[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
squiggyniggy wrote:
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
Good news,

For the next wands i'll try to get Penetration or a combo of Pen + crit/ leech from lightning damage.

Also need to check if the lightning damage roll is global if so it will add us a lot of dps

Can't get leech on wands anymore unless you're playing standard and buy legacy wands. lightning damage corruption will be weapon damage not global.

yea I know about the leech roll. this build is something i'm using on standard.

I'm fairly new player and now I started incursion with a dif build - totem arc and i'm mixing between the two because totem feels pretty boring for me.

can see all the new wand rolls here: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=MapFragment#Wands

if the elm damage roll isn't global it's pretty stupid - the least they could do is make it lightning damage for spells which is the whole point of poets.

at it is now I assume only our barrage gains that elm damage on poets and it doesn't scale or benefit us at all. is that currect?
Last edited by Darksiders25 on Jun 12, 2018, 3:33:08 AM
Hi Dariidar, thank you for the build, it's really fun to play and i'm having a blast.
I'm to the point where i have a little bit of difficulty in single target damage and survivability in maps T2.
What's the next step i should take? I have around 100 chaos of currency left to invest, should i buy 2 more poet's pen? Or invest into buying leveled quality gems?
If i buy Mind Of the Council i lose nearly 75% of res that i need to find in some other gear piece, so i find tricky making that investment right now.
Another problem is that i don't have MOM yet, i'm sitting around 3.6k life and 850 unreserved mana, clearly not enough, maybe even with the 3 mana nodes after mom.

My char should be public, it's EunMiyu, thank you!
"
Aoki4 wrote:
Hi Dariidar, thank you for the build, it's really fun to play and i'm having a blast.
I'm to the point where i have a little bit of difficulty in single target damage and survivability in maps T2.
What's the next step i should take? I have around 100 chaos of currency left to invest, should i buy 2 more poet's pen? Or invest into buying leveled quality gems?
If i buy Mind Of the Council i lose nearly 75% of res that i need to find in some other gear piece, so i find tricky making that investment right now.
Another problem is that i don't have MOM yet, i'm sitting around 3.6k life and 850 unreserved mana, clearly not enough, maybe even with the 3 mana nodes after mom.

I bought my council yesterday and this actually gives a lot of survivability!! You will have to get MoM and the mana nodes behind it though. If you can buy one then get it. I used to have mana issues when being hit a lot but not anymore so the helm actually gives you sort of a "life" leech.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Aoki4 wrote:

if you are leveling a char or even if the char is on lv 90+ you can use poet pens with other gems. I leveled a new char to the high lv 80's using 2 poets and i was able to do upto T6 maps fairly easy only carrying myself with the barrage on chest and 2 poets that one had freezing pulse and the other had fire ball. u can attack non stop and the damage was ok.

you can do the same until you buy most of the nessesary gear and more than that until your char gains enough levels to actually use the build properly. even tho if i recall in the guide he used other build to lv up and only went to poets when he had around 100 passive points.

if you still want to use arc... use 2 poets and just use arc + lightning wrap. that way you stay mobile and you won't take too much damage (unlike swapping to ball lightning + arc).

importance wise i'd say: pens -> council -> berrek -> impulsa -> unique amulet.
the helm gives u a mana and helps u sustain it. berek will help you to survive as long as you don't get one shotted. chest will improve trash clear. amulet adds a lot of damage.

but that's for red maps and endgame.
Thank you for your replies, i'll try to buy a council and see if i can sustain that after taking mind over matters then.
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
Good news,

just tested a 5% chance to gain power charge on critical strike corrupted roll on Poet.

As I was hoping for it is global and I managed to proc it both with arc and hearald of thunder even tho my ball lightning was socketed into the poet.

this can free us atleast two gems - power charge on crit sup and orb of storms :)

I think that 5% roll is enough I had 3 power charges most of the time and the map was low tier and things dies in one hit so in higher maps it will be a lot easier to maintain 3 charges 100% of the time esp vs bosses.

Thanks for this post! I was thinking about few tweaks to the build and it was dependant on whether power charge on crit corruption will be good. Thanks.
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
"
Aoki4 wrote:

importance wise i'd say: pens -> council -> berrek -> impulsa -> unique amulet.

My personal approach on each Char is (beside the build enabling Uniques, here 2 Pens):
Best affordable Jewelery and Stuff to cap Resistances with only Slots used, they won't be exchanged with endgame items without Resistances-> Rest of Gear (as you mentioned)

Balanced Resistances are the most important factor in my eyes. When your Jewelery is managed right, you dont have to change it much when your Currency drops in and you can afford the good enhancing items. It's a one time investment which lasts long. Path of Buildings helps a lot in this cases.

Edit:
Here are some example searches for good starter Items.
Belt with Tri-Res and 100+ Life (usually around 10 - 15 C): http://poe.trade/search/kunanakaminito
Ring with 50+ Life and high Res (starting art 1 Alch, look for an open Prefix to craft Mana on it): http://poe.trade/search/uninitasikobam
Last edited by Borat187 on Jun 12, 2018, 5:54:13 AM
"
Aoki4 wrote:
Thank you for your replies, i'll try to buy a council and see if i can sustain that after taking mind over matters then.

Look, there is a "cheap" way to start.

You "dont need" Council to sustain, im doing shaped underground sea with elder/shaper influence and MF clothes withouth Council (but i need mana flask) and im fine most of the time. That means you can start without Council.

You dont need Berek to start, you can use an amulet with lightning damage leech + life + res.
http://poe.trade/search/oahoidowotakob

So after Poet's go for Inpulsa, Poets + Inpulsa are the core of the build, and they will carry you up to t10 easily and probably more, you will sustain with barrage setup, you dont need 5l to start, can go with 4l removing accuracy.

You will sustain really easy with that amulet + barrage 4l setup.

Buy corrupted lvl 20 Arc, they are cheeeeeeaaaaapp. 1c, so you can scale a lot your dps.

When you reach 80c go for lvl 21 Arc, to scale dps even more.
http://poe.trade/search/ikitahahisunek

When you reach 5-6ex, then you buy Choir + Berek.

As you level remember to buy jewels for your tree, 15% spell/light dmg + 15% crit mult, like 1-3c each, they scale a lot your dps.

Last edited by Ithras on Jun 12, 2018, 10:30:11 AM
Hey guys,
im playing this on hc and wondering if I can run Phys Reflect maps without killing myself? Since our frenzy and barrage does a decent amount of dmg. I don't want to test it myself for obvious reasons^^.
Hey there, any advice when it comes to bossing with this build ?

I find it more complicated than expected, mostly it's either:

-keep the arc/warp setup and i can dodge everything but dps is terrible
-swap to arc/ball lightning and dps is ok (not even that good, still missing some stuff though) but with only the base runspeed, no movement skill and rather low defense it's really hard to dodge

Also to sustain dps i need to stand still for a while and let the BL stack to get the leech/shock going, only firing once then moving isn't really effective.

So most of the time i can either facetank the boss just fine (lots of small dmg, dot or whatever) or it's a whole mess if i need to dodge the slams or big telegraphed attacks.

The build is really fun to clear maps but any high HP boss with heavy attacks makes it painful so far, any hope for this without crazy expensive gear ? I already have 4 poet's pen, inpulsa, mind of the council and berek's grip, i'm a bit reluctant to invest even more into the build as the potential to kill bosses seems a bit low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info