[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
Drexl27 wrote:

Also, are there any other pieces you wear that you think a different more expensive item would be better? And I don't mean more expensive because of higher rolls, but just completely different. I have a lot of currency to spend and want to make this build as good as it can be.

Something that might be better would be a shaped belt or boots with % cooldown recovery speed. However, keep in mind these pieces are not necessarily better, because it means you have to start investing heavily into attack speed as well - sacrificing jewel attributes / skillpoints that could have been spent on damage instead.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 13, 2018, 3:10:01 PM
Good day with the build! Uber Lab done, red elder done and t15 down. Everything was cake except elder... most because I don't fully know all the mechanics.

Any tips on where to go from here gear wise? I'm keeping my eyes open for 4 mod jewels but they are hard to come by.
Last edited by JustOneMoreRun on Apr 13, 2018, 11:18:08 PM
I'm using you're build but I changed it up a bit and am using wrath with a sexy jewel. I am a bit squishy though sitting only at 4246 life. What do you recommend trying to increase for my overall tankiness and life?

-Sidenote I know that my arcane surge is too high I'm just trying to get it to 20% quality :-).

here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/6GM2uLQj
Last edited by scubastevefather on Apr 14, 2018, 4:41:16 AM
the maximum for this build is the T1 beach map. What is on the video is photoshop.
В ожидании аукциона.
Im playing a very similar build right now and I totaly agree that arc/warp + nova/ball lighting is crazy fun to play and very powerfull.

My build is none crit because you still do around 800k ball lightning/nova damage without it and over a million with flasks up.

I went for 7k life instead of MoM.

Oh and seriously get a vitality watchers eye with life gain on hit. It makes you basicaly immortal with poet pen ball lightning spam.

Other upgrades I cant find in your guide would be global blind shaper gloves and a abyss jewel with spells have a chance to hinder, both is basicaly always up in boss fights because of how often ball lightning hits. You could also use tombfists to get maim on attacks which stacks with hinder from jewels making boss fights super save.

Why no cooldown recovery belt or boots? Its the biggest dps increase you can get and faster attacks/frenzy 20%/gmp 20% is enough to get to 4,5 aps without investment in the tree.

If you want to look over my build its Zonko_ele_shenanigans

Last edited by Zerber on Apr 14, 2018, 11:32:39 AM
"
Good day with the build! Uber Lab done, red elder done and t15 down. Everything was cake except elder... most because I don't fully know all the mechanics.

Any tips on where to go from here gear wise? I'm keeping my eyes open for 4 mod jewels but they are hard to come by.

Wow, you have a HOT opal ring.

Boots: remove the crafted %eva/es, and use catarina to craft +mana on it instead.
You can buy level 21/ 0 quality shock nova and arc very cheaply this league, and you don't need quality on your shock nova/arc.
Also try to get a bubbling or staunching divine life flask, and consider switching vinktar > stibnite flask for more defense. Otherwise the build looks pretty good, just need to grab heartseeker and a few more jewel sockets.

"
I'm using you're build but I changed it up a bit and am using wrath with a sexy jewel. I am a bit squishy though sitting only at 4246 life. What do you recommend trying to increase for my overall tankiness and life?

-Sidenote I know that my arcane surge is too high I'm just trying to get it to 20% quality :-).

here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/6GM2uLQj

Dang, that jewel is very sexy.

Here's my suggestions:
Get level 1 Frenzy and Barrage. Having them at a high level doesn't do anything. Keeping them at level 1 lowers your build's Dex requirement. Once you've done that, you can remove the Coordination node. Your attack speed should be pretty close to capped with a 20 quality Faster Attacks. Once you've removed Coordination, respec the 3-node jewel socket above Acrobatics. You will now have 4 free skillpoints. Use those skillpoints to pick up 2 jewel sockets below Mind over Matter and Melding. Overall you will get a little boost in dps/life depending on your jewel.

As far as other improvements on gear, I would work on getting better boots. Something with higher life or mana or resistance. Also work on getting a Stygian Vise. An abyss jewel in the belt can give you even more +mana to boost your tankiness.

"
destle wrote:
the maximum for this build is the T1 beach map. What is on the video is photoshop.

Fake news!

"
Zerber wrote:
get a vitality watchers eye with life gain on hit. It makes you basicaly immortal with poet pen ball lightning spam.

Other upgrades I cant find in your guide would be global blind shaper gloves and a abyss jewel with spells have a chance to hinder, both is basicaly always up in boss fights because of how often ball lightning hits. You could also use tombfists to get maim on attacks which stacks with hinder from jewels making boss fights super save.

