have no doubt. I call the Last Epoch guys smart for not going the free to play route.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
One would really have to do a feasibility study to even get a good guess at the answer. I will say that people like you and me and lots of others on this forum, are the exception and not the rule with games in general.

You have this "get your kicks and move on" mentality. There are so many games that come out nowadays, as opposed to, say, even 15 years ago. They are delivered online so folks don't have to make a trip to Gamestop or wherever. I do think (this is anecdotal and I can't prove it) that ARGP folks are more loyal than many of the others. Look at people playing D2 (or even that silly D3) for years on end. With no, or limited, new content as opposed to PoE.

I play GD on "offtime" from PoE. I bought Wolcen but there isn't much to do yet. I play D3 every season (I've only had it for a bit over a year) for like 2 days and that is it. But I buy other games in other genres and in general, get my kicks and move on.

All of this is a long winded way to say there may be a sufficient market for a couple more of these games. But free to play ARPGs? Maybe not so viable. Recent events have cast a chill over the free to play schemes of many, I have no doubt. I call the Last Epoch guys smart for not going the free to play route.

buying a game outright what is that?:P You make some good points and there was too much confirmation bias in my original question and prediction. We shall see.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info