[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

"
deadmeat9 wrote:
"
skeithyip wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:

Lightning Spike is better, you can also use Arc or Lightning Trap with Lightning Spoike trap for single target.

I feel Arc is best to use over Lightning Trap.

i would say it depends on the links you have got. without Deerstalker, 4L Arc Trap is kinda meh compared to 4L Lightning Trap.

I did arc trap on a 3 link +1 light wwand for like act 1-7 or 8, Then I did a 4 link. Deerstalker is cheap t get at that point and you can easily get the currency for it will questing.

I tried both arc and lighting trap while question but I keep going back to arc because it felt better.

i have been switching between both. sometimes i like A more. sometimes i like B more. damn.

mind sharing your 3L/4L setup? before moving on to deerstalker (i assume)

My Lightning Trap:
Lightning Trap + Added Lightning Dmg + Cluster Traps + Trap and Mine Dmg

My Arc Trap:
Arc + Added Lightning Dmg + Cluster Traps + Trap
Last edited by skeithyip on Jun 4, 2018, 1:51:49 AM
The ball lightning trap to single target isnt better than Lightning spire trap right now?

The new setup is Arc or Lightning trap to clear speed and Lightning spire trap to boss fight, right?

Whats the new setup gems to Lspire and Lightning trap?

My current gem setup is :

CLEAR SPEED : lightning trap+ inc crit strikes+ trap and mine dmg+ cluster traps+ add cold+ pierce

BOSS FIGHTS : trap(deerstalker)+ball lightning+cluster traps+ ele focus+ slower proj

Whats would be your recommendation to this two situations ?!
Been playing this build with your 3.3 tree and links from PoB. Arc traps simply demolish all content up to and including the t10s that I have gotten so far on more than cheap gear (except a lucky 6l tinkerskin I got). At least for now I don't even feel like a secondary single target setup is needed.
Last edited by Pleau1 on Jun 4, 2018, 2:50:37 AM
"
skeithyip wrote:

i have been switching between both. sometimes i like A more. sometimes i like B more. damn.

mind sharing your 3L/4L setup? before moving on to deerstalker (i assume)

My Lightning Trap:
Lightning Trap + Added Lightning Dmg + Cluster Traps + Trap and Mine Dmg

My Arc Trap:
Arc + Added Lightning Dmg + Cluster Traps + Trap

I did Trap and Mine Damage for instead of Added Light.

for 3 Link I did a +1 light wand with Arc, Trap, and Cluster Trap.

I probably just preferred Arc because its consistency at hitting enemies.
This is my gear now:

CantripN asked me to link
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
rel4us wrote:
This is my gear now:

CantripN asked me to link

This might sound dumb but why do you use ele focus in the arc links? Wouldn't it be more dmg to be shocking things when you crit?
Hello there, I'm playing my main character in the new League as your build, but with the Explosive Trap variance from the PoB link, since I've been looking for an Explosive Trap build for a while and yours just seemed good to me.

First question: Do you plan to talk more about the Explosive Trap variant eventually, or will you keep it PoB only?

Second question: What would you say is the biggest difference in terms of kind of gear you seek? With your Explosive Trap build, is the priority on getting more physical damage, or is getting more elemental damage as good?
hmm why avoid doom cast? it's pretty nearby on the tree, and this build has a lot of critical related things? is doom cast just not needed?
"
namad wrote:
hmm why avoid doom cast? it's pretty nearby on the tree, and this build has a lot of critical related things? is doom cast just not needed?

You simply don't need it. Too much dps as it is, so focus on defences.

I'll try out the Explosive Traps version later in the league. You'll want stat sticks, Hatred jewel with convert to cold, and phys damage on jewels.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 5, 2018, 5:35:13 AM
Alright, thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info