The Last Epoch

For those interested in isometric ARPGs a new one just come out on kickstarter. The demo is free currently and includes 3 classes. The final game is scheduled for 12 i believe.

I'm going to try it but thought i would share for the fellow arpg-heads.

https://lastepochgame.com/

Last bumped on Jun 1, 2018, 3:44:34 AM
Looks really promising, and hopefully it'll be fully funded - I myself backed it.

That said, there are already 2 topics about it in OT front page, yours is the third one... how about we stick to one only?
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Yep it's funded but personally not really hyped about this game. Tried the "tech" demo. The idea's not bad. We will see what they will do with our money..
Well I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be about a new chrono trigger.
HORRIBLE optimization...! Like W T F man??? Are you KIDDING ME with these frame rates...! UPLAYABLE
"
IMSilver wrote:
HORRIBLE optimization...! Like W T F man??? Are you KIDDING ME with these frame rates...! UPLAYABLE

Welcome to 'before Early Access'.
Interacting with trolls is its own minigame... there's not that much harm in if it as long as you personally don't get bothered.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Are you new to this website? :P
This dude has been trolling every popular section of the PoE forum for weeks now. Wholesale.

I have seen seven threads in off-topic and four in GD. In the past two months. I don't know the troll meta these days man, may as well be new!
Can someone explain to me how a this a viable business? I said this before in another thread but seems to me this ARPG space only has room for 1 or 2 competitors. "Killer app" so to speak like Word or Excel. It's not like FPS market where you play they are basic all the same you run a time through and done on to the next one. ARPGs are more intimate. Sometimes you play years and not another.

I still have Grim Dawn and all expansion DRM free version untouched. Still have D3 account I have not touched in 4 years. I only need POE. It's the killer app.

I certainly wouldnt try and compete with GGG.

GGG got lucky D3 sucked ass and wiggled in empty space. Otherwise it would have gone nowhere like I think these competitors wont. JMO I could be wrong.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 31, 2018, 11:01:14 PM
Well, Aim, only time will tell, HOWEVER, they managed to raise over a quarter of a million in a month or so. That sounds like some folks are interested. It doesn't prove that it's a long term viable business model of course.

They are selling the game unlike PoE so it doesn't necessarily have to be a long term viable business model. If they sell enough games to make a profit, fine. Or maybe they will think it a success if they just get their names out there for some future title and about break even. It's happened.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info