Why no cooldown recovery belt or boots? Its the biggest dps increase you can get and faster attacks/frenzy 20%/gmp 20% is enough to get to 4,5 aps without investment in the tree.

If you want to look over my build its Zonko_ele_shenanigans

Hey, interesting take on the build. One of the core parts of my build is the Mind of the Council helmet because of its insane ability to recover mana with Ball Lightning. Also, MoM requires much less investment. Your build achieves 7k life by grabbing suboptimal nodes (Melding), as well as a ton of abyss jewels with high life/resistance, but those jewels have very little damage. By going MoM instead, I can invest much less of my skillpoints into Life nodes/Life jewels, and invest those points into damage and %crit multiplier. Overall this allows me to attain higher DPS than your build while still having 7k eHP and great life/mana sustain.

I am hesitant about the vitality watcher's eye on my MoM build because it uses up so much mana reservation. One way to avoid using up so much mana reservation with Vitality is to use Essence Worm ring. However this forces me to lose a potential opal ring with life/mana/resistances. It makes me invest in more jewels with %resistances instead of jewels with %damage. Overall I sacrifice some eHP/damage for using Essence Worm, which I didn't like. It was much easier to get life sustain from Berek's Grip + barrage life gain on hit.

I did use Shaper gloves with %blind on hit for a while. However, my final endgame setup I decided to use gloves with Faster Attacks. This mod is only found on Elder gloves which cannot get Blind. I opted for an abyss jewel with %blind on attacks instead.

Tombfist for Maim is another great option, and so is the Hinder jewel. However it has been extremely hard for me to find a decent 4-mod abyss jewel with life/mana/damage mod/hinder. If I got hinder on this build I'd have to give up some tankiness or damage on an abyss jewel, which I wasn't quite comfortable with. Also there is no data on how long hinder lasts / what the cooldown is, so it wasn't reliable enough for me.

I didn't get CDR gear because my build is already starved for resistances and it's hard to get good CDR gear with good life/mana/res. A Darkness Enthroned provides a lot more eHP for my build, as well as some damage. I also wanted to use Barrage instead of Frenzy so I could take advantage of life gain on hit. It's a lot harder to hit 4.7 aps with Barrage. I suppose if you use Vitality watcher's eye, you don't need Barrage LGOH, but I prefer not to use Vitality due to the reasons listed above.

Overall, I think that the MoM version of the build is easier to make because it frees up skillpoints for damage. I think CDR gear might work to some extent if you can get CDR items with extremely high resistances, and also get a Vitality watcher's eye with Essence Worm (to make up for using Frenzy instead of Barrage). But the cost for all of that will be quite high, and overall you won't get that much more dps/eHP than my current version. I'm interested to see how your version of the build tackles endgame content. Could you record some video?
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 14, 2018, 1:50:19 PM
Thanks for your suggestions ! I did what you said and I just need to fix the belt a bit (I'm at 72% fire resist) but the added health from jewels + dmg and new boots helped a lot. Finding a good stygian vise with resists and high max life is gonna be tough XD

It definitely feels tankier though just by going from 4k ish to 4.5k health
Last edited by scubastevefather on Apr 14, 2018, 4:21:58 PM
Great build
"
dariidar wrote:

Overall, I think that the MoM version of the build is easier to make because it frees up skillpoints for damage. I think CDR gear might work to some extent if you can get CDR items with extremely high resistances, and also get a Vitality watcher's eye with Essence Worm (to make up for using Frenzy instead of Barrage). But the cost for all of that will be quite high, and overall you won't get that much more dps/eHP than my current version. I'm interested to see how your version of the build tackles endgame content. Could you record some video?

Im sorry I have to chicken out because I gave all my maps/uniques/currency to my guild (and also have never recorded anything bevor). I lost interest in the league after I waited almost two weeks for a single reasonable priced vitality life on hit/wrath ele pen watchers eye and not a single one showed up or the guys having them already quit the league.

The ehp is basicaly the same so my version can take the same punishment from big hits as your build. Is ball lighting lgoh better than barrage? I dont know but whats really helpfull is that the balls still give you health even if you have to run away from something.

I had to get the res on the jewels to compensate on the zero resists on my belt, when I made it 20% cooldown recovery belts with decent life and 2 res costed around 20ex or more so I decided to cheap out and buy jewels. Especially because the dps is still absurd for the investment, like I said 800k without flasks up and you might do a lot more with crit.

