3.2 Bestiary End Game Crit Freezing Pulse Occultist

intimidate is 10% attack not spell damage
"
Inferius90 wrote:
intimidate is 10% attack not spell damage

Damn you're right. Every day is a school day. I guess Bated Breath is the better option.
Hi,

been looking around for some FP build and how they work recently.

With yours I can see the dmg part, but I am puzzled by how do you actually survive?
6.5k ES is not much, especially when it comes to phys hits with ES build, but it could be doable.

However, I see no regen/leech, so how do you sustain yourself in combat?
How do you quickly regain 5k+ ES when you take a hit?

Oh nevermind, you are play oh-cool-its, then its just regen :)
Last edited by Siliarus on Apr 16, 2018, 1:45:31 PM
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hi,

With yours I can see the dmg part, but I am puzzled by how do you actually survive?
6.5k ES is not much, especially when it comes to phys hits with ES build, but it could be doable.

6.5k ES is definitely not enough. Lucky for me, occultist has ES regen for each enemy killed up to 30% I think. That along with warlords mark generating endurance charges and CWDT Immortal Call + granite flask gives me some good defense against mobs and I can clear all tier of maps with ease.

Bosses is a different story. With no leech on bosses I rely entirely on regen. With occultist ascendancy, the regen to max ES is very quick and it also happens very fast. In addition energy shield recharge is not interrupted by damage if recharge began recently. For the most part I try to dodge as much as I can and play smart.
"
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hi,

6.5k ES is definitely not enough. Lucky for me, occultist has ES regen for each enemy killed up to 30% I think. That along with warlords mark generating endurance charges and CWDT Immortal Call + granite flask gives me some good defense against mobs and I can clear all tier of maps with ease.

Bosses is a different story. With no leech on bosses I rely entirely on regen. With occultist ascendancy, the regen to max ES is very quick and it also happens very fast. In addition energy shield recharge is not interrupted by damage if recharge began recently. For the most part I try to dodge as much as I can and play smart.

I see. I am just too used to leech so having ES recharge as main mechanic scares me a bit. But that's just years of old Vaal Pact under my belt.

BTW not sure you have seen this FP build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2078273/page/1
Just as food for thoughts - there is some nice min-maxing in there and even the bosses drop real quick. I would say it's on par with yours except that it opts for elementalist hence reaching solid cold pen levels.

Also Ice Bite could beat added cold dmg thanks to frenzy charge generation. But hypothermia it totally awesome for FP as you will keep things chilled at all time, even if the chill effect is completely irrelevant (like 1% effect on bosses), it still procs this multiplier.

Then controlled destruction, that one is surprisingly good and barely touches your crit. What it does is in fact subtract a small portion of crit equal to the base of your skill. You can still easily hit high crit chances and have this insane multiplier.
Thinking about doing this as league starter. Recomend any wands?
Hi, why Ghost Reaver and not Zeaolt,s Oath? And where do you get the power charges?
Reserved
"
losarturos wrote:
Hi, why Ghost Reaver and not Zeaolt,s Oath? And where do you get the power charges?

Forbidden Power in Ascendency grants power charges per 200 mana spent. Took me forever to figure out where he was getting it from too.
Hi there :)

I'm currently doing an FP witch in the new league, and I will follow this build. So far it's working fine ..I'm level ~50 now, damage is going well, survivability is going pretty ok ..but not perfect. BUT, the items I now have on me are pretty shitty. :)

If you have any other suggestions for 3.3, please update the thread.

Pretty sure many are following the thread, even if they're not posting.

Thanks for the build !!

Oh, PS: Before we reach to 6L Shav and Voids ( considering the league just started and economy/item drops will take a few weeks until it gets accessible ), what would be the best items as weapons ? Wands, daggers, any unique etc and what would be the recomended CRIT and Spell dmg from the weapons ? Let's say for lvl 50-70 ..even more

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info