[3.9/3.10] HowTo Lightning Arrow Slayer - Cold or Lightning Stacking

Nevermind answered my own question. Fun build
Last edited by MiloJenkins on Jun 18, 2018, 6:37:45 PM
Thanks for your time and effort into making a guide for this build, I've enjoyed playing it so far! I have a few questions (I'm completely new to the game and this is basically my first character). I've been leveling with RoA this entire time all the way up to my current level (76) which has felt great in terms of clear speed. When I switch to LA, I feel like my clear speed is drastically lowered and have used the gems with LA stated in your guide. Also, using Barrage feels really bad for single target so I've basically just have been using RoA this entire time which I know isn't supposed to be the way to play this build but has felt like the most effective way to me. I've been striving to get the recommended gear in the guide but don't have the currency to spend. So far I've been able to get a Deadeye's and a Starkonja's (have been using a Goldrim instead for the resistances) and got lucky enough to get a Tabula which I'm pretty sure has carried me this entire time. I'm pretty much stuck on Tier 4 Maps (haven't gone to Tier 5 because I usually get one shotted in the Arenas). Currently, I've been focusing on farming rares for the Chaos Orbs recipe in order to save up enough to buy something.

GEAR:

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAQAAAUtBbUIiQ2NES8RgRR1IXYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgqWysKLlMwfDH6MpQ2PTnUQzFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtbr11oXfJfOWHiYetirGOnZU1sjG8ncFJ07XXLdvd59npTfwJ_K4bOh3aJ04rwjDaNfY1-jb-VBZpqmvGbJpstnaqgn6OKpMKwq7TFtUi9Nr6nwUnC7MSCyMzI3MqpzZjPetNv2cbawd1G32_nVOjW6mLrFOtj7g7vj_zF_h3_3g==

So my questions basically are:

What would you recommend I focus on buying first?

Why does RoA feel better than LA?

Why does Barrage feel really weak for single target?

Are there any changes I can make to my skill tree?

What changes to my gear should I make, and how would I make them? (Sorry, I'm really new to the game)
"
apexi0000 wrote:
Thanks for your time and effort into making a guide for this build, I've enjoyed playing it so far! I have a few questions (I'm completely new to the game and this is basically my first character). I've been leveling with RoA this entire time all the way up to my current level (76) which has felt great in terms of clear speed. When I switch to LA, I feel like my clear speed is drastically lowered and have used the gems with LA stated in your guide. Also, using Barrage feels really bad for single target so I've basically just have been using RoA this entire time which I know isn't supposed to be the way to play this build but has felt like the most effective way to me. I've been striving to get the recommended gear in the guide but don't have the currency to spend. So far I've been able to get a Deadeye's and a Starkonja's (have been using a Goldrim instead for the resistances) and got lucky enough to get a Tabula which I'm pretty sure has carried me this entire time. I'm pretty much stuck on Tier 4 Maps (haven't gone to Tier 5 because I usually get one shotted in the Arenas). Currently, I've been focusing on farming rares for the Chaos Orbs recipe in order to save up enough to buy something.

GEAR:

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAQAAAUtBbUIiQ2NES8RgRR1IXYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgqWysKLlMwfDH6MpQ2PTnUQzFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtbr11oXfJfOWHiYetirGOnZU1sjG8ncFJ07XXLdvd59npTfwJ_K4bOh3aJ04rwjDaNfY1-jb-VBZpqmvGbJpstnaqgn6OKpMKwq7TFtUi9Nr6nwUnC7MSCyMzI3MqpzZjPetNv2cbawd1G32_nVOjW6mLrFOtj7g7vj_zF_h3_3g==

So my questions basically are:

1) What would you recommend I focus on buying first?

2) Why does RoA feel better than LA?

3) Why does Barrage feel really weak for single target?

4) Are there any changes I can make to my skill tree?