"
dariidar wrote:
Overall this allows me to attain higher DPS than your build while still having 7k eHP and great life/mana sustain.

Well... I honestly dont know if frenzy (wrong you do use frenzy charges my bad) / Elemental Overload / Wrath / enough shock efficiency to get almost 50% increased damage taken / conductivity / cooldown reduction is really worse than going crit with choir of storms. The shapers mark gives a lot of extra dps too. Using frenzy in a second setup kinda messes with your dps because stacks arent always up or you have to weave it in between attacks.

This is a up to date ball lightning damage calculator, just multiply your average PoB ball lightning dps with your APS (how high you really can get without lagging out cooldowns, mine is 3,71 without cooldown reduction but its not always the same) and alter the other boxes accordingly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529

Dont forget to calculate shock yourself cause PoB is the old 50%.

My Ball lighting DPS is 613K + 221k Nova dps = 834k

With the wrath pen watchers eye I never got my hands on it would have been: 958k dps.

Vinktar/Promise add around 200-250k dps

Thats all Shaper no weird boxed ticked DPS of course.

I went for blood magic frenzy because the vitality outregens the life loss from attacking.

All said and done poet pen lightning wrap + x is one of coolest things right now in the game no matter which direction you go with it and I seriously consider to play it again next league if they do not nerf the pen "fingers crossed"

Last edited by Zerber on Apr 14, 2018, 7:13:16 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
dariidar wrote:

Im sorry I have to chicken out because I gave all my maps/uniques/currency to my guild (and also have never recorded anything bevor). I lost interest in the league after I waited almost two weeks for a single reasonable priced vitality life on hit/wrath ele pen watchers eye and not a single one showed up or the guys having them already quit the league.

The ehp is basicaly the same so my version can take the same punishment from big hits as your build. Is ball lighting lgoh better than barrage? I dont know but whats really helpfull is that the balls still give you health even if you have to run away from something.

I had to get the res on the jewels to compensate on the zero resists on my belt, when I made it 20% cooldown recovery belts with decent life and 2 res costed around 20ex or more so I decided to cheap out and buy jewels. Especially because the dps is still absurd for the investment, like I said 800k without flasks up and you might do a lot more with crit.

"
dariidar wrote:
Overall this allows me to attain higher DPS than your build while still having 7k eHP and great life/mana sustain.

Well... I honestly dont know if frenzy (wrong you do use frenzy charges my bad) / Elemental Overload / Wrath / enough shock efficiency to get almost 50% increased damage taken / conductivity / cooldown reduction is really worse than going crit with choir of storms. The shapers mark gives a lot of extra dps too. Using frenzy in a second setup kinda messes with your dps because stacks arent always up or you have to weave it in between attacks.

This is a up to date ball lightning damage calculator, just multiply your average PoB ball lightning dps with your APS (how high you really can get without lagging out cooldowns, mine is 3,71 without cooldown reduction but its not always the same) and alter the other boxes accordingly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529

Dont forget to calculate shock yourself cause PoB is the old 50%.

My Ball lighting DPS is 613K + 221k Nova dps = 834k

With the wrath pen watchers eye I never got my hands on it would have been: 958k dps.

Vinktar/Promise add around 200-250k dps

Thats all Shaper no weird boxed ticked DPS of course.

I went for blood magic frenzy because the vitality outregens the life loss from attacking.

All said and done poet pen lightning wrap + x is one of coolest things right now in the game no matter which direction you go with it and I seriously consider to play it again next league if they do not nerf the pen "fingers crossed"

First of all, I am aware of that ball lightning dps calculator. I compared our PoB numbers; I assumed that both of us grabbed the Amplify node (even though you didn't), I accounted for the fact that you have 45% reduced ball lightning helm enchant, I readjusted so that I have 46.5% shock and so that you have 50% shock , and configured vs Shaper/Guardian.

Here is the PoB configuration (no flasks active):

Here is our ball lightning comparison:

Now, considering that you have 20% more procs due to CDR gear, we can confidently say that your Ball Lightning does about 20% more damage than my ball lightning.

However, comparing our PoB once again, my shock nova does close to 60k damage while yours does about 40k. My shock nova is 50% stronger than yours! Furthermore, I also get choir's lightning bolt which deals about 30k dmg twice per second. Therefore I think that ultimately our damage ends up very similar despite your investment into CDR.

As you pointed out, good CDR gear and watchers eyes are damn expensive. That is why I opted for my variant, but I can see how strong your variant is as well.
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 14, 2018, 8:40:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info