Newbie Xbox player to using website - need help learning.

Hello, I've been playing a while on xbox not knowing this was a big steam game. I have hit a wall and then some with my characters. My Elewitch is 64 and find myself unable to progress as this is true for all my characters when they reach Act 1&2 in part 2. Shavronne and her monster own me sideways. How do I see the builds on website, when clicked all I see is code. I've also been recreating my characters to bestiary since my standard can't switch them. Is there a skill gem list showing what support gems are compatible? I feel I sound like a moron but I've searched hard on the site and feel like I missed a class in POE language.
Please help if just sharing a link to learn on my own, thank you very much in advance.
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2018, 9:22:35 AM
Generally, any offensive or aura skill can be linked with any support gem. Ideally, it all depends on just what function you want your offensive or aura skill to serve. Using a single support gem can make other support gems more effective, or less, depending on just what aim you are going for. Item choice and other stats acquired through gear also helps to alter this.

After you complete Act 4, and move in to Act 5, resistances and health pool, and energy shield if you have it, become a big part of the game. Namely the former: Resistances. If you find yourself dying a lot, having low resistances can be a big part of that. Also, a low health pool will mean you can die in a moments notice to some boss' attacks, although a lot of the Act bosses that aren't blatant physical bosses use elemental attacks (and almost no boss in the game uses Chaos, or none really, so Chaos resistance is fine to leave in the negatives, as it will almost never hamper your progression, and other resistance choices are far superior and DEMAND capping them) and simply raising your elemental resistances as highly as possible will negate almost all of their damage.

For instance: One of my very first characters I ever made in Path of Exile as a newbie was an Ice Shot Ranger, doing my own thing, playing however I wanted to. I made it all the way to where you are now, and I started dying a lot too. Malachai, especially, was a monster for me to battle. I also ran in to a lot of issues in the previous act against Kitava, as well as Innocence. The next character I played was going to end up being a Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Marauder build, and I breeeeeezed through these bosses, no-deathing myself in to Act 10 and finishing it all at around level 70. The main and primary difference was that my Marauder was far more sturdy in both HP and resistances, and I was leveling using the obscenely overpowered Sunder skill.

Changing gears in the conversation here, you ask about a skill gem list to show what support gems are compatible with what other skills. There is not, not to my knowledge. However, if you search up an individual skill gem, you'll get a slew of information for that skill gem and also what it may commonly be used to link with. In addition, I highly recommend you download Path of Building, as well as maybe search up a few of people's builds here and there and see what they're using and why (A lot of people make excellently detailed builds.)

If you download Path of Building, you can tinker around in there and you can see what I am talking about in the first paragraph, when I say that items, stats gained through items, and different support gems can vary the strength and effectiveness of following support gems.

If any of this helps, I am glad! o.o/ Also, if you need anything else, or I didn't cover it all, let me know~
Thank you so very much, this was a major help. I'm going to rework my juggernaut I made and have been playing more than anything else. If I run into something you bet Ill get in touvch.

Again thank you so very much for the intel.
"
Warborn4ever wrote:
Thank you so very much, this was a major help. I'm going to rework my juggernaut I made and have been playing more than anything else. If I run into something you bet Ill get in touvch.

Again thank you so very much for the intel.

No problem bud!

Health pool and resistances though, keep those as high as possible. If you have to trade off some damage, it's generally worth it. Potions, insta-heal potions and leech are all good for survivability as well too. Leech is actually in a really good place right now in PoE.
Just curious what you're opinion is, I read that armor over evasion on any class is best and that energy shield is only for non tank types. As for flasks I've been doing ok.

My Juggernaut is 57, 338 str, 99 int, 94 dex
Life 2091, armor 9675, evasion 273, resist fire 76% (108), cold 53% (working on it) and lightning 75% (103)

Estimated Physical damage reduction 89% chance block 31% (working on it)

Is it ok?

Also, endurance, frenzy, power charges, where do you get these from? I've seen how to spend or increase amount but not generate. Also, how on this planet does stun work? I was going to add it for tough fights but no idea how to stun.

Thanks again for the help, enjoying the game more knowing stuff.
I believe people find Armor far more reliable than Evasion, because with Evasion and low health, or Evasion and low Block, Evasion and low ES, etc, Evasion is, I think, for the most part used with glass cannon builds. If you get hit, which is going to happen at some point with Evasion, you're going to either hurt incredibly hard, or die. Whereas with Armor, and Block, you're soaking tons of damage and barely feeling a thing, especially if you're using good potions, high regen or leech.