What changes to my gear should I make, and how would I make them? (Sorry, I'm really new to the game)

1) Atziri's Promise, Starkonja's, cheap amulet (life, multi, low wed or some res), Belly (4l if you cant afford 5l for now, but a 5L bow or belly arent that expensive), 1 socket gloves if you cant afford 2 sockets - in that order

2) i think its because it has a higher level, it should feel good with 4l. if you like it you can keep roa, it got buffed and felt good to me, but no offscreen clear, so ye...

3) tbh, i havent played barrage this season, but it allways felt a bit weird until u stacked some projectiles in a 5+ link, maybe get a level 17+ blast rain in your tabula (allways single target in best/most links) - the gloves get useless if you play blast rain

fix your gems, youre missing blood rage e.g. and if you want, take "immortal call - inc duration - cast when damage taken" for some def and skip the tombfist gloves (you miss quite some damage though)

4) the linked tree is for sth like lvl 20 (mb the server downtime fks with it atm)

with lvl 76 your tree should look like this: http://poeurl.com/bZbu

get the frenzy charges now and use blood rage + frenzy to keep them up in maps and against bosses. after that go for the other jewel slots, they are expensive and dont give that much damage.

For gear questions look at my items. I kept them really cheap and killed shaper with them. If i missed sth feel free to ask here or ingame.
[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
Last edited by trudikampfschaf on Jun 20, 2018, 6:23:15 PM
This build is highly non-viable late game for most bosses T14+. You get one shotted and with barrage nerf hardly deal enough damage. LA is great for map clearing, but that's about it.
"
Jev_VII wrote:
This build is highly non-viable late game for most bosses T14+. You get one shotted and with barrage nerf hardly deal enough damage. LA is great for map clearing, but that's about it.

Hey, thanks for your answer. The mistake might be on my side and ill try to fix that. As mentioned in the post directly above yours and in the first post of this thread im currently playing Blast Rain and not Barrage. You can try that instead of Barrage, if it feels bad.

Besides that it takes some gear to reach endgame and classes like the Jugg might be a bit tankier without gear, but thats bow life. My current gear should be worth around 3ex and i have killed shaper deathless. Maybe invest some time and practice the fight, there really arent that many builds, that can facetank shaper balls. Thats why KB wanders or bow chars are for mapping and not efficiently farming uber elder. Nevertheless T15 maps should not be a problem.

In addition i took your post as a motivation to finally provide a few more videos, that are currently being uploaded.

T15 Reef: https://youtu.be/Ja-TJfU69_w - sry for the weird brightness, shadow play does things

Some others (with better qulity, i promise!) will follow, i have to kill uber elder later before being able to record shaper and one or two guardians.

Feel free to ask here or ingame in case you have some unanswered questions left.

edit shaper: https://youtu.be/HKcADNAwniQ
Last edited by trudikampfschaf on Jun 26, 2018, 5:36:35 AM
I have a question? Does Point Blank work with LA sir ?
"
tranphuccd wrote:
I have a question? Does Point Blank work with LA sir ?

Yes, it does affect LA and Blast Rain.
Last edited by trudikampfschaf on Jun 28, 2018, 11:42:48 AM
Love the build, are there any ways that I can improve my endurance charges? as I find that most of my deaths are because my immortal call didn't proc. Also, thanks for the guide; as a new player finding something that offers so much with a reasonable budget really saved me a lot of farming time.
"
Love the build, are there any ways that I can improve my endurance charges? as I find that most of my deaths are because my immortal call didn't proc. Also, thanks for the guide; as a new player finding something that offers so much with a reasonable budget really saved me a lot of farming time.

If you really want take Enduring Cry. Replace the Faster Attacks from Mirror Arrow or the Vaal Haste.

Originally the Immortal Call was only to trigger Soul of Arakaali.
I see, are there any gem setups/ items that you can recommend that would add a bit of extra survivability? Just something to help a bit while i improve my mechanics. Again, ty for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info