[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

where does your "20% more trap damage" in the gloves come from? ;)

ahh... 20% that traps trigger an additional time i guess
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Apr 25, 2018, 2:00:04 AM
Can I play this in HCSSF?
Been following this build, pretty fun and enjoyable gotten to 86 so far. was pretty cheap 2 gear. It does get 1 shot tho and ur hp is going to be low. Working on getting mine above 5k. Need to upgrade my neck and boots, But ive gotten all 3 resist same for wise oak which provides me with much needed defense. The good thing is ur regen is so high that if u dont get 1 shot ull prob survive. Tinkerskin makes the build.
Toon is numerotressleche if yall wanna critique my gear. Just running t10-14 on my elder ring so havent tried anything super serious yet.
think ill put aspect of spider on right ring and get a way better neck with ele pen and crit multi soon.
Also need a ball lighting enchant and 6L tinker but 5L lighting trap still a beast at clearing.
But such a pain to rebalance resists.
What are your thoughts on this for the Flashback event? Looking for something different to try to push 95. This looks fun, just wondering if the squishy aspect will hinder leveling past 90 too much. (My highest is 94 at the moment)
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
What are your thoughts on this for the Flashback event? Looking for something different to try to push 95. This looks fun, just wondering if the squishy aspect will hinder leveling past 90 too much. (My highest is 94 at the moment)

I got it to 95, so it's certainly possible (and wasn't that hard). And usually even Guardians are Deathless (except Mino, the rocks can squish me sometimes, but that can be fixed with flasks if you care enough).

The Trapper playstyle is rather safe, but your life pool isn't great until you reach high level and get good gear with Life. At level 95, I no longer feel squishy (~6k Life pool), until level 85 or so, I did (not that you die a LOT, but it feels bad to have 4-4.5k life). Added Cold helped a lot for what did kill me sometimes (Porcupines) when I rushed too fast.

A lot of the Life comes from Jewels. Jewels with 5% Life, or ~30 Life just won't do for late end-game.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 25, 2018, 6:07:07 AM
"
Anuwiel wrote:
I was looking for something efficient but not too meta, your build seems perfect.

I really wanna try it but i'm still kinda new in PoE. If you could add to your build some great items and tips for a smooth leveling / starting end game experience (low level tier maps, until we can afford the weapons for example) it would be perfect. Is it okay to use it as a starter ?

I used this as my first (and only) character for this league, since I had little time. Leveled with random rares that dropped and some of the unique items I listed in the guide (mostly the boots as an extra 5L). Getting a 5L Tinkerskin is a high priority when you reach the level you can use it, the rest of the gear you can slowly work up to (even the wands, I only got that around level 80, since they do cost a lot at first). The wands feel great for bosses, and feel good for mapping if you have a Quicksilver + learn to swap to the shield when charges might run out - in the end you'll have more than enough DPS to map with Brightbeak + Jaws (or a Caster Stat-stick + Jaws if you feel you need the DPS).

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 25, 2018, 6:02:59 AM
"
ErazerYo wrote:
Can I play this in HCSSF?

I would not recommend it. At least, not without major changes, mainly to get more Life and/or Energy Shield, and using MoM. You'll want a much higher life pool to be HC viable, in my opinion, more like 7-8k total pool at the very least. It's not that it's not possible, it's just that I feel for T16s or rippy maps, you can't be 100% sure you won't die with a low-ish life pool, and when you're SSF, you can't rely on the best gear.

This is possible to do, it will simply lower your damage quite drastically, but that's ok for HC.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 25, 2018, 10:01:14 AM
Congrats on making build of the week! :D
"
Congrats on making build of the week! :D

I was debating if I want to make a detailed video or section about how it works, but Bex got it first (and WAY better). I think the only thing they sorta missed is Aspect of the Spider, but that's not a must, just really nice to have.

And we even got Celestial Ball Lightning today. GGG are getting good at marketing!

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 26, 2018, 12:19:23 AM
I had pretty similar idea at the start of this league, yet mine wasn't 10% that dmg :)
The thing that interests me is how do you deal with your movement skill's crits, do you swap the weapons? I just missed that info in the guild I guess
I'm counting all the killers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info