As for your stats, yes they look pretty good. That Physical Damage Reduction is pretty high, and your Block Chance is around halfway-ish to the cap. Resistances look fine, but ofc that Cold resist you're working on. I think, from what I believe I know and somebody else can correct me on this should I be wrong, that you only need 15% more resistance over the cap to be safe from Elemental Weakness curse.

As for generating Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charges, these come from items or skills. You can also use Fortify, but I believe you've already got plenty of toughness (Your health stands to be improved, but you're only level 57 so far, so it looks pretty good to me. I think 5k Health is the end-game minimum standard people shoot for) or you might already be using it. Also, in regards to charges, you can use negative charge amount jewels and such to reduce your max charge total (if you have 0 total top-end charges, I believe you're always set to "max" charges, so you benefit from items where if you have for instance "Max (0)" Frenzy Charges, you'll always benefit from that bonus power of the item.)

As for Stun, I believe if you do more damage in a single hit than a certain percentage of the monster's health, they are stunned. That's how I believe it works. >_>;
Thanks, more food for thought. I'm sitting in act 6 trying out different combos of gems and supports. I'm leaning them all towards element/ melee splash/ element penetration/ multistrike IE: glacial hammer, molten strike, static strike. (I believe they are all working together in their respective groups. I also have a set made for pure physical damage: double strike, multistrike, melee physical dam, melee splash. I took your advice in less damage dealing and more survivability.

As for stun I will toy with it to see how to get it to work. Still confused on the charges but again have time to learn. Correct me if I'm wrong but only body armor and 2 handers can have 6 slots linked with the rest of armor held to 4 cap and 1 handers 3 cap. I kept trying to get a shield over 3 but could swear I saw one with 4. Or am I seeing things?
As far as I am aware, shields and one-handers (with the exception of around 2 uniques off-memory) can only roll up to 3 sockets. Two-handed weapons, bows included, and body armors can roll 6 sockets. Other gear slots can roll 4, and an Unset ring can hold one.

Abyss belts can have an Abyss socket as well (two if it's the unique belt, or 3 I think if it's a lucky Vaal. Not sure on that, but I remember something in the game able to roll 3 sockets. But the Abyss sockets are for stats equivalent to that you'd find on gear, not gems.)

----

I personally say get toughness as high as you possibly can. Damage, you can have a few hundred thousand dps on your ability and that's all you should need for handling everything. A few million dps and you're almost one-shotting the game's end-game bosses. There's even an absurdly strong Blade Flurry build out there that gets up to and over a hundred million dps, it one-shots anything, lol.

----

Double Strike, how is that going for you? I was thinking perhaps of making a Double Strike build myself inside of Path of Building, seeing how well I can make it. I really want to use the dual-wield weapons, Rigwald's Command & Rigwald's Savagery, and I thought perhaps Double Strike would be a good ability to use for them.
as a fellow new player,(i started playing on xbox right when bestiary league started) theres some things that alot of people tend to not share for newbies, that i learned on my own from personal trial and error

1) you can use most crafting currency on anything, so if you find a useful unique but the wrong amount of sockets, DONT throw it away, just reroll it, same goes for the color of sockets

2) easiest way to earn chaos orbs is to not buy them from the trade market but to sell stacks of your accumulated crafting currencys for 1-2 chaos OVER what sellers are asking for under chaos orb search filter
(you will need to spend atleast $5.00 real money to unlock ability to post on trade market whici is cheap imo vs avg cost of newly released game at 59.99)

3) dont be afraid to pick everything and anything up as your just starting out, its a painstaking long process but will help you in the long run from just selling every single trash rare that drops to vendors, trust me i know and i have a tornado shot ranger, oni goroshi (self farmed, dont ask how long it took, too damn long) molten strike trickster and perfecting a Mjolner maruader build atm

4) price check your items with the pc world and than multiply it by 2 or 3 for xbox (yes the economy on console is that screwed up)

5) All builds on pc work for xbox, but the cost of the builds you should expect to pay about 3-5x the amount someone in pc world would

hope this helps you build your own personal empire
Thanks a ton hatr8d, good info. Brether, I quit the double and I'm now goofing around with 2hndr lacerate. Nothing solid on my end as far as builds, very hodge podge to be honest.
Side question, is there a way to see start/end dates for leagues, ie: when does beastiary end?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info